About Unhappiness

Warlord
In my last game (as the Kuriotates), I joined the Overcouncil in order to get the diplo bonus with Korinna and Sabathiel. Unfortunately, they just wanted to outlaw mana nodes, and I had to defy the resolution 4-5 times and I got like +15 :mad:. I am not criticizing the Overcouncil. But cities were starving because I had a dozen of unhappy citizens.

I just want to say that people are stupid, they are dying just because they don't want to work, and they don't want to work just because I didn't want to outlaw Death Mana. Like they know anything about Necromancy... And they were all the more stupid when half of them died and it didn't discourage the remaining people.
Since people are dumb, I don't think we should use complicated and expansive ways in order to satisfy them.

That's why I suggest that we should implement the following options:

- "SHUT UP AND GO BACK TO WORK!"
- "Become intelligent."
- "Eat the dumb people." (Calabim)
- "Try new methods of torture."
- "Have everyone drugged."
- "Kill 1 male out of 3."
- "Kill 1 male out of 2."
- "Enslave the unhappy people."
- "Raze the City to make an example for the whole empire."
- "Kill them all and raise Skeletons instead."
- "Kill them all and raise Drowns instead." (Octopus Overlords)
- "Call our most powerful mentalists (ie: mind archmages) to fix this problem."
- "Burn them." (Infernals)
- "Freeze them." (Illians)
- "Allow our herbalists and archmages to try new experiments on them."
- "Have the governor impaled."
- "Have the governor dismembered."
- "Have the governor eviscerated."
- "OMFG!! It's the apocalypse and they fear for their safety?!?" (Sheaim, AC 100, Worldbreak)
- "OMFG!! I am a god and they demand military protection?!?" (Illians, Auric Ascended)

The Overcouncil needs better resolutions.

Just swap civics when one of those mana node things comes up, because the AIs will keep spamming them trying to lock off all of them.

Oh. Well I am :p.

I dunno, unhappiness has two modes: Mildily annoying, when it's like one up, and starving the citizens. To get it into "starving citizens" level you really have to make not just one, but multiple errors.

When you are deciding to follow the overcounsil, it means you want to play "goody. goody".So, none of the options you present can fit a member of the overcounsil.
Can you imagine the reaction of the other counsil members when you choose "Eat them" or "Freeze them"?

Oh. Well I am :p.

I dunno, unhappiness has two modes: Mildily annoying, when it's like one up, and starving the citizens. To get it into "starving citizens" level you really have to make not just one, but multiple errors.

+15 :mad: It's too crowded!
+15 :mad: The world considers you a villain!

With the luxuries, buildings, etc.. I got +22 :)

I made ONE error, but seriously, I didn't know my citizens were that dumb.

When you are deciding to follow the overcounsil, it means you want to play "goody. goody".So, none of the options you present can fit a member of the overcounsil.
Can you imagine the reaction of the other counsil members when you choose "Eat them" or "Freeze them"?

I am NOT criticizing the Overcouncil, it's off-topic. No matter how I got these +15 :mad:... Don't you think a "SHUT UP AND GO BACK TO WORK" option would be nice? And also a "Give me what I want or I'll have you dismembered" option, when your troops are in front of someone's last city and he still refuses to give you his techs...

I am NOT criticizing the Overcouncil, it's off-topic. No matter how I got these +15 :mad:... Don't you think a "SHUT UP AND GO BACK TO WORK" option would be nice?
Order (Religion) with Social Order (Civic) is kinda on par with that attitude.

This isn't about the Overcouncil, just unhappiness. When you see +5 :mad: 'The world considers you a villain' or 'We fear for our safety' when you are about to use Worldbreak, don't you want to impale them in frustration?

Well, it is indeed. I would say that, when a civilization changes alignment, this kind of unhappiness should be cleared. Of, course, I would also say that, when a civ takes an action that changes its alignment, this civ shouldn't be allowed to take another such actions for, at a minimum, 50 turns(Standard time).

There are already enough complications in leaving the overcouncil. 'Oops, now they are not friendly anymore and I did not build many units because nobody wanted to attack me anyway.' But overcouncil makes tower of mastery pretty much impossible. Unless you play Elohim or Malakim and go Empyrean.

I am usually more of an evil guy though, buying slaves is awesome.

A simple solution here, I think.

When a resolution is defied, the happiness penalty could work as follows

Good Civs: as now. +5 :mad:
Neutral Civs: less effect. +2 :mad:
Evil Civs: no effect

Top Bottom