The Ancient Mediterranean Info

Laurino,

if you will put this on my To-Do list, I will make the changes in the XML text.

There are currently only two "vassal state" text

1) Hittite pedia entry

2) diplomatic reply entry

I assumed there would be more. I will leave the Hittite pedia entry as is and change the diplomatic entry. Once the patch containing this is released, I will keep an eye out for more if it triggers them.

I don't know whether this is the place to ask this or not, but here I go. I upgraded TAM for BtS to version .91 and added BUG. It works beautifully except for the diplomacy (not the foreign advisor) screen. The screen comes up whenever I try to contact another civ or whe it contacts me, but there are no buttons to make decisions nor is there anything in the two panels either side of the leader head. So I just can't do any diplomacy. So what's wrong????

jimmygeo

If I understand you correctly, there are no items that can be negotiated for diplo trade when you are on diplo screen dealing with a civ, is that right? I've been using the BUG addon all the time, and I don't have any issues making diplo deals with other civs, so I am not sure what's going on. Did you download the .91 patch F as well? Also, can you do a screenshot of it?

Here's a screenie of the problem.

jimmygeo

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 268
Like the idea of this mod. Downloaded it. Extracted it into mods folder of BTS. Followed instructions; doubleclick on the map in public maps folder. Starts the map, but does not set up the scenario/mod. Tried everything. What am I missing? Wrong folder? I'm well acquainted w/CivII mods/scenarios and Win7 file system isn't that different from 98, but it's not working. WHERE do you extract this mod? Once it's extracted, HOW do you run it? Menu-by-menu is what I need.

Like the idea of this mod. Downloaded it. Extracted it into mods folder of BTS. Followed instructions; doubleclick on the map in public maps folder. Starts the map, but does not set up the scenario/mod. Tried everything. What am I missing? Wrong folder? I'm well acquainted w/CivII mods/scenarios and Win7 file system isn't that different from 98, but it's not working. WHERE do you extract this mod? Once it's extracted, HOW do you run it? Menu-by-menu is what I need.

Peregrine,

Hopefully everything you downloaded is where it is suppose to be. You begin by starting the TAM mod, you should see the load screen, choose custom scenario, the TAM scenario maps should appear as your first selection. I recommend the 24 civs Full Mediterranean map to get the broadest view.

On the off chance you still are having problems, Peregrine, I'll mention that I had the same problem you're having when I somehow put the "PublicMaps" folder filled with TAM maps in the TAM folder itself. I also had the same problem (the TAM mod not loading up) when I had the TAM maps in the PublicMaps folder in BTS. The PublicMap folder for the TAM maps actually has to be in the BTS Mods folder, but as a separate folder, not as a sub-folder in TAM.

I hope that made sense. And I have no idea why it has to be that way. But it does :)

On the off chance you still are having problems, Peregrine, I'll mention that I had the same problem you're having when I somehow put the "PublicMaps" folder filled with TAM maps in the TAM folder itself. I also had the same problem (the TAM mod not loading up) when I had the TAM maps in the PublicMaps folder in BTS. The PublicMap folder for the TAM maps actually has to be in the BTS Mods folder, but as a separate folder, not as a sub-folder in TAM.

I hope that made sense. And I have no idea why it has to be that way. But it does :)

I have the Public Maps in two places, in Beyond the Sword folder and in the TAM mod folder itself. I had forgotten about this duplication that became somewhat necessary quite awhile back.

I thought there were supposed to be a Europe/Mediterranean map following this mod, but it did not come with the download. Could someone please upload the real map?

Top Bottom