Barbarian ranged units are lame

Kruniac

Chieftain
Because bombarding isn't a "turn ending action", I have 390482304 goblin archers shooting my cities AND healing every turn. They have massive defense bonuses on hills/forests, and generally are overpowered.

Fix it. When a ranger unit uses their bombard action, it should prevent them from healing, just like a melee unit.

In the meantime, I'm setting all barbarian ranged units to 0.1 strength. Emergency fix.

Absolutely ridiculous when 5 goblin archers mass and tear a city to pieces. They won't even raze or move - just stand there and bombard with nothing to show for it. I'm not having it.

So you know, this mod hasn't been updated for about... 5 years? You may want to consider one of the other modmods.

Is any of them still being worked on? I thought this whole section was dead.

RifE is being contined as Ashes of Erebus, Tholal is still commited to More Naval AI, and Esvavth is doing a thing with Master of Mana.

I newer really cared about Orbis and MoM. But RifE still exists? Where? I can't find it anywhere.

Also, I remember you! It's been ages.

This is essentially RifE, but with fewer bugs than the latest official version.

Also, hiii PPQ. How've you been?

Thanks for the link. I'll definitively look it up. How stable is it? I seem to remember the original RifE being very unstable at times and basically running into memory allocation faults all day. Has that changed? That's part of the reason why I gave up on the module I had going

And I've been fine. Life has just been busy. That and with Civ 5 coming out and me wanting absolutely no part of it I saw the modding community migrating to a game I don't play. And that in turn drove me away.

I've never actually played Ashes, so I can't really comment on it. I haven't played Civ4 or any mods for it in years. Hasn't stopped me from checking this forum pretty much every day, but there you go.

Mm. I bought Civ V in expectation of E'iten, the RifE team's new mod. And then that never happened. C'est la vie.

A_Moon : did you try Ea (for civ 5 )?
I'm currently thinking about buying civ5 just to play Ea or the other C5 fantasy mods...

Nope.

Out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in trying the old module I was working in in RiFE? I fired the old modding forge up again and I actually had the mod worked out quite far. So I might be able to release it soon enough for AoE.

Ooo, there are people here! I was curious.

I tried "Endless Legend" recently. At first I thought it awesome. Pretty soon, however, I concluded that there wasn't enough game under all the attractive innovations. Good concept, not so good execution of the nitty gritty. I tried Civ4 again and was blown away by all the interesting decisions to make compared to the newer title. At least once you add some mods.

Top Bottom