Advanced Air Units - V1.0 - ALPHA

Great mod, i'm playing my first game with it as England and i have a stetic issue, the queen elizabeth carrier it's in vertical position instead of horizontal.
I'm using only this mod and the v13 version.
Any idea? anyone with a similar issue?
Thanks for your time

sube

Fixed.

I download the Edited Animations and Effects:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...19459&act=down

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=465145

and do what it says in the txt

put the folder "Edited_Animations" to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\Units\
and
put the "civ5artdefines_viseffects.xml" to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\resource\Common\

Thanks for the help, and now i'm going to enjoy the mod :goodjob:

Hey man.
I wasn't familiar with your art, but from what I've seen in screenshots, it's hilarious! I have downloaded your MEGAmod v7, probably will try it now.
One question though: how exactly will it affect other custom civ mods?
I, for instance have this one:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13493903&postcount=369

I have tried it and...Well...Units, specified for Israel in general info simply don't appear there - just generalized tree. I mean Merkava MBT battle tank is appearing in Zulu, Byzantia, Assiria (????)...Come on! Israel doesn't sell this one. Also it's battle strength somehow weaker, than the rest of progressive MBT's, which is incorrect.
So had to modify your .xml files. Works for me for now, but should you update them-I am in trouble...
Additionally-tried Russian tree. The spetznaz looks like cossacs and has...single shot 1870 model rifles???? and modern marines look like great war infantry...
Royal marines look very nice-loved the design, but may be you should make 1 or two generic units, so's added civs could benefit from sort of unique spec-ops units too - I mean something that isn't covered by region, like asian, european, etc)

Also noted that every single US unit has a higher battle strength, than it's non-US counterpart...Russian t-50 jet 5'th jen(still in the development) is worse, than F-35 lightning(which also still isn't combat operated), Russian spetznaz worse, than navy seals or forcr recon in both battlestrength and movements, but better, than any other special forces unit. Bonuses are greater for americans, making their units even stronger. Some nations don't even have spec ops or generic units. For instance if you add a civ, it'll have to rely on ingame vanilla units, which are weaker...I mean, it's ok to be a patriot, but this is a game, man. Give other civs a winning chance too. If US has, say strong armor, give to Japs stronger air-force. I know it's not accurate historically, but again-it's a game

you are right the US units are better, because in real life, they are better.

You forgot one component though, the us units also cost more, both in gold and in resources, the advanced technology comes at a price. while the other nations don't have as strong units, they can build more and overwhelm and win by more units.

As for the F-35 and T-50, GDR are not real either, but are still in game. They will exist.

If there was more, or better art to use, I would use the better looking stuff that fits the unit better, but i'm no 3d artist, and no one cares about making art assets for this game anymore, so we are all stuck with what we got.

It's the best that I can do given limited resources.

As far as my mod goes, America will remain technologically dominant in late game.

Also, I do have some general units, just not many. For units like the Merkava, I gave them to civs from that region that were not around anymore, I did that quite a bit.

you are right the US units are better, because in real life, they are better. You forgot one component though, the us units also cost more, both in gold and in resources, the advanced technology comes at a price. while the other nations don't have as strong units, they can build more and overwhelm and win by more units.
I wouldn't be so sure. You see, there are very concerning reports regarding F-35 abilities compared even with already existing Su 35C. Because of such a reports numerous countries cancelled or considered cancelling orders of F-35.
Then, Israeli Merkava is by no characteristic worse, than M1 Abrams (we are talking about Merkava 4 version, cause Abrams in 80's also wasn't Abrams of today. Israeli Namer (light armor, absent in mod) is way better, than Bradley, plus both Namer and Merkava have "windshield" active protection system with no analogue in the world.
Russian Armata(also absent in mod) could be better, than any existing MBT, since it's entire crew located inside the main body of a tank-tower is unoccupied, which just makes it much safer
Israeli and German Dolphin submarines(absent in mod) are the largest and, probably, the best non-nuclear subs.
I don't really don't think, that Russian spetznaz or Iraeli spec ops(too many to start naming-every regiment has a specop company) are worse, than navy seals, delta or any other american. Well, at least they do better on competitions and also have a lot more real combat situations experience
That's about "real life"...However we're not talking about real life, we're talking about the game. In game, if one has a much much better units-wins, the cost is secondary issue. I'e seen in numerous games, how US kicks asses of any neighbor, just because it has built 3-4 blackbirds and they don't have such a bomber power-moreover, they don't even have the fighter power to down that bomber and it's kind of unfair, cause in game you just have to have a winning chance, otherwise no real point to play. So unless a human controls those civs-they have 0 chance.
The AI controlled civs just do not build a whole lot of cheaper and weaker units. They also build a very limited amount...Ok it's not your fault-it's AI, but then game becomes not interesting. That's why I've modified your mod, introducing more balance
Same goes for naval power btw. In real life only handful of countries have considerable naval power, yet you did allow generic carrier unit and generic destroyers...So here's more or less goes as the game should have

As for the F-35 and T-50, GDR are not real either, but are still in game. They will exist.

If there was more, or better art to use, I would use the better looking stuff that fits the unit better, but i'm no 3d artist, and no one cares about making art assets for this game anymore, so we are all stuck with what we got.

It's the best that I can do given limited resources.

As far as my mod goes, America will remain technologically dominant in late game.

Also, I do have some general units, just not many. For units like the Merkava, I gave them to civs from that region that were not around anymore, I did that quite a bit.
Yes, I've seen all that - so again modified it.. Should those civs exist in some way, they'd probably use either american or russian staff, like countries, that are not present in the game-Jordan, Iraq...In some cases I made mixes, just to allow some diversity...
BTW YF-22 Black Widow(available to all civs)-in my opinion is a way overkill. I trust, you've made it to have an elite air unit, to conter giant robots and XCOM commando. I can understand that, but I have additional mod, which removes those 2. YF is a terminator, especially if you upgrade from F-15 and you have hangar and Top Gun
So, can you please tell me how can I either remove it as well or how to transfer it instead of the second F-35 (the JSF). Since it's really strange to have 2 almost identical F-35's. If JSF would be substituted with YF(or even better with upgraded F-15, say E version), that way you'll have both good fighter jet and bomber (F-35 is mainly bomber)

It was long-if you'd like to see, what I have changed-write to me. My mail is micioffe@gmail.com

hi there,
i am playing your Advanced Air-Naval-Ground Units Megamod (v. 7) and since then i have come across to "frozen" issues". during turns the game freezes.
i am using your mod with perfectworld 3 only.
can you see what might be the problem?

Add pls seahawk and seahuey as SEAHELICOPTER unit to be able to land on LHD.
And SeaAPACHE wont be bad.

Top Bottom