AND SVN Build Thread

But as I said Koshling has already fixed this problem in c2c; The AI is much smarter diplomatically, you will never get lobsided deals like this. Thats why I was bringing it up, since you have merged other stuff from c2c (such as scaling deals) - I was hinting that koshlings changes to AI trading 'intelligence' would be a prime candidate for further pillaging ;)

I surely hope I can import more code from C2C; until now I've mostly imported fixes. Importing AI behaviour is a much more challenging task, because there are so many connections between the core files of the dll that if you miss something you could screw up everything (that is, you're able to compile the dll). I'm definetly willing to enhance AI behaviour but it will require time.

I just thought diplomacy would be more of an isolated thing, less linked to the wider AI behaviour. I don't really know of course, I just assumed this, you would know best. Good luck with it anyway :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;12252331 said:
I've done a quick test and no, it doesn't work. That's because a building replacing another doesn't hide the second building from the list of available buildings. It's obsoleting that hides another building. If I have UN replace UN Mission and I have both Mass Media and Applied Economics, both buildings are in the available buildings list and both can be built in any order. Then if I build UN Mission, it can be replaced by UN but that's not what I wanted. I've also tried BuildingClassNeededs and PrereqBuildingClasses but those don't work as I'd need.

Do you play with Hide Replaced Buildings on? It's a BUG option under the A New Dawn tab. It looks to me like if you have that turned on, it works like how I described it, but if not, then you get what you are talking about. If that isn't it, then we have to dig deeper.

I stopped using Hide Replaced Buildings a long time ago. It made things...harder to figure out for me.

Getting a harbor (for ex.) pillaged and then getting the tech that gives Ports just made it long and more difficult to rebuild. Many times I wanted Just the Harbor and not the port, till later in the game when i had better production going.

JosEPh

@Ark,
The issues in that link have been addressed in C2C. And it should be available to AND thru the shared DLL. I'm not saying you're not experiencing this, all I can say is I'm not. The Diplomacy section has not been acting like that June 2011 thread link for sometime. So are we using different Options that affect Diplomacy? I use Adv. Diplo all the time.
I am not using any specific AI options that I know of (other than ruthless AI and advanced diplomacy). I have had similar trades as in the pic in two of my games over the past two weeks (one for apples another for a single lemon). I also regularly (almost once per game) have the AI approach me offering all its gold (usually under 1000 gold) for a SINGLE worker unit.

Next time any of the above happens, I will make it a point to upload a save and logfile.

Welcome back, Afforess!

Vokarya, you were right, I also play with with Hide Replaced Buildings turned off for the exact reason Joseph has explained. But I agree it's a matter of gamestyle, so I'll upload this fix in the next revision.

Rev 618

- fixed typo in CVRandomEventInterface (python is capital-sensible)
- United Nations is a Great Wonder again
- UN Missions now require Mass Media AND Applied Economics
- United Nations replaces UN Mission, also UN Mission costs more than UN: this is made so that it's not rational to build UN Mission BEFORE UN (although technically possible)
- Removed UN as a Project
- Fixed UN Mission Text
- Removed Spanish Galleon (which was unbuildable, Spanish UU is Conquistador) (thanks to Vokarya)
- Siege Weapons Workshop and Cannon Forge put into a building line (thanks to Vokarya)
- Bazooka and Anti-Tank are now into a unit line (thanks to Vokarya)
- Ambush I promotion removed from Anti-Tank (thanks to Vokarya)
- Siege Weapons Workshop goes obsolete at Artillery. (thanks to Vokarya)
- Cannon Forge has FLAVOR_MILITARY instead of FLAVOR_PRODUCTION. (thanks to Vokarya)
- Bazooka changed from Mechanized Warfare + Advanced Rocketry to Mechanized Warfare + Rocketry (thanks to Vokarya)
- Bazooka strength lowered to 40 (thanks to Vokarya)
- Bazooka upgrades to Anti-Tank (thanks to Vokarya)
- Anti-Tank bonus against wheeled and tracked units raised to 70% (thanks to Vokarya)

WARNING: DUE TO UN BEING CHANGED FROM PROJECT TO GREAT WONDER, IF YOU HAVE A SAVEGAME IN THE MODERN ERA WHERE UN HAD ALREADY BEEN BUILT, THIS COULD LEAD TO PROBLEMS, EVEN IF YOU HAVE SAVED WITH MAXCOMPAT.

Test Civics are available for testing in the Civics thread. So far No one has bothered.

Pulled for new revision.

