Are you D-O-N-E with CiV?

Sherlock

Just one more turn...
After nine hundred hours I don't think I'll ever play another game.

I come out here every now and then to see if there's any CiVI news.

It's my fav game of all time, but enough is enough.

Anyone else through with CiV?

I don't play all the time really, but at night if I'm bored I'll fire it up on my lap top for a couple of hours...which turns into several hours at times. I have sort of an early game addiction, I don't finish every game I start if nothing interesting is going on by the later eras.

I like to shake it up though once in a while and do some really random stuff just for giggles. Start a game on Deity and try for the worst location possible. Take a civ that ends up near the north or south, go plop down a city in the snow and see how long it takes to get found and destroyed. So much fun on an archipelago map or something like that, just waiting to see which power house will find and crush you first.

Nope. Civilization is the one game I can always go back to after I complete another game or if I get bored with the games I'm playing at the time. In fact, I might go back and play a game of cIV after I beat my current CiV game.

I sometimes give it another try, hoping to get into it, but it never really works.

I'm with sixty4half, the Civ series is absurdly replayable in comparison to other games. I can play civ forever and not really get bored

Probably, Although there's good chance i'll just go back to watch cities grow for fun.

I just cannot invest in a CiV game anymore.

Twice a month i'll start a game for fun, trying to find something new to do. But i just play through the turns, not paying attention enough which ends up with uninteresting games for me.

So yeah, CiVI please, and the sooner the better

I'll never quit Civ entirely - there are times when I get bored of it but that doesn't usually last long lol. Plus, if I do get bored of it, I've also got Civ BE to fall back on :)

Nope. Been playing since Civ I. I can always play a game and have fun. If I get bored, I play another map.

Sometime I just leave it for awhile but always come back. Just can't say that about any other game.

Just curious for those who say they are bored with it? Are you using any of the many mods that make the game more interesting/challenging.

I currently just have G&K. At first I was working on getting the basic steam achievements but once those were in the bag I added mods like Barbarians evolved and some of the other mods that for me make it funner and oftentimes more challenging. Next is to start moving up in difficulty (mostly play at warlord and prince.....I know I know tooo easy). Once I get bored with G&K (I have close to 3000 hours in) then I will get BNW.

I have downloaded all the civ expansions and some of the modded civs and try to get all the victory types on different map types at different levels with each civ. So much replayabilty compared to other games.

My wife sure wishes I would get bored with it and quit playing. LOL.

Im pretty much done with the single player, now that I can reliably (barring a really terrible start)win Deity. Every game is just the same, settle some cities, build the NC---> click end turn a lot---> win.
I did start playing some MP games with friends so that's basically all that keeps me playing right now.

Since BE sucks I still frequently visit Civ V at least once a month usually for a game or two.

Some mods got me interested in checking them out though like the community patch and the Enlightenment era.

Then I also realized that in my 880 hours on Civ 5 there was only one scenario I actually touched, so I have been enjoying myself going through some of those lately. They can actually be a refreshing challenge unlike most single player games now days

I'm addicted to Stardew Valley right now but I'm sure I'll go back and play CiV again. I have about 1200 hours and the games almost always turn out fun for me. Warmongering on Immortal is endlessly fun for me

I stopped playing Civ5 nearly two years ago. Played through a whole series of latest-and-greatest games during that time. Finally encountered a lull before the next latest-and-greatest appears, so I thought I'd fill the void by visiting an old standby. Varied the mod mix some and now I find that I am thoroughly engrossed. Again. Unlike with CBE and Starships.

Maybe when my enthusiasm wanes, I'll go back and revisit Pirates!.

Since BE sucks I still frequently visit Civ V at least once a month usually for a game or two.

Some mods got me interested in checking them out though like the community patch and the Enlightenment era.

Then I also realized that in my 880 hours on Civ 5 there was only one scenario I actually touched, so I have been enjoying myself going through some of those lately. They can actually be a refreshing challenge unlike most single player games now days

I never did buy BE. Now there's so many space 4x games out this year I never will.

Yeah, I'm done. I could play it forever with a few more official tweaks to the game, but those aren't coming. I'm just waiting for VI.

Top Bottom