Smart AI mod released!! Discussion on the mod

Acken's mod is currently near the top of this sub-forum but for the record here is the direct link
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=550671
He has NQ map script bundled which probably doesn't help avoid confusion but those two are different mods by different people. Acken have long been one of the better deity players here (mostly active in the Strategy sub) before he decided to try his hands at modding.

Ok i may sound dumb but i am a using mods quite recently

I downloaded two mods(JUST two mods and no other)from civfanatics(without steam).....one is yours(smart Ai v3) and Really advanced Setup.i changed the <AffectsSavedGames>0 to <AffectsSavedGames>1 to enable me to save my games.

I played with both mods enabled(and both mods worked well it seemed) from the MODS option and saved my game,however the next time I tried to load the saved game it says "All required Mods are not installed".

(i downloaded smart Ai v3 from civfanatics-->unzipped it by winzip-->coped the folder to C:/My Documents/My Games/Sid Meyer's Civilization 5/MODS-->opened MOD info file and changed <AffectsSavedGames>0 to <AffectsSavedGames>1 )

Do tell me where i am going wrong

i changed the <AffectsSavedGames>0 to <AffectsSavedGames>1 to enable me to save my games.

The Affects Saved Games flag doesn't do what you think it does. Don't change the flag unless the modder genuinely made a mistake.

Always go through the Mods menu to load a game. The ability to load a game from the main menu for mods that have that flag turned on has always been broken.

Somehow the a.i keeps making combat unit even tho their income is negative. And they can make progress in science (so far i know, if the wealth is zero, your science would be downgrade). And you should make the range units who can attack more than once, commit the multiple attacks more often.

Ok i may sound dumb but i am a using mods quite recently

I downloaded two mods(JUST two mods and no other)from civfanatics(without steam).....one is yours(smart Ai v3) and Really advanced Setup.i changed the <AffectsSavedGames>0 to <AffectsSavedGames>1 to enable me to save my games.

I played with both mods enabled(and both mods worked well it seemed) from the MODS option and saved my game,however the next time I tried to load the saved game it says "All required Mods are not installed".

(i downloaded smart Ai v3 from civfanatics-->unzipped it by winzip-->coped the folder to C:/My Documents/My Games/Sid Meyer's Civilization 5/MODS-->opened MOD info file and changed <AffectsSavedGames>0 to <AffectsSavedGames>1 )

Do tell me where i am going wrong

The Affects Saved Games flag doesn't do what you think it does. Don't change the flag unless the modder genuinely made a mistake.

Always go through the Mods menu to load a game. The ability to load a game from the main menu for mods that have that flag turned on has always been broken.
Check this part:
Code:
<MinCompatibleSaveVersion>2</MinCompatibleSaveVersion>

Do this work with Community Patch ?
no, but the cp merged most of the ai improvements this mod made (some years ago), and the cp has done much much more work on the ai after that.

I finally figured out where to ask this question.
This modification does not change anything in the economy of AI. (as written in the description)

how to improve AI behavior so that their economy does not fall to 0?

Last edited:
I finally figured out where to ask this question.
This modification does not change anything in the economy of AI. (as written in the description)

how to improve AI behavior so that their economy does not fall to 0?

This mod is outdated. Use
Acken's Minimalistic Balance for singleplayer (and AI improvements)
or
Community Patch (without VP)

Top Bottom