AND SVN Build Thread

Thanks for that, it drove me crazy trying to track down an enemy submarine.
Saved games from a previous SVN work if I install the new SVN version?

Yes they will work. The game, once it loads up the save and you get to the Main screen, will have a popup asking if you want to Re-Calculate the Modifier's due to changes in Assets or DLL. Your choice of course, but it's Recommended to click Yes and let the modifiers reset to the new values.

JosEPh

Small update, rev607, to fix some events text in xml.
Also rem out code lines in gameoptioninfos.xml in order not to display Divine Prophets option (DP is not working properly, was partially/incorrectly imported from C2C in AND2beta2), which should have been hidden already by default but was incorrectly being displayed if players were loading the latest revision after playing with AND2beta2 or C2C mod without clearing the cache. Also changed "Parliament" to "Senate" in UN Resolution "Adopt Parliament" as Parliament was changed with Senate in Civics a long time ago.

Rev 609

• Removed again Divine Prophets from DLL and Gameoptions (this will solve the bug of DP option being showed when the player doesn't clear the cache after a game with C2C or previous AND versions)
  • Updated Culture Level score to balance the game; also score for Legendary Cities in Mastery Victory is 20 (was 30, too unbalanced for AND), compiled dll and updated sources.
  • Updated upgrade path for Cruiser/Heavy Cruiser/Missile Cruiser/Littoral Combat Ship (there was a double Missile Cruiser / Aegis Cruiser); merged MC & Aegis

Did you guys switch repos or change the installer mechanism? If not, my nightly builds should still work. At least the script is still running. :p

my religions seem to be turned off at launch is there a reason for this? If not how do I turn them back on.

my religions seem to be turned off at launch is there a reason for this? If not how do I turn them back on.

Which version are you using? If it's AND2 beta2, clear the cache and restart the game, it's a known bug of the old version which can be solved this way.
If you're using the latest SVN revision (609), you shouldn't have any problem.

Did you guys switch repos or change the installer mechanism? If not, my nightly builds should still work. At least the script is still running. :p

Hi Mantriur, we haven't changed anything about repos or installer. To tell the truth, the latest revisions don't have an installer. To tell the truth, I've never used then nightly builds before so I don't know how it works. Can you please explain?

45°38'N-13°47'E;12180341 said:
Hi Mantriur, we haven't changed anything about repos or installer. To tell the truth, the latest revisions don't have an installer. To tell the truth, I've never used then nightly builds before so I don't know how it works. Can you please explain?

Just installed the latest build, seems to work.

All it is is a scripted svn update and an exe build with the installhammer script inside the repo. It runs once day. I agree that incremental svn updates are better, but not everyone can or wants to mess with subversion.

I'm not entirely sure how that whole install script stuff for installhammer works - I think it just grabs the whole mod directory, packs it up, and unpacks it upon installation. Since the script is in the repo, you have control over it. It does force some variables, because this script hadn't been updated in aeons and I don't have write access to the repo. It sets the version to 2.0 and adds the current build date.

Code:
svn up rand

cd installjammer

INSTALLVERSION=`/bin/date +%y%m%d`

./installjammer -DInstallVersion 1.0.0.0 \
-DVersion "2.0 svn $INSTALLVERSION" \
-DPackageRelease "2.0 svn $INSTALLVERSION" \
-DPackageSummary "2.0 svn $INSTALLVERSION" \
-DPackageVersion "2.0 svn $INSTALLVERSION" \
-DAppName "Civ4 - RoM - A new Dawn" \
--platform Windows \
--build ../rand/A\ New\ Dawn\ Install\ Script

Since it's build on a linux server, it should also always be virus free.

I thought I was using 609 and says the cache doesn't exist

Have you downloaded it via Tortoise SVN? If so, you should have the latest revision and I need to check again Divine Prophets... :mad:

Rev 610

• Fixed Loyalty Promotion for Praetorians (was Loyal Promotion, which is a Spy Promotion)
  • Fixed a CTD caused by units being killed, updated sources and DLL; also updated text message when a ship is sunk with units onboard

Just installed the latest build, seems to work.

All it is is a scripted svn update and an exe build with the installhammer script inside the repo. It runs once day. I agree that incremental svn updates are better, but not everyone can or wants to mess with subversion.

I'm not entirely sure how that whole install script stuff for installhammer works - I think it just grabs the whole mod directory, packs it up, and unpacks it upon installation. Since the script is in the repo, you have control over it. It does force some variables, because this script hadn't been updated in aeons and I don't have write access to the repo. It sets the version to 2.0 and adds the current build date.

Code:
svn up rand

cd installjammer

INSTALLVERSION=`/bin/date +%y%m%d`

./installjammer -DInstallVersion 1.0.0.0 \
-DVersion "2.0 svn $INSTALLVERSION" \
-DPackageRelease "2.0 svn $INSTALLVERSION" \
-DPackageSummary "2.0 svn $INSTALLVERSION" \
-DPackageVersion "2.0 svn $INSTALLVERSION" \
-DAppName "Civ4 - RoM - A new Dawn" \
--platform Windows \
--build ../rand/A\ New\ Dawn\ Install\ Script

Since it's build on a linux server, it should also always be virus free.

Thank you Mantriur, now I understand. I'll update the first post in this thread accordingly. But in the repo there's no script like the one you've mentioned above. There are a couple of scripts which are longer and older (they're from ver 1.75 looking at the file names).

