[Graphics] Divine Units

Darque

Chaotic Lord of Dragonia
In this thread, we'll keep track of and discuss the graphics for divine units.

Pelor
Sun - Missionary
Brilliant Strength - Leader
Radiant Servant - Melee unit
Pelorian Paladin - Paladin unit

Nerullicism
Life Cutter - Missionary (Completed)
?? - Leader
Reaper's Child - Melee Unit (Completed)
Midnight Darkness - Paladin (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/dragoneyespins/DE_30.html)

Tel'Seldarine (Elf)
Feywarden of Corellon Larethian- Missionary
?? - Leader
Corellon's Rain - Archer unit
Order of the Bow - Archer unit (Completed)

Dark Seldarine (Drow)
Arachne - Missionary - female
Matron Mother - Leader - female
Handmaiden of the Spider Queen - female
Order of Soul Spiders - Paladin

Heironeanism
Warpriest - Missionary
Archpaladin - Leader
Shining Blade - Melee Unit
Knight of the Chalice - Paladin

Hextorianism
Discordian - Missionary
Patriarch-General - Leader
Fist - Melee Unit
Blackguard - Paladin

Morndinsamman (Dwarf)
Sonnlinor - Missionary
?? - Leader
Justice Hammer - Melee Unit (Completed)
?? - Paladin

The One-Eye (Orc)
Lazguoi - Missionary
Right Eye - Leader
Eye - Melee Unit
Tusks of the Unblinking Eye - Paladin

Have you given any thought to which you can use from Fall from Heaven?

Let me play more Shadow and I'll see if any of the obscure ones will work. Some of their units get used so little and it's a shame.

Maybe someone like bernie14 would be a good recruit to rebone and modify FfH2 units.

Hi everybody,

let's see; I worked a bit on the corellon cleric and now it's time to chose his colour scheme.
So let me hear what you think off the main hues.
Also, let's discuss which part is gonna be the team colour.

Texture details will follow later. The finshed texture will be probably at 256 x256.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 279
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 240
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 239
Looks good.

I personally don't care for team color. Units have little flags so why worry about team color?

And if 512x512 works better for you then go for more detail. The overall size of the mod isn't too dependent on dds files.

A common description of the Clerics of Corellon:
http://elvenarcher.net/jstarlight/Corellon.html said:
Corellon clerics always wear a blue quarter moon talisman. Clerics tend to wear a silver, platinum, or mithral circlet about their heads. They often wear things of the color azure.
The cloak should be a blue color. If team color is used, it should be on the edges of the cloak, but I agree with woodelf that team color is not needed. Under the cloak, the cleric would be wearing either leather or chainmail armor.

OK.

I'm about half way through now, and will be completing the missionary tomorrow or Friday.

As for colours, I think the azure blue and the leather goes together nicely. The front is more or less finished with an absurd amount of detail for that size. I will provide comparison shots 512 vs 256, and I'm pretty sure that in 90% of most civ-typical angles, there won't be much difference.
Nontheless, I work in 512 (the forthcoming pictures are also 512x512) because working in a slightly better resolution gives you usually more options and is more convinient (That doesn't apply to pure pixelgraphix).

The ugly mug will be repainted(with a slightly less ugly). I often like to go for the head first, to have more "feeling" for the model's personality.

The shield will be a bit tricky, as I respec'd the UVs to allow for a horizontal Corellon Moon so ugly seams could be visible - you can easily see them on the WIP pics. It's going to be a wooden shield with a metal plate on which the god's moon is depicted.

Painting the cloak won't be easy, as the texture mirroring makes most draperies look stupid.

As to the sword, I got no idea. Maybe you guys can say something? Normal blade,golden sword, rainbow sabre? Perhaps nothing too fancy?

Cheers-
ayreos

P.S.
Thanks for the input, guys

Attachments

• 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 271
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 333.JPG
    333.JPG
    351.3 KB · Views: 268
That's looking great.

512x512 maps are fine if that's what you'd prefer to work with. I use them all the time, and it won't kill the game. Unfortunately, you'll notice you don't see a lot of your detail work in-game.

As to maps, the civ texture exporter can use the following; base, diffuse, dark, detail, decal, bump, glow, gloss, and reflection. Base and decal are just for team color instances though. Otherwise you just use diffuse. I've never used dark or detail, and I'm not actually sure what they do. If you can do bumpmaps the option's there, but I can't get my pea brain around those, so i'm no help in that department. Glossmaps work like specular maps... black being non reflective, white highly reflective. Glowmaps are black with the parts you want lit in the color you want them lit. And reflection is the image you want for the reflection on the glossy parts. I just use a center gradient circle, this guy here...

That's what most civ units with reflection use, and probably represents sunlight, but I'm sure there's other things you can use to get other effects.

If you plan to do gloss maps for the shield or sword though, you might want to texture that to it's own map, to make it easier.

Hi guys,

the elf is nearly finished, gonna go through some minor details and face overhaul tonight.

Quick preview:

The cloak did cost me some nerves, damn mirrored drapery is a sucker. When I finally had the idea with this belt-thingie, I probably pained and repainted it a dozen times...

P.S. the scene is unlighted, so it looks flat

Attachments

• preview_1.JPG
    preview_1.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 259
  • preview_2.JPG
    preview_2.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 286
Top Bottom