Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

That will happen any time that you have an enemy in sight who is capable of attacking you the next turn and the strongest defender in the stack is healing. Get someone stronger to guard him while healing, or move out of range of retalliation and he will heal without re-command (until a unit moves to place him in danger again).

I could check into making the system ignore enemy units who are in cities though, that one would be reasonable.

I just wanted to provide feedback on this change. It isn't a change I like. In the past I would find a forested hill and set my unit to heal and it would fortify until healed and It would become an active unit again letting me know it was fully healed. Until then It had the extra protection of being fortified from the heal command until it was up and running around again.

Now, when something walks up close it reactivates, IF it was actually fortifying it loses that bonus. Just as a enemy walks up and it needs it the most I have to run or fortify but I only get 1 turn instead of the 3 or 4 it had been sitting there.

To counter this I am now fortify the units I want to heal and hoping I remember to go back to them before they sit there for 40 turns forgotten.

"The barbarian civilization has been destroyed!!!"

Thats the first time I've seen that!!!

..... 25 civs and the AI is only allowed to to be bannor. At that point the game also start to use "random good/neutral/evil leader" as civs.

Ok tried what Vehem suggested for those of you who are also missing the interface when the game loads. See the screenie. That's the message I got :p. Up to you guys now...

Thanks - not sure what's causing that yet, but it gives us a place to start. Main problem at the moment is that there doesn't seem to be anywhere that fireEvent is called in the current FF python...

I am starting to wonder: Are you people having issues with Hyborem not being at peace with the Demons using CivSelector to enable him from the start of the game? Because his peace with the demons is a part of his spawning code when someone researches Infernal Pact to bring him into the world. If you "cheat" to enable him at turn 1, then you have no peace agreement, and your lands pop demons out left and right to remind you of the fact.

I ask this because I just realized that I never remembered to remove his Barbarian Trait, which he is no longer intended to have, and which makes no difference for him when he is spawned properly. But you WOULD see that trait matter if he was spawned as a normal Civilization at turn 1.

That would be it :D

Although, it'd be odd for demon barbs to ever unally him.

One thing I'm seeing I never saw before that I think might be a bug is defending units fleeing out of a city when you attack. The AI continues to pile on the Withdrawal promotions. When I attacked a Clan city almost every Wolf Rider fled outside the city leaving a sole Warrior defender.

I guess they would have normally been killed anyway. I just never saw them flee when they were IN a city.

Also, I am having terrible luck, and I call it luck, with my Great Persons. In every case but one I got the GP with the LOWEST percentage. I always try to plan my cities so they gather only one kind of GP pts. However, it is hard to keep it this way. As a result some pts. for other GPs slip in. But, it is quite frustrating to pop a Great Merchant at 7% when a Great Prophet is 93% and have similar results something like 6 of 7 times. :(

Also, a minor thing. I love the new popups for the Great People, Heroes, etc., but they take up about 1/3 of my screen. I turn on view Friendly/Enemy moves and the popups block a lot of them. Clicking on them doesn't work as there is a delay. Could they be made a bit smaller - along with the left side models of Chariot, Griffons, etc.? Thank you.

Another CTD dump for ya. Turn 9 in a 4 mp player game this time.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.rar
    499.9 KB · Views: 66
Unique lairs, such as the Broken Sepulcher, will not return to being explorable again unless actively worked by a city. Assuming that's a bug...

I just wanted to provide feedback on this change. It isn't a change I like. In the past I would find a forested hill and set my unit to heal and it would fortify until healed and It would become an active unit again letting me know it was fully healed. Until then It had the extra protection of being fortified from the heal command until it was up and running around again.

Now, when something walks up close it reactivates, IF it was actually fortifying it loses that bonus. Just as a enemy walks up and it needs it the most I have to run or fortify but I only get 1 turn instead of the 3 or 4 it had been sitting there.

To counter this I am now fortify the units I want to heal and hoping I remember to go back to them before they sit there for 40 turns forgotten.

You only lose your fortify bonus if you move, not if the unit is awake and takes an order (which doesn't move it).

That would be it :D

Although, it'd be odd for demon barbs to ever unally him.

Well it'd be odd for him to exist in Erebus before the place has "gone to hell" so quit using him on turn 1 :p Him and Basium showing up in the CivSelect is not a sign that we want you to use them.

One thing I'm seeing I never saw before that I think might be a bug is defending units fleeing out of a city when you attack. The AI continues to pile on the Withdrawal promotions. When I attacked a Clan city almost every Wolf Rider fled outside the city leaving a sole Warrior defender.

I guess they would have normally been killed anyway. I just never saw them flee when they were IN a city.

