SGOTM 13 - Maintenance Thread

I just noticed the following in the Notices section of each CFC Forums Web Page:

Attachment & Avatar Upload Issues Fixed: The attachment and new avatar upload issues have finally been fixed. Thanks everyone for the patience!

Sun Tzu Wu

I was ferreting around the graphs, and I noticed that the stats say we have had 44 visitor posts to our thread.

I would speculate that this is because of a typo in one of the names in our team. Benginal vs Benignal.

Now, I am not fussed at all about stats re: visitor or player, but what does worry me is that when Benginal submits his turnset, it might not be accepted.

I think this also might apply to one of the players in OSS (100 visitor posts)

Thanks. I've corrected benginal's name - you're quite right, his submission would have been rejected. I've also added LowtherCastle to the OSS team list.

Hello,

I can't load HoF files any more after having installed the BULL mod in my CustomAssets folder.

I can launch a game using BUFFY but if I try to load one from the xOTM kind, I get those 2 messages :
"Load Failed"
"The save you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed"

As a matter of fact, the assets in my mod folder have been changed. Is it that bad ? I thought there wouldn't be any compatibility issues...

To make things complicated for me, BULL install required to replace the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file with another. Which I did. Except I got lazy and did not follow the advice to back it up.
I suspect that is the change that gives me trouble, is that right ?

Any hint as to how to proceed to fix this would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advance !

To make things complicated for me, BULL install required to replace the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file with another. Which I did. Except I got lazy and did not follow the advice to back it up.
I suspect that is the change that gives me trouble, is that right ?

Yes, that is it. BUFFY won't run if the core game DLLs have been modified.

The easiest way to get things back to normal (if you don't have a backup of the files) is to do a complete re-install. Civ IV vanilla, BtS and BUFFY.

There are threads in the BUG forum that will detail how to get BULL running as a seperate install to preserve your core game files.

Alright, thank you very much !

I'll do a complete reinstall, then :)
Hopefully, I'll be a little more careful next time I install a mod...

Or if you're too lazy to run BULL as a seperate install, you can make a copy of the original CvGameCoreDLL.dll and swap between that and the BULL one (just mark the one you're not using) by copy/paste from the assets folder to an outside location (outside the game that is).

It's what I'm doing, a bit cumbersome but within my capabilities.

^^^OR use simple .bat executables to switch between .DLL files in <1 second. Dhoom set me up some .bat files for this and I just had to tweak the locations. Works like a charm. I also use ruff_hi's custom asset switcher tool to quickly switch between copies of my CA folders.

Under 2 months left now! 7-8 weeks will probably fly by! Thought I would point this out as some teams were rushed at end of SGOTM 12.

The GOTM server seems to be a bit unstable over the last 24 hours. If it is down, and you need to exchange saves, please attach them to your team thread, and then upload them later when the server is available again.

Just to let the relevant authorities that T'dr'duzk b'hazg t't are uploading in the thread for now (due to the server issues AlanH is talking about). The current save is 900AD, which was previously loaded to the GOTM server, but inaccessable from there now.

SGOTM progress page has been down for last few hours. Any ideas when this is due back?

SGOTM progress page has been down for last few hours. Any ideas when this is due back?
It is due to Alan's message below. Please follow his guidance regarding saves.

The GOTM server seems to be a bit unstable over the last 24 hours. If it is down, and you need to exchange saves, please attach them to your team thread, and then upload them later when the server is available again.
Alan is working on it, please do the best you can until it is resolved.

I am trying to determine why the server is going down periodically. When it does, and I know about it, I get it rebooted, but until the problem is resolved, you may have periods when you cannot reach it. When that is the case, please refer to my previous post for a workround to keep your team in play.

Sorry, but I have no silver bullet. :cry:

AlanH

I don't know if some teams are storing the save in their thread but we are a month and 3 days left from the deadline and some teams are not even past 1ad yet!!

Question is how confident are teams at meeting the deadline?? You would think 4 months should be enough. hmmm.

Technically, one should have no problem to play 50~100 turns in the last day.:D

Teams have formed their own playing styles, some teams might take serious consideration about micromanagement, which could take longer time to reach the 1AD. Moreover, there are also the RL problems and lack of interest from some team members.

Personally I consider grand strategy much more important than optimal micro.

Top Bottom