AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

# Total production 15.95 differs from 18 shown next to the bar
You have a 2:hammers: overflow: 15.95+2=17.95 =18

# Where come -20% hammers for military units come from? I have switched to slavery and prophets only
Some building?
# Cannot build Ceremonial Altar. Does it have a special requisite? Due civopedia it replaces Fire Pit which i have build already
Have you built a temple already? Than you cannot build CA.

No temple. Even in a city without new building shrine, i cannot build it and it is not shown in building-/unitselection overview at all

The only conditions for building a CA are Sacrifice and Priesthood. Do you have both techs? (CA is classified as a SPECIALBUILDING_TEMPLE, so it also requires Priesthood.) If you do, I recommend posting a save so we can look.

In the latest rev. Im getting India´s fast workers when i get slaves from any battles. Too often btw, does anyone feels it should work with a lower rate? workers almost missed importance now when building units, its easy to get enough of them in your first war...

In the latest rev. Im getting India´s fast workers when i get slaves from any battles. Too often btw, does anyone feels it should work with a lower rate? workers almost missed importance now when building units, its easy to get enough of them in your first war...

Reported this as well. Not sure what's causing it, but I highly doubt it's India being involved since it's gone down in 100% my territory in the opening 50 turns of the game against barbarians (And India being a one city civ hundreds of miles away). And there are indeed too many slaves being captured. Just a few border skirmishes or wandering barbs is enough to last you for years, or net you several hundred gold (Or thousands, if you bribe the AI with those cheap workers) :crazyeye:

About Guilds, I wonder if we should make them obsolete a bit faster. Having the Clerks guild around up to Computers looks a bit odd to me. I think all Guilds should go obsolete in late renaissance or early industrial. What do you think Vokarya?

45°38'N-13°47'E;14291374 said:
About Guilds, I wonder if we should make them obsolete a bit faster. Having the Clerks guild around up to Computers looks a bit odd to me. I think all Guilds should go obsolete in late renaissance or early industrial. What do you think Vokarya?

I think Assembly Line would be the best point. I'd like to have the guilds stick around until corporations start to replace them. The first corporations are Mining Inc (Explosives) and Sid's Sushi (Medicine/Screw Propeller), which both show up fairly close to Assembly Line. There might be a small gap, but that would work.

Just had a bit of an odd experience. There was a Farm on top of a Banana resource, so I sent some workers over to replace it with a Plantation (The AI had put the farm there before I took and razed their city controlling it)

However, once they got there there was no option to build a Plantation. Since they couldn't replace the Farm present, I had a nearby crossbow pillage it and immediately after forcibly removing the Farm the option to build a Plantation showed up.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't let me do so. I don't have "Hide Unavailable Worker Actions" or "Hide Obsolete Worker Actions" checked, so I don't think those options have anything to do with it.

Just had a bit of an odd experience. There was a Farm on top of a Banana resource, so I sent some workers over to replace it with a Plantation (The AI had put the farm there before I took and razed their city controlling it)

However, once they got there there was no option to build a Plantation. Since they couldn't replace the Farm present, I had a nearby crossbow pillage it and immediately after forcibly removing the Farm the option to build a Plantation showed up.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't let me do so. I don't have "Hide Unavailable Worker Actions" or "Hide Obsolete Worker Actions" checked, so I don't think those options have anything to do with it.

I saw that too. I think it might have something to do with the Dome Farm.

It was mentioned that there was a trade bug when it came to resource deals, like my Horse resource 'vanishing' and the deal being unable to be canceled..... Does this extend to Open Border agreements as well?

I was at war with Finland and just signed peace after taking their capital but he's still got military units walking around in my borders several turns later. We had an Open Borders agreement years back when an Apostolic Palace voting had us all declare on India and after which he was willing to sign an agreement, but that was canceled when he declared war on me earlier - yet his units can still pass through my borders and walk around just fine? :confused:

I guess we've got an unwritten borders agreement going on here :lol:

In the game I am playing, I had a Crusader bypassing Open Borders without declaring war, but none of my other units could.

In the game I am playing, I had a Crusader bypassing Open Borders without declaring war, but none of my other units could.

