Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

Hello Bladex,

Charcoal was known in the Antik (source Wikipedia), for coal I'm not sure because it has to be mined. But there must be some places were it was easy to see and find or how would it have been found at times without our modern devices?
The important point is that if I want to make a difference between coal and charcoal in Civ5 I need to create a specific Charcoal resource.
Building can eventually be coded to use either coal or charcoal but not units (it was possible in Civ 4, one more thing to miss !
Now if somebody can find out since when Mankind is using Coal this would be interessant to know! (i'm to lazy and tired to search right now !)

Snow is only esthetic in the game. Mountains are required to build the ski resort but there is no possibility to bind this building to mountains with snow.
But this could give a great Civ 6 : weather and season changes with consequences for units moves, that would be great !

The aircraft factory is required to build aircraft, only the WWI aircraft do not require it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel
As early as 1000BCE in China.
There's quite a few websites that state it was utilized as early as the Bronze Age. However I couldn't find any real primary/ reputable sources.

Just my opinion, but I bet is was used thousands of years before that. I'm sure Neanderthal utilized charcoal and can only think some bronze age civs would want to try to use coal. but is that really important? I don't think it was really utilized on a grand scale until the industrial revolution by the Brits.

Hulfgar, glad to see you're still giving your mod more attention than the move! btw, I've still got the load screen crashes.

One important thing I forgot to mention :

If you had Industrial Warfare and Hulfgar's Modpack for vanilla Civ5 delete them, there is an incompatibility between my mods when they are installed at the same time, even if not running !

ok, try this file : Technologies.xml

Download, unpack in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Industrial Warfare Gods and Kings Edition ver 6.3 (v 6)\XML and overwrite the old file.

launch a game to see if it's better. I found 2 minor bugs in the tech tree. i don't think they are the cause of your problem but who knows...

If it's not this can you print me a copy of the Lua Console from firetuner please ?

why are the ship attack animations so long? the battleship fires about 8 times!

Sorry, no change with the xml.

edit:
You want a copy of the Lua Console? Is that possible without having the SDK installed? Sounds like you are baiting me to get more involved in modding :lol: Just let me know if that's the case, and i'll install it to help get this to you.

Interestingly, If I don't pre-select the civ's I want in the game (let it be random), then I usually don't get the crash. So wondering if the issue may be tied to a specific civ when loading?

The reason it increases production is because they do some work there, and also because it reduces loss to crime (but makes some people unhappy to pay for it and because of punishments).

As for the coal you are right, it was used fairly early on in history. Of course it wasn't used as extensively as now. I think the coal implementation is great…

Your mod makes civ 5 100 times better, the upgrade in my opinion is greater than when I bought god and kings. I thank you!

hello Bladex,

check the promotions of the tanks : superheavy tanks can't move on jungle and forest, heavy tanks can't move on jungle.
early, light, and medium tanks can but they have a penalty when fighting on those terrains.

Hello Bslade,

yes you will need the SDK to use fire tuner :) But don't worry you will not have to do some modding :)
It's just that the lua console may give some informations that are not available with the database.log file.
Once you have installed the SDK you need to enable the firetuner in the config.ini file (see the 2nd post of this thread to know how to do it).

Interestingly, If I don't pre-select the civ's I want in the game (let it be random), then I usually don't get the crash. So wondering if the issue may be tied to a specific civ when loading?

This is interesting yes!

is there a specific civ that crash for sure if you select it (for you or as an AI player) ?
which DLC do you have installed ?
If you have some specific DLC (Korea for example) did you try to launch the game with the civ from the DLC ?

Plz Hulfgar tell me waht im doing wrong.When i try to launch your map witch your map always is show me table with dont send or sena a report.My gamie version is firlight and it is 1.0.1.705.Maybe i wrong installed beacouse it is installed where is main civilization v folder, I really dont know, PPLLLLZZZZ HELP:):):)

Top Bottom