Super Power Modpack - Total Conversion

Alright! Thanks for telling me where the text files are. Makes it a lot easier. I have two questions though:

1. Did you make minor changes to some of the already existing strings? Like for example changing a description from +3 Gold to +4 Gold or something like that.

2. When are you going to release the next version? I was just done with the base mod. There is a lot left to translate, like all the new buildings and their descriptions, the units etc. However, the base mod is ready. :)

Greetings.

1, Yes ,there are some changes and they may be separated in different positions. If you want to save time finding them, I suggest you open the NewTextTweak_ZN_CH.xml and you'll find all the string indexes there.

2, No need to be hurry. Take your time.

v4.1 still crashes. It did resolve the settlers not settling if the game was started beyond the Ancient Era.

Tried a game starting in the Information Era with 4 other random civilizations. Game crashed after a few turns. I haven't applied the solution on page 7, but I suspect that might be the solution to these crashes, and not so much about the Korea DLC.

Sorry to hear that, but there seems to be some leftovers in "New Trait and Policies.lua" I've re-edited it and now testing. If it solve the problem I'll update it ASAP.

Tried 4.1 I unsubscribed then re-up'd.
1st Could not load previously saved games CTD'd before the game ever loaded.
2nd Tried A new start got only to turn 100 and it CTD'd (use to get to at least turn 140)
3rd Not a fan of the new work boats seem was to powerful. They never get used up

Not a programmer so I am no help there...need any more info from a base user? Let me know.

What works..I really love..Thanks for the work

Thanks for your feedback.
1, I'm not sure.
2, Sorry to hear that, but there seems to be some leftovers in "New Trait and Policies.lua" I've re-edited it and now testing. If it solve the problem I'll update it ASAP.
3,Yeah I'm still thinking for a better idea. Maybe I could make it spending some time to build the naval improvements.

save game compatable with saves from 4.0 ?
also do we need to d/l all 4 parts again or just super power balance

4.1 mainly fixes bugs. So it should work with 4.0 saved files (but you must not have the modern work boat unit because it is removed in 4.1)
You need to d/l all of them again.

Hello Lincoln

First off, thanks for all your hard work and patience with the bug reporting for this mod, sincerely you're doing great work.
Second, in response to your last few posts about the texture errors people are getting (myself included) the problem remains even if Conquest of the New World DLC is enabled. There is also a Mod or "patch version?" for the same DLC in the mods section of the game which states its version 1 (you can see it by showing DLC mods). As of now, I am unable to run the DLC "patch" mod because it conflicts with the Balance mod and thus everything else. The texture problem is the only thing which seems to persist with me, aside from a CTD which happened the last time I settled my first city.

Thanks again for your help.

Sorry but I'm not sure what problem with your DLC, could you please upload a screenshot of your current enabled DLC in the game?

:sad:I too have been having texture problems of the same kind!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attach...1&d=1406409455
Exactly the same! thank god I'm not the only one! *whew*
Also I do not a have the ability to scroll when viewing the research tree, and crashes the game entirely after a little bit of playing (reason unknown)

Please tell me what are the names of the missing texture so I could find where they are and maybe I could extract them fro mthe game DLC into the mod.

research tree scrolling problem may be caused by other mods changing the UI or tech tree.

[ExpScen_BuildingPortraits64.dss]
[ExpScen_BuildingPortraits45.dss]
[UnitPortraits45_DLC_02.dss]
[ExpScen_UnitPortraits45.dss]

Those are the buggy textures I've found
always preceded by "Unable to Load texture"

I think the error is due to several units/buildings using the exact same texture. The grain mill and granary seem to be in that situation.

Edit: Straden is right. I cannot activate both Conquest of the New World and the Super Power mods together. I do not own Gods and Kings nor many other DLCs. I only use Brave New World and the Mongolia DLCs (I've tried with both of these disabled without success)

crashing worse now after update. 94 turns before 200 turns. so many glitches too. Pyramid built not give me 2 workers. I can still build EVERY Wonder even tho other cultures build them first. actually kinds cool but cheating, lol..im so bummed. now about 24hrs into 4 games i cant finish :(

improvements are amazing, glitches frustrating..keep up the hard work

Also Work boats need to be put to sleep after setting up for fishing/whaling etc even in early ages.

crashing worse now after update. 94 turns before 200 turns. so many glitches too. Pyramid built not give me 2 workers. I can still build EVERY Wonder even tho other cultures build them first. actually kinds cool but cheating, lol..im so bummed. now about 24hrs into 4 games i cant finish :(

Also Work boats need to be put to sleep after setting up for fishing/whaling etc even in early ages.

