Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod

The v10 link is included on the steam page alternate downloads.

Fist of all I want to say that is a great mod. I really like the vassalage system! But only problem is this mod conflict with Civ5 Enhanced User Interface v1.28g. I really don't want to choose between this two. Is there any way you can make this mod compatible with Civ5 Enhanced User Interface v1.28g! Again thanks for this awesome mod. @Putmalk

Fist of all I want to say that is a great mod. I really like the vassalage system! But only problem is this mod conflict with Civ5 Enhanced User Interface v1.28g. I really don't want to choose between this two. Is there any way you can make this mod compatible with Civ5 Enhanced User Interface v1.28g! Again thanks for this awesome mod. @Putmalk

To make C4DF compatible with EUI, you have to do the following:

-delete the DiploCorner & TopPanel-files from C4DF
-..as well as the DiploList.lua
-..and the TechButtonInclude.lua
-now go to the tooltips-folder of EUI and overwrite the TechButtonInclude.lua there with my merged version you can find here
(this is from 1.28e, but I think/ hope there weren't any changes since then)

The only small drawback is that you won't see who is whose vassal in the Diplo Overview, but Putmalk said that he might add that to the vassalage overview someday.
In the meantime you can still find this out by initiating a trade and read the tooltip for the vassalage-option (if it is greyed out it will tell you who the master is).

To make C4DF compatible with EUI, you have to do the following:

-delete the DiploCorner & TopPanel-files from C4DF
-..as well as the DiploList.lua
-..and the TechButtonInclude.lua
-now go to the tooltips-folder of EUI and overwrite the TechButtonInclude.lua there with my merged version you can find here
(this is from 1.28e, but I think/ hope there weren't any changes since then)

The only small drawback is that you won't see who is whose vassal in the Diplo Overview, but Putmalk said that he might add that to the vassalage overview someday.
In the meantime you can still find this out by initiating a trade and read the tooltip for the vassalage-option (if it is greyed out it will tell you who the master is).

Wow, super thanks. I really appreciate your suggestion. It works! I really hope Putmalk add the vassalage overview.

Wow, super thanks. I really appreciate your suggestion. It works! I really hope Putmalk add the vassalage overview.

You are welcome! :)
I hope so too!

If you want to increase the EUI + C4DF-experience even further, you can also do the following:

-download this file and put it into C4DF's Images-directory
-now download this file and overwrite the existing one in the LUA-folder

This way you will have a nice EUI-icon instead of the generic one.

I notice that the CBP version I'm using is trying to make "INSERT" commands to add text to a non-existent table. You have a folder dedicated to mainland Chinese, zn_CN, but that table does not exist by default and hence the "INSERT"s will fail.
Either you will need to add an explicit "CREATE" to make this table or just remove those text files and go with the zn_HANT_HK variant which is enabled by default.

Don't know of many mods that use mainland Chinese over the Hong Kong variant but I can't imagine there are many. Anyway, your call, either or.

That's probably because i received a Chinese translation referencing that table, i can double check but I believe there's both.

Does it cause issues?

You'll find

Code:
[3978.796] no such table: Language_zh_CN
[3978.796] In Query - insert into Language_zh_CN('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);
[3978.796] In XMLSerializer while updating table Language_zh_CN from file DB/_TEXT/AllText_zh_CN.xml.

in more and more mods as Chinese modders start providing translations - you'll find it in DLL - VMC and a growing number of other PNM mods.

Does it cause issues?

Provided the translated TXT_KEYs are in a file(s) of their own, no

HTH

W

As @WHoward says, no, it doesn't cause issues, just a minor annoyance when looking through the logs to see things out-of-place.

It seems that this mod creates new leader dialogue when talking to leaders. However, I have some mods with custom dialogue but it seems that this mod is overwriting some of the custom dialogue with its dialogue, like in First Greetings, Greetings, and Trade Requests.

Now I know that this mod adds new functions that require custom dialogue from the mod itself, like the Tech Brokering and Vassalage function, and that some mods do not support those dialogue lines. However, I would like to see the custom dialogue for the lines that would work normally in unmodded Civ.

The main nuisance is that while I'm making trade requests, responding to war cooperation, etc., the custom dialogue of a modded civ is mixed with the dialogue from this mod. While it may not be a huge problem in some mods, there are others where a change in the talking tone just seems way too weird.

I know this is a weird problem, but I'm a guy that likes to read each and every piece of dialogue that everything has to offer; I'm weird like that. Is there a way to tend to the issue?

If further elaboration or clarification is needed I can reply.

It seems that this mod creates new leader dialogue when talking to leaders. However, I have some mods with custom dialogue but it seems that this mod is overwriting some of the custom dialogue with its dialogue, like in First Greetings, Greetings, and Trade Requests.