Interesting. The units that he had been carting through my borders were an Explorer, some Battering Rams, and some swords (I think a few Swordsmen and one Heavy Sword).

Hi,

after the update, i got some Errors while i start the game. It looks like that there are problems with the Mega-Pack, because without it, there are no errors.

Tag: Tech_realism in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is:
modules\custom_civilizations_mcp\argentinia\dancestudio\danceStudio_civ4BuildingInfos.xml

Also there are Errors for:
Burma\Paya
Champa\Menara
Georgia\Senaki
Italy\Carnevale
Lombards\Cloister
Malagasy\Salegy
Mycenae\Megaron
Nigeria\JuJuHall
Tibet\Chorten
Uyghur\GRapeArbor
WestIndies\CricketGround

And modules\Custom_Civilizations_MCP\Colombia\Colombia_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml

So the most ones for Buildings...

Greetings,
Mercury

Hi,

after the update, i got some Errors while i start the game. It looks like that there are problems with the Mega-Pack, because without it, there are no errors.

Tag: Tech_realism in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is:
modules\custom_civilizations_mcp\argentinia\dancestudio\danceStudio_civ4BuildingInfos.xml

Also there are Errors for:
Burma\Paya
Champa\Menara
Georgia\Senaki
Italy\Carnevale
Lombards\Cloister
Malagasy\Salegy
Mycenae\Megaron
Nigeria\JuJuHall
Tibet\Chorten
Uyghur\GRapeArbor
WestIndies\CricketGround

And modules\Custom_Civilizations_MCP\Colombia\Colombia_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml

So the most ones for Buildings...

Greetings,
Mercury

You downloaded Zeta Nexus' hotfix, right?

# Where come -20% hammers for military units come from? I have switched to slavery and prophets only

Hello, the -20% come from the Carpenter!
I looked it up in the XML, it actually works by providing a +20% production YieldModifier while also having a -20% MilitaryProductionModifier, thus 'leaving behind' the bonus for buildings only.

But there is more, the whole calculation definitely has some serious issues:

At first glance this doesn't look so bad, Total Production rounded down is the same as the value next to the bar.
But 17 * (1+0.5+0.45-0.45) = 17 * 1.5 = 25.5 isn't anywhere near 33.15!
The only way to get to 33.15 is to ignore the -45% for military units: 17 * 1.95 = 33.15

So lets take a look at the next picture, btw the city has a Forge (+15%:hammers:), Slave Market (+15%:hammers:) and Carpenter (+20%:hammers:,-20% for military units)
and I run Republic (+25%:hammers:, +50% for military units), Bureaucracy (+10%:hammers:), Slavery (+10%:hammers:) and Pacifism (-75% for military units):

After adding the Armourer (+20% for Land Units) neither the Total Production, nor the 'Bar Production' changed!
According to the 'preview' from the first picture it should at least have provided us with 1 additional :hammers:, 3 even by calculating 17 * (1+0.5+0.45+0.2-0.45) = 17 * 1.7 = 28.9!
Once again, ignoring the modifiers below Total Production will yield the result the game provides us with.

Coming to my last picture:

Instead of the Armourer I now added a Siege Weapons Workshop and it finally adds up, at least for the 'Bar Production': 17 * (1+0.5+0.45+1-0.45) = 17 * 2.5 = 42.5
So as soon as the summed unit production modifiers stop being negative, the Bar Production starts to change and match the calculated value.
(But Total Production only ever seems to calculate Base Production times the sum of the upper modifiers)

I tested it some more but I'll cut this short, so I'm certain the game ignores the modifiers below Total Production if their sum is negative, thus letting the carpenter building line increase unit production under certain conditions or what I feel is even more serious enabling you to completely work around Pacifism's huge unit production penalty!

