Fall Further Wiki

Vehem

Modmod Monkey
For information on Fall Further specific features or changes - you can check the Fall Further Wiki here.

This resource has been compiled by the community and is a constant work in progress (as is Fall Further). If you want to contribute - please feel very free to do so. The work done on it so far is much appreciated and is sure to be valuable to other players and especially to newcomers.

--Wrong thread

Hey Vehem, could you possibly fill in the Ranged Attacks section? Or at least put the formulae in there, and we can clean it up.

Generally, it would be good to know the exact formula that determines ranged attack damage.

Probabaly a simple explanation at the top and all the real nitty-gritty information in the actual file.

It would be nice if someone who knows more about the formatting and such, could do a page for a unit.

Just so that I can copy it as a template for others.
I was going to do pages for Centeni and Honored Band, but I realised I didn't know how the sidebar should be setup, and such things.

I'm thinking, for each unit, we need
Civilization (Generic, for things like Warrior)
Portrait
Model picture
Requirements
:hammers:Cost
Combat Strength
Movement
Starting promotions
Ranged combat strength and damage limit (where applicable)
and a "Special properties" field, for things like "Causes collateral damage", or "x% chance to create a reborn from combat"

I know absolutely nothing about making/editing wiki pages but could you remove the Unit: part from the Honored Band? Causing the unit to be alphabetized under U instead of H.

edit: maybe I should learn how to do that stuff.
edit2: nevermind, figured it out...I might do some wiki work as I learn how to do it. I apologize in advance for anything I may break.

Hey Vehem, could you possibly fill in the Ranged Attacks section? Or at least put the formulae in there, and we can clean it up.

Generally, it would be good to know the exact formula that determines ranged attack damage.

I've dropped the formula in - haven't got time to do much with it at the moment but hopefully it'll give something to work with. It's a much simpler formula than it has been at other times.

I set up a quick form for the Honored Band... Filled in some information, left most of it blank. Let me know if there are any other sections you want in it.

Yes, one more section. Unit Model

Portrait, would generally be the unit's button/icon. Model would be a picture of how it actually looks ingame.

Also, I'm thinking that the abilities like "+10% city attack" should go in the bottom section, rather than the promotions section.

I filled in a little strategy info about honored band

Oh, also, I think the Requirements part needs subcategories, where applicable

Techs
Civics
Religions

etc.
Currently, the requirements for Honored Band are listed as:

Bronze Working
Barracks

It wouldn't be entirely unreasonable for an inexperienced player to deduce from that, that there's a Technology called Barracks

looks good WarKirby. could add the replaces line at the top where it says axeman

And we need somewhere in the sidebar to put something like "Replaces Axeman"

Any ideas where that would look best?

It actually says the unit type at the top, followed by the actual name of the unit. ;)

If you want the model and the icon, I'd put a small version of the icon next to it's name rather than in it's own section, personally.

For the multiple requirements, just but in a
Code:
*<b>Technology</b>:
**[[Technology:Bronze Working|Bronze Working]]
*<b>Building</b>:
**[[Building:Barracks|Barracks]]
It will but the header in bold, and then the requirement will be indented below that, with a link to it's page. This way it's still all in Requirements, but easily readable.

in the stats part of the unit for strength, should we leave it at base stats or apply the starting promotions to that. misleading to a new player that looks at those stats and doesn't bother to see what the promotions do

One other thing... At the end of side panel code, BEFORE the information text, make sure you have a |} rather than |- or the info text will fill in above the panel.

Edit: I'm removing the Unit: tag before the links. Leave it on for the promotions and abilities, unless you plan to make a section for them as well.

You shouldn't need to state what type of requirement each of the Prereqs are, as long as they link to a page the reader can figure it out by clicking (or just hovering and seeing that it states the link is a link to "Building:Barracks")

Top Bottom