Duplicate Icons

I'm also trying to get the civics icons updated. Protectionism needs a new icon as it is using the Great Wall. I like the wall motif, but I'd like to use something a bit different.

This icon is used as Hadrian's Wall in the PAE Ancient Europe mod.
View attachment 405789

This is an alternative; it is the Fortress City civilization icon from the Fury Road mod.
View attachment 405790

If these don't look good, I was thinking of something based on a chess rook.

The Hadrian's Wall icon is much better than the gold turret one.

I really like the Horse Husbandry icon, but the mounted Crusader icon could work as well.

I need to do another sweep through the mods to find buttons for Garrison (it is slightly different from Barracks, being more purple where Barracks is blue, but I'd still like to change it) and Toll House.

In the meantime, I found a couple of buttons that I think we could use for Nanofactory. Many of the Factory-type buildings all use the Factory icon and need better ones.

This one comes from the Sci-Fi buttons pack.
View attachment 405811

This one I pulled out of our current FPK files. It is labeled Nanostructured.
View attachment 405812

Do you think this style will work, or should I look for something else? These buttons are very stark.

I agree that they're very plain compared to what we have been using. They don't really seem to fit.

I need to do another sweep through the mods to find buttons for Garrison (it is slightly different from Barracks, being more purple where Barracks is blue, but I'd still like to change it) and Toll House.

In the meantime, I found a couple of buttons that I think we could use for Nanofactory. Many of the Factory-type buildings all use the Factory icon and need better ones.

This one comes from the Sci-Fi buttons pack.
View attachment 405811

This one I pulled out of our current FPK files. It is labeled Nanostructured.
View attachment 405812

Do you think this style will work, or should I look for something else? These buttons are very stark.

I like the first one.

First one is better, but I honestly am not a big fan of the buttons that have flat white backgrounds. They just don't seem to "fit in" so to speak (Like the Automobile tech icon)

I think this will work even better for Nanofactory. It started off as Synthetic Composites in the Final Frontier mod.
View attachment 405858

I'm considering one of these for Quantum Lab. It's hard to find good buttons for futuristic buildings.

This one is the Mars Now button for Quantum Cryptography.
View attachment 405859

This is the Mars Now button for Neutrino Sciences. I think I will probably go with this one unless someone really objects.
View attachment 405860

I think this will work even better for Nanofactory. It started off as Synthetic Composites in the Final Frontier mod.
View attachment 405858

I'm considering one of these for Quantum Lab. It's hard to find good buttons for futuristic buildings.

This one is the Mars Now button for Quantum Cryptography.
View attachment 405859

This is the Mars Now button for Neutrino Sciences. I think I will probably go with this one unless someone really objects.
View attachment 405860

I think that one looks a lot better :goodjob:

The last icon looks good for Quantum Lab IMO ^^

I think that one looks a lot better :goodjob:

...and I think it doesn't. That looks like a molecule and not some nano-machines.

EDIT: That is actually butane molecule.

The Neutrino Sciences button looks really good. :thumbsup:

Here's another possibility for Quantum Lab. I found it looking through the Multiverse mod. It's used for a Quantum Computers tech. We already have a Quantum Computers icon that works.

View attachment 405868

I'm still going with the blue molecule for Nanofactory. I think it gets the point across without having to be hyper-detailed.

Definitely the Neutrino Sciences button. It's simple and uncluttered and fits the theme.

I'm trying to get all the regular buildings done. What do you think of using the Hunting Lodge to replace Village Hall? Village Hall uses the same button as Longhouse (actually, it uses Longhouse's art definition, but I'm fine with buildings sharing models -- there are only so many models out there, and most of them you won't see anyway).
View attachment 405942

For Garrison, I like this one. It's Fall From Heaven 2's Command Post.
View attachment 405943

Probably the second-best one I have found is Colonization's Arsenal. We already have a good button for Arsenal, but this looks appropriate for Garrison. The Garrison runs from the early Renaissance Era until the late Industrial, when it is replaced by the Military Base.
View attachment 405944

Toll House also needs a different button, since it and Customs House are using the same button. This is the best one I have found. It is used as a Guild Hall in Fall From Heaven 2. I'm not completely convinced it's a good one. I found a few others that might work.
View attachment 405945

I don't like the white background for the Command Post icon: it looks too sterile and abrupt. I prefer the Arsenal icon.

The Hunting Lodge icon looks good.

That looks so much better instantly. Now it's better than the Arsenal one. :)

(Then again, everyone knows that many things are better than Arsenal. #notactuallyafootballfan)

We still need replacement buttons for Metropolitan Administration and Capital Administration. I went mod-hunting again. I think this is the best one I have found. It is used for the Mayor's Office in Realism Invictus.
View attachment 406003

These are a couple other possibilities. The first is Basilica from Fall from Heaven and the second is Master's Hall from Rise from Erebus. The second is a little ominous, but the building itself looks appropriate.
View attachment 406004View attachment 406005

For Capital Administration, I like this one. It is used as an Imperial Diet in RFC Europe and in some other mods. I looked, and I could not find us using this button anywhere. Houses of Parliament uses a different button (different building, and more of a close-up).
View attachment 406006

Top Bottom