Hulfgar's Modpack Extended Edition "Rise of the Machines"

Hi everybody,

version 12 is ready for beta testing if somebody wants to try it

the main changes are :

- I've added a Jurassic Land National Wonder

- I've changed what happens when Skynet becomes Self Aware :

In this case it will found its own Civilization (The Machines), see all humans as a threat and seek to destroy them.
The city where the Skynet Control Room was build and all Cyber units of its original Civilization will switch to the new Machines Civilization.
But that's not all : any other Skynet network in the world may get infected and join the Machines Civilization. With its Cyber units and original city of course.
The more units are under Skynet's control the higher the chance that it becomes self-aware.

Unlike the Barbarians in the earlier versions of the Mod Skynet has no problem with the use of nuclear weapons and it fired them in each of my tests so far.

if you wish to test it before an official release just send me a MP :)

Can anyone create a multiplayer modpack also including the other compatible mods like

InfoAddict
Events and Decisions
Artificial Unintelligence (v.9)
Putmalk's CivIV Diplomacy Mod
Bc1's Enhanced User Interface

also can't wait for the v12 update. Sounds amazing.

Hi Shizof,

for EUI you don't need it in the Modpack because it's a "fake DLC mod", so you can leave it in the DLC folder. There is just a file to remove from my multiplayer modpack to make sure both mods are compatible.

I will try to make you the MP Modpack, you want it with ver. 11 or ver. 12?

yo plz the download link for us.

Hi everybody,

version 12 is ready for beta testing if somebody wants to try it

the main changes are :

- I've added a Jurassic Land National Wonder

- I've changed what happens when Skynet becomes Self Aware :

In this case it will found its own Civilization (The Machines), see all humans as a threat and seek to destroy them.
The city where the Skynet Control Room was build and all Cyber units of its original Civilization will switch to the new Machines Civilization.
But that's not all : any other Skynet network in the world may get infected and join the Machines Civilization. With its Cyber units and original city of course.
The more units are under Skynet's control the higher the chance that it becomes self-aware.

Unlike the Barbarians in the earlier versions of the Mod Skynet has no problem with the use of nuclear weapons and it fired them in each of my tests so far.

if you wish to test it before an official release just send me a MP :)

did break v12 the savegame?

Shizof I'm trying to make the MP modpack for you.

Some comments :

Events and Decisions will not be included, it's not compatible with the multiplayer game :

Don't Ask, it Can't Fixed Without a Lot of Work:
Events and Decisions: Desyncs every turn after the first decision has been taken. Unfortunately, probably can't be fixed without a major rewrite of the mod itself.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=533238

I've run into an issue where it's not possible to change the production in a city, I'm trying to find out where is the bug.

Well seen as I only started 2 days ago not to far, im playing on king level and on epic so I'm only up to medieval level atm but my, right out of the gate it's challenge which I absolutely love and it looks like it's not gonna get any easier:)

Hello everybody,

"Rise of the Machines" and its MP Modpack have been updated to version 14 :​

Gameplay :
- Change what happens when Skynet becomes self-aware (see at bottom).
- Possibility to sell Cyberdine Systems and the Skynet Control Room, those 2 buildings have a maintenance cost of 2.
- Add the Jurassic Land National Wonder
- Replaces the Tech Nanometallurgy with Nanotechnologie
- Removed the luxury resources from the mining script
- Airport always captured when a city is conquered.

Bug correction :
- Set the Barracks as prereq for the Arsenal.
- Correction in the Watchtower code
- Removed the resource requirements for the Airfields
- Correction in the Airfield code
- Removed the cargo promotion from the CS cuisers
- Set the Barracks as prereq for the Arsenal.

Units :
- Drone UAV limited to 8 per Civ
- Surcouf and I-400 submarines upgrade to Nuclear Submarine
- Removed the resource requirements for the Airfields
- Upgrade path for the Tank changed to Main Battle Tank (was Heavy Tank)
- Maori Warrior moved to Tech Bronze Working, stats updated to match the Bronze Age Warrior
- Atomic Bomb upgrade to Nuclear Missile
- Missile upgrade to Guided Missile and becomes obsolete with Advanced Ballistics
- Helicopter upgrade to Helicopter Gunship, obsolete with Tech Lasers
- Bazooka obsolete with Tech Lasers
- Removed the Embarkation Promotion for "helicopter CombatClass" units (Airships, helicopters, Cyber VOTL).
Those units can enter coastal waters but not ocean tiles. They can be airlifted if needed.