JosEPh

Rev619

- Moved Olive bonuses from the Olive Orchard to the Apple Orchard. (thanks to Vokarya)
- Commented out the Olive Orchard. (thanks to Vokarya)
- Renamed the Apple Orchard to just Orchard. (thanks to Vokarya)
- Moved Lemons from Plantation to Orchard. (thanks to Vokarya)
- Piazza San Marco moved to Guild, also grants +10% gold in every city (thanks to Vokarya)
- Alhambra moved back to Architecture (thanks to Vokarya)
- Paved Road costs cut by 50%, also Paved Road now requires Stone OR Cement OR Oil Products (thanks to Vokarya)
- Fixed National Anthem event
- Imported code from C2C rev1833 (was already partially imported in previous revisions):
[Fixed a bug that sometimes allowed an enemy to use another player's routes] This part was already imported in the past
Tweaked allowable pathing
Explore AI/automation performance improvements

Ah, does the fix for ai using roads need a restart? Becuase I am deep in a game I updated my dll only to 619, and the enemy can still use my roads.

Can't load pre SVN 619 savegames with SVN 619. Unreadable save games. Max Compat still enabled.

Can start new games okay and save them.

EDIT: Might be the Air Capacity bug and doing recalc after updating to new svn.

JosEPh

Ah, does the fix for ai using roads need a restart? Becuase I am deep in a game I updated my dll only to 619, and the enemy can still use my roads.

As I said in the other thread, I think no, it won't solve the bug because the part of the code suggested by Koshling was already imported in AND2 months ago. Now I've imported the whole rev 1833 changes from C2C just to make sure I haven't forgot anything important, but I suppose it won't solve the problem anyway. If the problem is solved anyway, it should be solved without needing to restart the game from scratch.

Can't load pre SVN 619 savegames with SVN 619. Unreadable save games. Max Compat still enabled.

Can start new games okay and save them.

EDIT: Might be the Air Capacity bug and doing recalc after updating to new svn.

JosEPh

It might be Air Capacity or it might be something related to UN if you or someone else has already built it. I've done some testing and I have no problem in loading saves pre-619. My guess would be that UN is causing the problem because I've experienced it a couple of revisions ago.

Didn't have UN in that game yet. But did have airports and early fighters.

Can't play it so I moved on to a new 619 game.

JosEPh

45°38'N-13°47'E;12260683 said:
Rev619

- Moved Olive bonuses from the Olive Orchard to the Apple Orchard. (thanks to Vokarya)
- Commented out the Olive Orchard. (thanks to Vokarya)
- Renamed the Apple Orchard to just Orchard. (thanks to Vokarya)
- Moved Lemons from Plantation to Orchard. (thanks to Vokarya)
- Piazza San Marco moved to Guild, also grants +10% gold in every city (thanks to Vokarya)
- Alhambra moved back to Architecture (thanks to Vokarya)
- Paved Road costs cut by 50%, also Paved Road now requires Stone OR Cement OR Oil Products (thanks to Vokarya)
- Fixed National Anthem event
- Imported code from C2C rev1833 (was already partially imported in previous revisions):
[Fixed a bug that sometimes allowed an enemy to use another player's routes] This part was already imported in the past
Tweaked allowable pathing
Explore AI/automation performance improvements

FYI, if you have olives/olive orchards in your game before upgrading to v619, it's not maxsavegame compatible. At least not for me. But love the changes! Keep 'em coming!

Getting OOS errors after 1100AD in multi player. Tried clearing caches/reloading no joy - happens approx every 10-15 turns.

Any suggestions? Tried to use this in pitboss but it crashes when loading a save. Starting a fresh one pitboss doesn't have enough window size, so I cant select the AI's in the game!

FYI, if you have olives/olive orchards in your game before upgrading to v619, it's not maxsavegame compatible. At least not for me. But love the changes! Keep 'em coming!

Yeah I had olives too. Sometimes they just don't go with pepperoni! ;)

JosEPh

Getting OOS errors after 1100AD in multi player. Tried clearing caches/reloading no joy - happens approx every 10-15 turns.

Any suggestions? Tried to use this in pitboss but it crashes when loading a save. Starting a fresh one pitboss doesn't have enough window size, so I cant select the AI's in the game!

Which revision are you using? I've never used Pitboss so I don't know what problems it could have.

45°38'N-13°47'E;12265109 said:
Which revision are you using? I've never used Pitboss so I don't know what problems it could have.

618 I believe (haven't bothered to upgrade to 619 yet).

I play with a mate via lan or direct ip (both experience it). I play with a ton of options on
(probably to my detriment) including revolutions (I LOVE revolutions :)).

This mod is the best by far! And runs smooth as a babys bum until after 1100 ad where I'm going oos every 10-15 turns. Looking into it it appears to be as I'm trading with an AI, meeting them, or just after a turn has finished (i.e. as your civ becomes usable after the ai has moved).

Hope that helps! I know there's not much hope for stability when I'm using revolutions amongst other things, but after this mod I just can't go back to Vanilla BTS!

Keep up the good work guys :)

Top Bottom