Pyramid does not grant you two workers any more. You should read the description. Your cities will get a free monument and for each monument they will gain +1 Production. (So I recall)

My game is crashing before Turn 100 as well. :/

Thanks for feedback and please check out the description and civilopedia first. For the CTD problem, maybe you should check the "Known Bugs" Page in the front. There is a patch which may be helpful to solve your CTD problem.

"Still build EVERY Wonder"?!!Sorry but I'm not stupid enough to let such simple mistake happen after such development.

[ExpScen_BuildingPortraits64.dss]
[ExpScen_BuildingPortraits45.dss]
[UnitPortraits45_DLC_02.dss]
[ExpScen_UnitPortraits45.dss]

Those are the buggy textures I've found
always preceded by "Unable to Load texture"

I think the error is due to several units/buildings using the exact same texture. The grain mill and granary seem to be in that situation.

Edit: Straden is right. I cannot activate both Conquest of the New World and the Super Power mods together. I do not own Gods and Kings nor many other DLCs. I only use Brave New World and the Mongolia DLCs (I've tried with both of these disabled without success)

I highly suggest you to install the Gods and Kings DLC if you want to play with this mod. Otherwise the mod will get very unstable since it uses many aspect from G&K DLC. Also I think Conquest of the New World requires G&K DLC to run.

Pyramid does not grant you two workers any more. You should read the description. Your cities will get a free monument and for each monument they will gain +1 Production. (So I recall)

My game is crashing before Turn 100 as well. :/

You may check the "Known Bugs" in the front page. I've just uploaded a patch. You may try it to see if it could help you to get through the CTD turns. Best of luck.

A Patch to fix Unexpected Research Overflow or CTD -- Need Help

Thanks to the help from cocoleche, I think I may find out where the problem is. It also a cause of CTD during AI turns. It has something to do with the "military caste" policy which award bonus science. When the player just finished researching a Tech and no new Techs in the queue, a unit is built now will cause the beakers to overflow for human players and CTD for AI.

Now I'm testing with the code and I'll update it ASAP if it solve the problem. However you may help me to test it to speed up the process:

(1)Please download the file attached here, unzip it and replace the SuperPowerBalance\Lua\New Trait and Policies.lua.

(2)Then go back a few turns before the CTD or research overflow and see if it could pass. Please tell me whether it work or not. Thanks!

When I click and download it gives me a .php file whick I open and it looks like 'machine code'? Is that what you want placed as the new .rar file?

Sorry if I seem like a Newb I am

Thanks Alan

You may check the "Known Bugs" in the front page. I've just uploaded a patch. You may try it to see if it could help you to get through the CTD turns. Best of luck.

I think it worked! Currently Turn 228 and no crashes whatsoever.

To all those with missing graphics:

I have all DLC's and I never encountered any missing graphics so it's most likely tied to that.

I can't confirm the "I can build all wonders even if they have already been built" bug. That never happened to me as well.

I only had CTDs and those seem to be fixed with the new lua file.

Hey, I think this bug has been reported a few times but you were unable to look at them due to DLC issues. When I start a new game it will run for at least 100 turns but at a random point it will crash and when I restart the save it will always crach on the smae turn.

Game:
Washington
Huge
10 AI's
14 City States
Warlord difficulty
all victory types except Time
Starting Era: Ancient

I have BNW and G&K installed and enabled
Please help, every game I play with different options this happens.
Thanks

[EDIT]

I turned off all of my DLC's except for BNW and G&K.
Everything seems fine so far but there is no scroll bar on the tech tree and sometimes when I start a new game I have a free cultural polocy sign above my next turn button and if I right click on it, it doesnt go away.

Thanks again

[EDIT 2]

I managed to fix both poblems by restarting a couple times. I don't know how I did it. But now when I try to open my latest save it begins loading and gets to the point where the cursor changes from the globe to the normal cvilization cursor and then the whole game crashes. I have checked the size of the save file and it is normal. Any help would be great

Thanks again

Hello!
First of all, really nice concepts in this mod, makes the game fresh again.

This is what happened in my game. It crashed at the same turn, 197, and same action by the AI (Caravel attack on one of my cities by the mongols). Then I updated the mod to 4.1 and got past that action, and played maybe 50 turns more (I'm at turn 240). After saving and exiting and starting up a little later my savefile is only 12kb and the game won't load, allt he autosaves are also 12kb. Did I read the troubleshooting right, that all you can do is startover? Is there really nothing else that can be done? How common is this? Been sinking quite some time into my game and it sucks huge ***** that I won't be able to continue?

Hey I kept having the game crash on the AI's turn, I installed that lua file fix and it seems to be working fine now.

Top Bottom