News: SGOTM 13 Results and Congratulations

AlanH

Mac addict, php monkey
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
SGOTM 13 - Napoleon's Revenge

Congratulations to Plastic Ducks , One Short Straw, and Gypsy Kings – winners of the laurels. As lowest scorers, One Short Straw also steal the wooden spoons from Fifth Element !

The awards all went to Conquerors, and everyone else should also be congratulated on their Domination victories. The Gold and Silver award dates were separated by a dozen turns, and Gypsy Kings are also noted as the highest scorers.

To give credit where it's due, I have split the teams into groups:
Players - those members who submitted turn sets
Early game players - submitted one or two turn sets early on
Advisers - other members who posted in their team threads

Here they are :goodjob:

Plastic Ducks 490 AD Conquest victory, 195266 points
Players
BornInCantaloup
kossin
Early game players
Duckweed
madviking
srad
Advisers
Snaaty
Compromise

One Short Straw, 670 AD Conquest victory, 91300 points
Players
Dhoomstriker
LowtherCastle
mdy
Mitchum
shyuhe
Advisers
babybluepants
Emperor Peter
RRRaskolnikov
Rusten
ungy

Gypsy Kings, 1265 AD Conquest victory, 214570 points
Players
adrianj
bcool
Grifftavian
mabraham
Ronnie1
Early game player
Thorn
Adviser
da_Vinci

Full results, progress charts, saves and replay listings are available on the Progress and Results Page

Use the Game Replay Page for an animated graphical replay. And visit the Team threads to find lots of useful insights into the games, and analyses of the different strategies.

Congratulations to all the finishers.

Well done to PD on reading that game so well. Also to OSS for now just needing a bronze award to complete their laurel collection.

Well done to everyone else including TNT for their first time out. It has been truly fascinating game and I think all teams had a lot of fun.

Bring on SGOTM 14. :)

Oh and a big thanks to AlanH and all the staff for creating the game and putting up with us all for four months. lets hope you continue to inspire great new games.

Congratulations to the winners, some great games played. :thumbsup:

Looks like conquest was the way to go. :)

Nice work to all the teams for finishing.

:thanx: to the staff for another great game. Appreciate your efforts to challenge us. :goodjob:

Congratulations to everyone! There are interesting things in every thread, the general skill level of teams is improving as a whole imo.

:goodjob:

AlanH, I'd just like to point out that srad did contribute one turn set in our game. Thank you very much for putting up with all of us. :worship:
:thanx:
:beer:

Congratulations to the Ducks for another awesome display! :king:

Excellent game by Gypsy Kings, as well. :goodjob: to all who participated.

Alan - I think you posted the wrong images for the laurels.
You sure that doesn't look ok to you? :lol:

Looking forward to the next game. Perhaps I could step back out of my "adviser" role. :D

I agree with kossin - it seems that the current teams are improving. Helps to have the same groups of players together for a few games.

Congratulations to all. Special kudos to the Ducks for finishing on top once again. :goodjob:

Great game setup, admins. I'm already looking forward to the next one!

AlanH, I'd just like to point out that srad did contribute one turn set in our game

Quite right. Apologies. Corrected.

Congrats Plastic Ducks and Gypsy Kings for great showings!

Nice work to the teams that won a Domination Victory. On a map like this one, it would have been a relatively tedious exercise in patience and dedication! Had you played such a Domination game in an XOTM game, you would have likely won a Fastest Finish Award, simply by the very fact that no one else would have been insane enough to try and compete with you for the Award! ;)

Thanks go out to AlanH, DynamicSpirit, Erkon, and any other staff members involved behind the scenes for bringing us an enjoyable, yet challenging, game! :goodjob:

Congratulations to PD and GK and all the teams!

Thanks to the admins and designers for the game, as always!

So ... no one spotted that I had the silver and gold laurels swapped round when I first posted this thread :blush: Now fixed.

Copy, paste, fail-to-edit yet again!

Congrats to all the finishers and the Ducks to their win!

Alan - I think you posted the wrong images for the laurels.

So ... no one spotted that I had the silver and gold laurels swapped round when I first posted this thread :blush: Now fixed.

Copy, paste, fail-to-edit yet again!

Yes, you just missed it ;)

Again PD & OSS (with GK getting an honourable mention) show that they are just in a different class. :bowdown:

Congratulations to Plastics Ducks for adjusting their Grand Strategy early on and bringing home an early Conquest Victory without Vassals.

Congratulations to One Short Straw for a beeline to Astronomy and a later Conquest Victory that gave Plastics Ducks an amazing small amount of breathing room.

Good show from Gypsy Kings; Congratulations on third place.

Finally, Congratulations to all the teams for winning their Games and finishing before the Deadline.

Thanks to the SGOTM staff for making this Game possible, especially the Scenario Designer, Dynamic Spirit!

Sun Tzu Wu

Top Bottom