Also, I am having terrible luck, and I call it luck, with my Great Persons. In every case but one I got the GP with the LOWEST percentage. I always try to plan my cities so they gather only one kind of GP pts. However, it is hard to keep it this way. As a result some pts. for other GPs slip in. But, it is quite frustrating to pop a Great Merchant at 7% when a Great Prophet is 93% and have similar results something like 6 of 7 times. :(

Also, a minor thing. I love the new popups for the Great People, Heroes, etc., but they take up about 1/3 of my screen. I turn on view Friendly/Enemy moves and the popups block a lot of them. Clicking on them doesn't work as there is a delay. Could they be made a bit smaller - along with the left side models of Chariot, Griffons, etc.? Thank you.

Unit models shouldn't block help text at all if that is what you refer to. If you just would like them smaller in general, that's another issue I suppose. Can't do much with the size of the popups without some hefty code rewriting. Main reason they got tossed in was that the code was so simple for it.

Units CAN withdraw from within cities now, but they should remain inside the city if they belong to the city owner. If the city belongs to someone else they should leave the city. So if you saw the Clan units retreating from Clan cities, then something isn't working right and it'd be a bug.

"I fell down into a burning ring of fire. I went down down down and the amount of bugs went higher."

Attachments

• ffpython3.JPG
    ffpython3.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 135
After completing Dowsing, the game crashed for me and my two other MP players.

Upon reloading the save from the turn Dowsing completed, OOS. It's a shame because I really like the idea, and it works fine for me in SP.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but (playing as Scions) if I research KotE to unshackle Korinna, then research Bronze Working and upgrade her to the Red Lady, she gets the shackled promotion again after upgrading and I can't get rid of it - only solution seems to be Bronze Working first to upgrade her before the unshackling.

Unit models shouldn't block help text at all if that is what you refer to. If you just would like them smaller in general, that's another issue I suppose. Can't do much with the size of the popups without some hefty code rewriting. Main reason they got tossed in was that the code was so simple for it.
I believe Sarisin was referring to the opposite problem, that the pop-ups are blocking the unit models (and thus obscuring important information on what other players have done.) Making them smaller isn't really necessary, but it would be nice if there was a way to make them wait to appear until your turn starts.

Units CAN withdraw from within cities now, but they should remain inside the city if they belong to the city owner. If the city belongs to someone else they should leave the city. So if you saw the Clan units retreating from Clan cities, then something isn't working right and it'd be a bug.
I spotted this against the Ljosalfar a while ago, didn't remember about it until now. They mostly had Recon units retreating from their cities, but the occasional warrior or archer left too (It was Amelanchier, so they all had a withdrawal chance)

Another one

Attachments

• ffpython4.JPG
    ffpython4.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 76
I believe Sarisin was referring to the opposite problem, that the pop-ups are blocking the unit models (and thus obscuring important information on what other players have done.) Making them smaller isn't really necessary, but it would be nice if there was a way to make them wait to appear until your turn starts.

I spotted this against the Ljosalfar a while ago, didn't remember about it until now. They mostly had Recon units retreating from their cities, but the occasional warrior or archer left too (It was Amelanchier, so they all had a withdrawal chance)

Sorry, I wasn't clear with my post.

The first thing is the GP, Hero, etc. popups. These are quite enjoyable, fun to read, etc. (at least the first time you see them ;)), but they do come during the movements of units and you cannot do anything about it. As FW said, would it be possible to either have them come, then allow you to quickly exit so you can see the movement of units OR just have them come AFTER the movement of units.

The second thing was the unit model on the lower left of the screen. This has been a problem in FFH as well as a few of the models, like Chariots, Griffons, etc. are just too large and obscure health, etc. You have to twist and turn them to see anything. This is painful if you have a stack of damaged Chariots for example. I was wondering if the model could be reduced in size to the same size as all the other models.

Yes, it is a bug on units fleeing from a city under attack. I was at war with Jonas Endain and the Clan Wolf Riders were fleeing out of the city after being attacked while I took it.

The speed of the turns is not bad, provided I do not select Barbarian world as an option.

When I play, I don't run into any errors (yet?) except when I load a saved game(from a manual or auto save). If I do that I get all sorts of errors. The errors vary but usually I get a CtD. Sometimes the crash is immediately upon loading and sometimes it is after I end my turn.

FF is not exactly a game you're likely to play in a single setting and obviously others aren't having the same problem so I am perplexed.

Playing with patch B and I switched to the new dll to see if that helped - which it didn't.

...Korinna, ... she gets the shackled promotion again after upgrading and I can't get rid of it

Doh, thanks. Thought I'd fixed it but Korinna-the-Red-isn't-Undead hasn't quite sunk in yet. Give it another couple of version numbers.
Bug should be gone in the next patch, along with the startwar errors.

I just wanted to give you a reminder about being unable to build adepts with the Archos because of the none weirdness. I didn't see it listed in the front page.

Can you please tell me if there is a way to get around that MAF I have posted a save game for?
I cannot get around it any way I know of, So if it is not possible I will have to start a new game...Again.

Top Bottom