You have a 2:hammers: overflow: 15.95+2=17.95 =18

The overflow is actually added to the Base Production before any modifiers (at least for the Bar Production), the final value is then truncated to zero decimal places:
(11+2)*(1+0.2+0.25+0[because -0.2 < 0]) = 13*1.45 = 18.85 => 18:hammers:

You'll get Total Production (which is totally useless and confusing in its current form imho) by multiplying BaseProduction with the summed UpperModifiers like this:
11*(1+0.2+0.25) = 11*1.45 = 15.95

Spoiler formulas used, deduced by lots of testing :

Total Production = BaseProduction*(100+UpperModifiers)/100
Bar Production = floor((BaseProduction+OverflowProduction)*(100+UpperModifiers+LowerModifiers)/100) | LowerModifiers set to 0 if negative

With
Total Production = just a confusing value in the mouseover
Bar Production = or Real Production, the value that actually matters
BaseProduction = provided by the game (sum of all your :hammers: sources for that city)
OverflowProduction = provided by the game, overflow :hammers: from previous build
UpperModifiers = sum of all %:hammers: modifiers above Total Production in the mouseover (effects every build)
LowerModifiers = sum of all %:hammers: modifiers below Total Production in the mouseover, set to 0 if negative (effects units, unit categories and more)

Sorry for the long post, I hope it was more or less coherent :D

Hello, the -20% come from the Carpenter!
I looked it up in the XML, it actually works by providing a +20% production YieldModifier while also having a -20% MilitaryProductionModifier, thus 'leaving behind' the bonus for buildings only.

But there is more, the whole calculation definitely has some serious issues:

At first glance this doesn't look so bad, Total Production rounded down is the same as the value next to the bar.
But 17 * (1+0.5+0.45-0.45) = 17 * 1.5 = 25.5 isn't anywhere near 33.15!
The only way to get to 33.15 is to ignore the -45% for military units: 17 * 1.95 = 33.15

So lets take a look at the next picture, btw the city has a Forge (+15%:hammers:), Slave Market (+15%:hammers:) and Carpenter (+20%:hammers:,-20% for military units)
and I run Republic (+25%:hammers:, +50% for military units), Bureaucracy (+10%:hammers:), Slavery (+10%:hammers:) and Pacifism (-75% for military units):

After adding the Armourer (+20% for Land Units) neither the Total Production, nor the 'Bar Production' changed!
According to the 'preview' from the first picture it should at least have provided us with 1 additional :hammers:, 3 even by calculating 17 * (1+0.5+0.45+0.2-0.45) = 17 * 1.7 = 28.9!
Once again, ignoring the modifiers below Total Production will yield the result the game provides us with.

Coming to my last picture:

Instead of the Armourer I now added a Siege Weapons Workshop and it finally adds up, at least for the 'Bar Production': 17 * (1+0.5+0.45+1-0.45) = 17 * 2.5 = 42.5
So as soon as the summed unit production modifiers stop being negative, the Bar Production starts to change and match the calculated value.
(But Total Production only ever seems to calculate Base Production times the sum of the upper modifiers)

I tested it some more but I'll cut this short, so I'm certain the game ignores the modifiers below Total Production if their sum is negative, thus letting the carpenter building line increase unit production under certain conditions or what I feel is even more serious enabling you to completely work around Pacifism's huge unit production penalty!

The overflow is actually added to the Base Production before any modifiers (at least for the Bar Production), the final value is then truncated to zero decimal places:
(11+2)*(1+0.2+0.25+0[because -0.2 < 0]) = 13*1.45 = 18.85 => 18:hammers:

You'll get Total Production (which is totally useless and confusing in its current form imho) by multiplying BaseProduction with the summed UpperModifiers like this:
11*(1+0.2+0.25) = 11*1.45 = 15.95

Spoiler formulas used, deduced by lots of testing :

Total Production = BaseProduction*(100+UpperModifiers)/100
Bar Production = floor((BaseProduction+OverflowProduction)*(100+UpperModifiers+LowerModifiers)/100) | LowerModifiers set to 0 if negative

With
Total Production = just a confusing value in the mouseover
Bar Production = or Real Production, the value that actually matters
BaseProduction = provided by the game (sum of all your :hammers: sources for that city)
OverflowProduction = provided by the game, overflow :hammers: from previous build
UpperModifiers = sum of all %:hammers: modifiers above Total Production in the mouseover (effects every build)
LowerModifiers = sum of all %:hammers: modifiers below Total Production in the mouseover, set to 0 if negative (effects units, unit categories and more)

Sorry for the long post, I hope it was more or less coherent :D

I'm pretty sure everything was working but I'll check again when I get back to my pc hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Top Bottom