Egyptian Plans II

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
We're nearly ready for the war on Egypt. Rejavick will complete its' temple next turn, and I'd like it to spend 1 turn on a wall, and then rush that the next turn (or that turn, and skip a few galleon upgrades). Egypt has rifles, so we can't go as fast as we'd like. Here's a timeline:

Preturn - Keep the temple in Rejavick.

Turn 1 - Build a road and rail on the saltpeter tiles by Obedoo. Start a wall in Rejavick. (rush it if you want). Fortify the cav army in the city.

Turn 2 - If the wall hasn't been rushed, rush it now. Keep the infantry and cavs 1 west and north of Obedoo (we don't want Egypt to attack from the closest point to the city). Place cavs on the saltpeter tile, along with an army, and some infantry. Place infantry inside Obedoo.

At some point, declare war on Egypt. Egyptian troops should come flying towards Obedoo - it has iron and saltpeter in its' radius, which the AI values.

After the declaration of war.

First and second turns of the war - A War of Attrition. Since Egypt has rails, we can let them come to us in 1-2 turns. This will not only clear our their units, but give them a healthy dose of war-wariness. Our troops will remain where they are in order to guide the Egyptians to where we want them.

Afterwards, we can continue towards the Egyptian cities, moving our artillery, infantry, and cavs to the hill NNE of Lisht, prepare for, and then attack Edfu next turn, and continue with the rest of the invasion.

Yes, it will be slow, but you can't just rush into a battle with cavs against Riflemen. (6 attack vs. 6 defense). I'd also like for us to continue pumping out artillery.

NOW I have the chance - after many agreements - to disagree with you. ;)

I don't like that we spend huge cash amounts in hurrying library and temple (and as you propose walls) in Rejkavic and still are in severe danger of loosing it.

Here is my point of view:

Rejkavic builds temple next turn. IIRC culture expansion is calculated AFTER builds; thus Rejkavic's culture will expand.

Looking at the sea shows that Abydos is on level 2 culture. Thus Rejkavic's culture will expand also towards Abydos giving us 2 tiles wide territory.

Egypt has no saltpeter hence no cavalry hence cannot attack Rejkavic in 1 turn.

Thus I propose the following:

Preturn: move bunch of cavalry and armies to the Egyptian forrest EE of Rejkavic. Egypt will kick them out towards Rejkavic.

Turn 1: Move army from Abyos back to Rejkavic, move cav bunch SE of Rejkavic.

Turn 2: cav bunch captures Edfu and Lisht, infantry moves in to defend Rejkavic.

Attack with cavalry first (yellow-line), then call in the cavalry armies for the killing. We may loose some cavs, but will capture both cities. And we have plenty of infantry and cavalry to defend the cities vs. attacking knights.

And I would change infantry builds to cavalry, keep Groton on army building, and build the Pentagon for stronger armies.

Cavs stand a 50/50 chance of winning against riflemen, and with the governors record of building cavs, we might as well have 3 cavs in 10 turns!

Is the army in Egyptian territory only to spy?

I support a plan to eliminate Egypt as long as we have an appropriate cavalry and artillery force. They may well be our hardest opposition yet. Overall, CT, I think your plan is a good one.

Once we get Egypt, though, England will be a piece of cake! :D

But then we'll have to prepare for Persia.

yes, the army is there only to spy.

Originally posted by Chieftess
Cavs stand a 50/50 chance of winning against riflemen, and with the governors record of building cavs, we might as well have 3 cavs in 10 turns!
Armies have over 90% chance of winning. If we take off 1 hitpoint with cav first (which might withdraw instead of die), the army has extremely good chances.

And Audiac will build 5 artillery, 3 cavalry, 2 tanks in the next 10 turns. :goodjob:

It's still 6 attack against 6 defense... Maybe I just don't trust my RNG. ;)

Top Bottom