Now I know that this mod adds new functions that require custom dialogue from the mod itself, like the Tech Brokering and Vassalage function, and that some mods do not support those dialogue lines. However, I would like to see the custom dialogue for the lines that would work normally in unmodded Civ.

The main nuisance is that while I'm making trade requests, responding to war cooperation, etc., the custom dialogue of a modded civ is mixed with the dialogue from this mod. While it may not be a huge problem in some mods, there are others where a change in the talking tone just seems way too weird.

I know this is a weird problem, but I'm a guy that likes to read each and every piece of dialogue that everything has to offer; I'm weird like that. Is there a way to tend to the issue?

If further elaboration or clarification is needed I can reply.

this sounds like a mod load order - maybe the modded civ could make C4DF a reference?

Sorry if this is a dumb question (Im not a modder, I just know how to install them), but is there a way to tweak/configure the mod? I want to change a few things, for example;

1) Make technologies more expensive (right now I can buy technologies from other players by just giving them a few GPT or some luxury resource, I want it to be more challenging)
2) Make the AI more flexible regarding vassalage and wars, so they're more interested in capitulation (becoming vassals) if they're losing war with said player.
3) Make demands actually useful (they have never worked for me, even if I have 5x better army)

EDIT: I found this;
UPDATE GameSpeeds SET 'TechCostPerTurnMultiplier' = 20 WHERE Type = 'GAMESPEED_QUICK';
So setting 20 to 40 will double the tech price?

EDIT2: aand found this;
INSERT INTO Defines ('Name', 'Value') VALUES ('VASSALAGE_CAPITULATE_BASE_THRESHOLD', 100); -- How likely are we to capitulate?
Should I increase or decrease the value to increase the chance of AI offering capitulation in case of losing war?

EDIT3: Found a bug; I was able to get every AI as my vassal by offering them Defensive Pact at the same time. My army wasn't big (3 lancer, 1 musketman and ships you can see in screenshot), so not sure why everyone agreed. Few turns later this happened - https://imgur.com/a/LAKCQ ; A huge army spawned around my capital and instead of notification, there was some missing text (first time I see this) - TXT_KEY_NOTIFICATION_VASSAL_LEVY. The only thing I have changed in configs is how much the tech per turn costs (from 20 to 30).

Out of curiosity, does this mod change the requirements of Domination victory to not include a vassal's capital?

Hey Putmalk,

First, thanks for this mod. I'm really glad to rediscover features that I thought lost for no good reason.

So, I've encountered a bug with a vassal while playing with the full Community Patch set (including your mod) ; plus Quick Turns, Info Addict and R.E.D graphics pack and its add-on disabling units rescaling. None of the later mods having a major impact on the game I suppose.

Here's the situation. I had Greece as a my first vassal ever (and the 50 turns before him being able to break free weren't elapsed), I declared war on Venice, and at that very moment, Alex broke free and I found myself at war with him. It wasn't his own decision since it happened during my turn, but more of an automatic trigger. To be more specific : Alex had denounced me but had a DoF with Venice. Plus, I broke a promise not to attack Venice I had made when moving my troops along the border. At first, I thought Greece's war of liberation was WAD : it would make sense that an oathbreaking overlord entices rebellion. I talked about it in the CBP subforum but was told it was a known bug.

I'm not sure if here is the right place to report, though. Anyway, if it's really a known bug, what are the conditions for it to trigger ? This (completely unexpected) war of liberation was a quite a disturbance to my plans.

okay i am working on a custom scenario in the world builder and i was wondering if its possible vassalage civs in the world builder

hi I'm very new to civ modding. I tried the huge community balance patch and found for every change/feature I liked there was something I hated. I'm trying to build a more ala carte selection of mods. I really likes the map and tech trading in this mod, but I can't seem to get it to work if I have the basic community patch working, yet on steam it mentioned checking out the community patch version which I can't find.

Hi.
Does the mod interfere in any way with the city healilng process? I got a city under attack and it won't heal, only the units in that city. Got "SuperPower ModPack" installed too, without C4DFM city healing works fine. I found a reference in the .dll-file and the source files, but I'm not a programmer, so I can't really understand, how it works in your mod and how to fix it. Little help or advice please :cry:

I know I'm late to the game, but I'm having the same issue as baronjutter above. I've downloaded and installed the Vox Populi large scale patch that includes this mod, but for some reason even though I have the mod installed it doesn't seem to be working. I'm not seeing any of the features in my games, nor am I seeing the options that are supposed to be in the advanced options when setting up a new game. Not sure why it's not working and hoping that someone will still be around and able to help me diagnose what's happening. I'd really love to be able to get this to work and use the diplomacy features in it that are otherwise missing.

EDIT/ UPDATE- nevermind! I figured out what I was doing wrong and feel pretty dumb. Didn't notice or realize that there was a single player game start under the mods menu, and kept backing out to the regular menu to start the game thinking I'd activated the mods. Duh!! :) Mod works fine now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom