Fallout: Tame The Wastes

Yes, I think also a lot of maps and mods already have this 'start balancing' implemented, so you don't see the same massive difference that can happen in FTTW, because it smoothes out those most drastic cases.

This has been an element that I have wanted to have in the mod for a long time, we just need someone that can do it, and I have every faith that one day we will have it.

For the longest time I wanted a 'close start' mapscript, but never thought it would happen, and now we have it! Hooray! :D

It is actually this new mapscript that has made the issue worse, because the script values being close to another civ over any other considerations, so it doesn't care so much where it is as long as it is close to other civs.

The Next goal for maps is to add in some code after it has placed the start location, that like I said adjust the tiles around the location to make it tolerable, making it better or worse to average everything out!

For now we are stuck with restarting to get an acceptable start.

It may only take one, you are talking about random numbers.

I don't think I have ever experienced a bad start when using a huge map.

However with the new mapscript, it may be more likely as the starting 'area' will be much smaller, as the map is trying to put everyone together, so finding 8? close good starting plots is much harder, and 1 or two may get a dudd, and 1 or 2 may get flung elsewhere on the map.

Since finding out that the economy code I spent ages implementing doesn't actually work in the current build I haven't gone back to playing, I am just waiting for archid to finish his work with his new build

I will start fresh, I will copy a lot of stuff across, but I think when we release Alpha5 aka The Archid Build!

Everything that has been discussed previously will be 'obselete' and we can start fresh discussions and content working from the A5 Experience onwards.

@Night

Yes night come into the Vault where it is safe... why not have a nice bath in that large Vat of Green... Cleanser...

It is time to embrace your Destiny! Destiny!!

Alpha5 Patch1 Released.

FTTW Forum

Contains:
A few major bug fixes:
Super Mutant Machine Gunner no longer available to Non-SM Factions.
New Frontiers Tech Missing Quote.
Road Price is Wrong, Paved Road Price Wrong, Watermill Costs Nothing
Buildings are not properly disabled by Civics.
Some Units not buildable.
CTD crash. It was after a 'chunk' of AI autoplay.
(All should be fixed)

Some fairly large changes to improvements:
Wind/Watermills, quarries, workshops now much more important for early development.
2 New dens so that all monsters now have a den.
ExtraPillage content incresed (pillaging should be much more valuable now)
Process Changes:
Many more processes that unlock in smaller increments throughout the game, 100% wealth removed.
Major Price Increases:
Buildings and units now take much more time to build. (may have gone too far the other way now. playtest/feedback needed.)
Story Event:
Hopefully later parts of the story will be more likely to occur now.
AI Tweaks:
Hopefully the AI will be a bit better at expanding now.
Some New Button Art:
Resources and 'Culture/Safety' buttons.
Barbarian Tweak:
Removed some units from the Barbarian Roster, so they should be a bit less devastating.

And that's about it.

To install:
Unzip, place the 'assets' folder inside the mod install folder and replace as requested.

You know... you just reminded me of a major cock up on my part...

I forgot to download the compiler software (the name is gone.. No wait Visual Studio! is that right?) to compile a release version of the .dll

I just put up an apology on moddb and will get that fixed!

As I still don't really know how to use git still (or whatever the site we are using now is called... my brain is hurting right now) I haven't added any changelog stuff (adding tickets is as qualified as I have got so far.)

What I can say is everything I have done is xml based (except the 2 map scripts). I have not touched python or sdk in ages, so all sdk/python changes should be logged (they were done by archid and you so..)

At the moment the git site does not have the latest XML changes that I have made, I need someone like archid to just do a quick update/merge/comparison of the xmls to bring all the entries/files up to date.

The .dll on the site should be up to date and fully documented.

I had a running 'patch' folder that I put every file I worked on into so that I would have a comprehensive 'collection' of the files so we could make a comparison with the current .git files and then make a detailed change log. This is currently on a disconnected harddrive (I thought I had moved it but apparently not...) So I can't make it or ask some one to help me make it at the moment.

That will be coming in the following days/weeks though.

There is a 'Highlights' of what is new in the Moddb download section. I still need to make a more detailed collection for a changelog. after 3 months of fiddling I don't even remember everything I fiddled with!!)

Like I said, from an sdk/python side very little has changed in a while, I think archid adding his new dyntraits build is about the last thing. It is just me adding/tweaking/fixing things in the xml entries. This expands improves the game in a big way (I hope) but from a coding side of things was actually very little.

Top Bottom