45°38'N-13°47'E;12181075 said:
Thank you Mantriur, now I understand. I'll update the first post in this thread accordingly. But in the repo there's no script like the one you've mentioned above. There are a couple of scripts which are longer and older (they're from ver 1.75 looking at the file names).

Code:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  92K Aug 10 07:00 A New Dawn Install Script

Top directory of the trunk. :) Outdated, no question, but it works. :)

Edit: Or did you mean the shell script that does the builds? No, that's not inside the SVN, just the installhammer script.

TortoiseSVN says when I try to export the files: " request a username or password"

Whats that?

* Done. It was my fault. :)

Couple of technical fixes/suggestions that are worth considering. These are typical tweaks I make to my copy of SVN export that have improved speed, performance, or gameplay:

• Removing Clouds from Strategy view. Seems to take up a lot of processing/graphics power for something I find annoying. The below mod replaces the clouds.dds file with something that is transparent.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17239
    I also make the following tweaks to GlobalDefines.xml
    Render_Globeview_Clouds 1 -> 0
    And in Civ4DetailManager.xml
    DF_Sky; change first Key to 6000, 0.00, and the second key to 6400, 0.0
  • Change Min_City distance when playing with "larger cities" mod on: If the mod to use the 3 tile radius is on (which I like), I change the min_city_range in the Global Defines from 2 -> 3. Maybe there is a way to make this automatic if someone is using the Larger Cities option?
  • Brought back the Static Leaderheads mod. I have a pretty high-end rig (i7 extreme 6-core OC'd to 4.5Ghz, 12GB Ram, Radeon HD 6950 2gb) and even then, it sometimes "stutters" when loading a civ negotiation. I've noticed when I found and re-installed the static leaderhead mod (and turned it on), the civs with static leaderheads load smoothly, but the ones that are animated still stutter a bit. The only downside is that there's only ~34 leaders it replaces, so not all of the ones in the current version.

Hopefully these are a few ideas that might prove helpful? Thanks again for all the work and fixes in resurrecting AND!

45°38'N-13°47'E;12180472 said:
Rev 610

• Fixed Loyalty Promotion for Praetorians (was Loyal Promotion, which is a Spy Promotion)
  • Fixed a CTD caused by units being killed, updated sources and DLL; also updated text message when a ship is sunk with units onboard

Error popping up at startup on v610:

Failed loading XML file xml\GameInfo/Civ4CulturalAgeInfos.xml
Reason; The element Civ4CulturalAgeInfos is used but not declared in the DTD Schema

Error popping up at startup on v610:

Failed loading XML file xml\GameInfo/Civ4CulturalAgeInfos.xml
Reason; The element Civ4CulturalAgeInfos is used but not declared in the DTD Schema

Clear the cache and restart the game.

Couple of technical fixes/suggestions that are worth considering. These are typical tweaks I make to my copy of SVN export that have improved speed, performance, or gameplay:

• Removing Clouds from Strategy view. Seems to take up a lot of processing/graphics power for something I find annoying. The below mod replaces the clouds.dds file with something that is transparent.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17239
    I also make the following tweaks to GlobalDefines.xml
    Render_Globeview_Clouds 1 -> 0
    And in Civ4DetailManager.xml
    DF_Sky; change first Key to 6000, 0.00, and the second key to 6400, 0.0
  • Change Min_City distance when playing with "larger cities" mod on: If the mod to use the 3 tile radius is on (which I like), I change the min_city_range in the Global Defines from 2 -> 3. Maybe there is a way to make this automatic if someone is using the Larger Cities option?
  • Brought back the Static Leaderheads mod. I have a pretty high-end rig (i7 extreme 6-core OC'd to 4.5Ghz, 12GB Ram, Radeon HD 6950 2gb) and even then, it sometimes "stutters" when loading a civ negotiation. I've noticed when I found and re-installed the static leaderhead mod (and turned it on), the civs with static leaderheads load smoothly, but the ones that are animated still stutter a bit. The only downside is that there's only ~34 leaders it replaces, so not all of the ones in the current version.

Hopefully these are a few ideas that might prove helpful? Thanks again for all the work and fixes in resurrecting AND!

People could like clouds, I'm not willing to remove them to tell the truth. But if it's enough to change a couple of values in xml, that can be done by the each player. I'm planning to make a guide on how to tweak this kind of things, since adding more options could not be worth it.
About Larger Cities you might be right, I'll do some tests.
About Leaderheads, I've never had any problem of stuttering. Could it be something in your rig? I have a pretty old rig now (3-4 years ago) and I don't have any stuttering. Static leaderheads mod is something more that should be installed by each player who wants to use it. AFAIK most of the players prefer standard LH.

45°38'N-13°47'E;12197178 said:
People could like clouds, I'm not willing to remove them to tell the truth. But if it's enough to change a couple of values in xml, that can be done by the each player. I'm planning to make a guide on how to tweak this kind of things, since adding more options could not be worth it.
About Larger Cities you might be right, I'll do some tests.
About Leaderheads, I've never had any problem of stuttering. Could it be something in your rig? I have a pretty old rig now (3-4 years ago) and I don't have any stuttering. Static leaderheads mod is something more that should be installed by each player who wants to use it. AFAIK most of the players prefer standard LH.

Cool - thanks!

Top Bottom