SCENARIO: American Civil War Full-Release Version

Did you enjoy playing this scenario?

• Yes, this is one of the best ever, please send it to Firaxis.

Votes: 62 39.5%
  • Yes, this scenario is well-made.

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Yes, but improvements could be made.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I cannot vote at this time.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • No, I didn't really like it.

Votes: 11 7.0%

• Total voters
Tomorrow (or later tonight) I'll upload a Version 2.13PRE, which will use Rocoteh's possible solution to the Home Guard bug, and it will reduce Engineer Cost to 120, and Slave cost to 80. I think this is a good compromise on such costs, and we can see how those work out. That's a 20% reduction in cost, which I should have applied when I did it for all other units.

I realize there have been several updates in the last week, please keep in mind that all of these have been bug fixes, with other small changes added to each as needed. As stated before, I want the current downloadable version of the scenario to be as bug-free as possible.

I think the A/D values for infantry are right.

They seems to reflect the historical situation.

Important concerning 2.12PRE:

I strongly advise you to not install 2.12PRE.

After several hours uninstalling and installing 2.12PRE
this is clear:

.bic file will only load(with home-guard units) after conversion
to .bix.

Worse: 76% crash have returned with 2.12PRE.

I have spend the whole day bug-hunting.
No result.

The only thing that seems to be certain is that
the bug is connected with unflag "load" for home-guard
units.

I placed 12 new home-guard units with the CIVIII-editor.
All these did show up when loading .bic-file!

I'm about to upload Version 2.12PREa, which hopefully will fix the Home Guard bug. I'm restoring the load flag to Home Guards for now, until I can do the following, in this order: 1) unset the load flag for Home Guard, 2) Delete all existing Home Guards and put down new Home Guards. Since Rocoteh says this seems to work, I'll implement that solution when I get time.

Are other immobile units still showing up?

Alright good. Then hopefully restoring the load flag to Home Guards will enable the scenario to work again without conversion to .bix. I'll try later to do what I suggested above.

Its a very baffling bug...as I don't see what could be causing it. All I changed was the load flag and the unit costs/stats. Even more strange that the other immobile units work as normal. Well, even this partial undoing of the load flag should speed the scenario up some. :)

2.11 should download properly now.

I'm glad that 2.12a works. :)

...no load for 2.11.

...but good news: 2.12a =O.K., And no sign of 76%-crash
again.

I've removed the 2.11 link, since 2.12a now works properly.

Let's hope that the 76% crash stays gone...for good.

I won't be posting much in the next 4 days, because I'll be working a grand total of 34 hours, split between two jobs (including an 11 hour day tomorrow, split-shift). So I hope 2.12a is enough to keep everyone happy until I get more time to work on the scenario.

VERY GOOD NEWS CONCERNING 2.12a:

I have playtested 2.12a 15 turns.
Waiting time between turns is now zero!!!

I have 512MB RAM and 1 200 MHz celeron.

It will be of very great value if you can report
waiting time for 2.12a.

2.12a is one the most important versions of ACW
due to the drastic cut in waiting time between turns.

And 2.12a does have the Home Guards intact? I know when they were gone, the turns were much faster.

Well, when I said I hope 2.12a is enough for now, I meant that I won't be able to get the following done yet:

1) short games for PTW
2) saved games uploaded with units fortified and maps traded
3) civilopedia entries
4) reduced Engineer/Slave costs (these are going to be reduced 20% from the current 150/100, to 120/80), these weren't reduced when other units costs were and should have been

I think either tomorrow night or saturday night I'm going to upload 2.13, which will have #4 included, along with any other fixes or changes that might be needed by then.

Reminder to everyone: 2.12a is a fully playable version, if you have a saved game on this version, it won't be compatible though with future releases.

Originally posted by Rocoteh
2.12a is one the most important versions of ACW
due to the drastic cut in waiting time between turns.

I certainly agree with this statement. Time between turns has been an issue for most people since early beta, and now the problem seems to be solved. Now if we can just cut the loading time down some, we'll be in even better shape.

Average load time for me is about 3 minutes.

Top Bottom