Unit skins :
- Carabinier Guard from Zwei833 added as ethnic Cavalry for Rome
- Vanilla Musketman skin used for the Arquebusier
- Former Arquebusier skin used as Musketman skin (Original Civ 4 unit by Gagonite, conversion by Wolfdog).
- Zulu scout uses the Sahul scout skin from Zwei833, Deliverator and RI mod team
- Zulu Warrior uses the Sahul warrior skin from Zwei833, Deliverator and RI mod team
- Added JTitan's skins for Songhai's units
- Native Rifleman from Deliverator used as Arquebusier for Shoshone and Iroquois

Ethnic units for New Zealand :
Bomber : Avro Lancaster
Fast Bomber : Westland Whirlwind
Divebomber : Hawker Tempest
Fighter : Hawker Hurricane MKII
Battleship : Admiral Class BB
Submarine : U Class U-Boot
Carrier :Illustrious
Helicopter : Blackhawk, conversion from Nomad or What
Scout, Onmy6's reskin of Zwei833 Indian Scout
Line Infantry : Deliverator's bandeirante with a reskinned flag
Zwei833's Malay Armored Cavalry
Zwei833's Oceanic Warrior
Zwei833's Gothic Knight
Musketmen : Katipunero
Swordsmen : Zwei833's Poleaxe free company
Longswordsmen : Zwei833's Gallowglass
Nuclear Attack Submarine : Scorpene Class
Stealth Bomber : B1b Lancer
Jet Fighter : Mirage 3 with NZ roundels
Strike Fighter : Mirage 2000 with NZ roundels
Joint Strike Fighter : Rafale with NZ roundels
Gunship Helicopter : Cobra, conversion from Nomad or What

Not compatible with savegames from version 11 or earlier.​

What's new with Skynet :
Spoiler :

Every Civilization can build it's own Skynet.
For this the building Cyberdine Systems is required, it cannot be build in the Capital.
Once Cyberdine Systems has been build you may build the Skynet Control Room.
The Skynet Control Room will provide you with Skynet's Algorithms. These resource is required to build the Cyber Units.
But... as a Superintelligence Skynet will learn, the more Cyber Units you have the faster it will gain in intelligence.

There is 2 stages in its evolution :

Stage 1 : Skynet gains Synthetic Intelligence.
At this point you can still control it and improve this control with the project Asimov's Laws.
The more units are under Skynet's control the higher the chance that it gains Synthetic Intelligence.

Stage 2 :
Skynet becomes Self-Aware.
In this case it will found its own Civilization, The Machines, see all humans as a threat and seek to destroy them.
The city where the Skynet Control Room was build, all Cyber units, all Ballistic Missile Submarines and all Nuclear Missiles of its original Civilization will switch to the new Machines Civilization.

The project Asimov's Laws can lower the risk to see Skynet becomes Self-Aware but it can never be less than 5%.
You may sell the building Skynet Control Room to shut down Skynet, but in this case the Cyber Units will be much less effectiv.

Once Skynet is self-aware you have only one solution : fight it and win... or die.

Be aware that as a Civilization Skynet can capture cities and use nukes (and it loves to use them!)

Don't look for a ver.12 it was the test version.
Version 14 has been tested, played and has proved to be stable.

WARNING :
Play with maximum 21 Major Civilization (or max. number -1) one Major Civ Slot must remain free for Skynet's Civ.

Hi again. I Started a new game with version 11B. I'm now at the medieval age and everything is fine except my units wont heal. I push the healing button and nothing happens in the next turn. I'm trying to heal my Quadtrireme on Allied city state area. Only other mod which I'm using is IGE 0.38 version. Can I port to neweat version of the mod without messing up the ongoing game?

Thank you for your help beforehand. I cannot anymore play vanilla civ, so desperate to get your mod working :D

Hello Kepuli,

honestly I would not advise to play a savegame from ver.11 with ver.14.

However if in your savegame no Civ is beyond the Industrial Era it may work and be worth a try if you don't want to start a new game.

But you will need to open the file Hulfgars Modpack Rise of the Machines 14 (v 14).modinfo found in C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack Rise of the Machines 14 (v 14)

find the line

<MinCompatibleSaveVersion>12</MinCompatibleSaveVersion>

and change it in
<MinCompatibleSaveVersion>11</MinCompatibleSaveVersion>

when that's done save and start Civ5.

But again :
ver.14 is as bug free as I can guarantee it after playing a whole game.
Onmy6 played it as well and found no bug.

So it's probably better to start a new game than to risk a bug with the database because it can do strange things between what has been saved from your game and the changes in ver.14.

About your bug :
It's a strange thing, I never had it. I would be interested in the log files and your savegame to investigate :)

I installed the v.14 of your mod. But still I get this bug with non working healing. It seems it only affects certain units, so maybe it is bug with IGE. THose units where created by it. And also during the play different icons start to get messed up. Maybe IGE again?

Kepuli for the graphical bug try this :

in C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5
open config.ini

find the line :

; Set to 1 to disable LeaderHead system
change LeaderHead = 0 to LeaderHead = 1

save and restart the game.

can you post me a savegame to have a look at the healing bug please?

I will send you save game file at thursday. Then I'm able to connect my own computer to internet. But now healing bug seems to be gone again. Quite interesting, but I will send the save file still. Otherwise having a jolly good time with your mod. I'm just using IGE heavily to advance to medieval era, because I have started but not finished so many games that earlier periods are so boring already :D

Top Bottom