Advanced Air Units - V1.0 - ALPHA

I'm assuming you made a new mod.

Try either of these.

#1 - In your video options, turn OFF - GPU Texture Decode

If that doesn't work

Recompile the mod in modbuddy, but make sure no other programs are running (especially any program that uses Java, like Whoward's modbuilder.jar)... I have had mods successfully compile with modbuilder running, but when going in game the art files are all messed up.

#3 - make sure your art files are VFS=True in modbuddy (if you don't know what that means let me know, i'll walk you through it)

Ah Interesting, I'll give that a go, thanks labriejp legend cheers

EDIT: Thanks labriejp I fixed it, Your help was/is invaluable again thanks, I been trying to fix this for awhile and nothing had been working :beer:

Ah Interesting, I'll give that a go, thanks labriejp legend cheers

EDIT: Thanks labriejp I fixed it, Your help was/is invaluable again thanks, I been trying to fix this for awhile and nothing had been working :beer:

No problem! Happy to help:goodjob:

Lol - Onmy6 - you are correct. However it will be missing features of the air mod.

A better bet is to figure out which of your mods use a modded DLL file (do a search in the mods directory for *.dll)

Of those mods that you actually use, you can try going into the .modinfo file of said mod, and delete the line requiring the .dll file for all mods except 1 of them. Then all your mods can run off of 1 DLL if it's the same modded DLL file.

For example, I use WHoward's v.66 modded DLL which I believe is the latest version of his modded DLL's.
On my next patch, I plan to upgrade to one of his modded DLL's that allow for extra civilizations to be added, much like the YNAWMP that allows all civs to be played at the same time. (his DLL has the same features)

Legend as always labriejp, downloading 7.3 now. You spit them out that fast I never get to finish a game, can't help myself gotta play the new one lol.

p.s. Any chance of seeing a "Douglas A-4 Skyhawk" sometime in the future
hang on a minute is that one I see or is that the Douglas F-4 Phantom?

F-4 - I don't believe the art for the A-4 exists.

If you check the AAU steam page for the change notes, you don't neccessairly need to d/l the newest version. For instance in 7.3 the biggest change was fixing unit flag icons (I had to fix almost every single unit to get rid of the stupid settler flag) - that could have waited until your next new game.. lol, but yeah, while the mods are in alpha and beta I like to spit out the updates as I do them.

When the mod goes "stable" at the end of the month, you probably won't see updates but maybe once a month or couple months.

If you want, hit me up on steam as labriejp, and I'll invite you to the private pre-alpha testing of my new Advanced Naval Units mod before it goes public.. up to you.

Oh my, naval units now, I'm getting a euphoric rush just thinking about it. "Bloody Awesome Mate" as they say here in New Zealand. Air units, Naval units my God man when will the carnage end, lol can't wait :thumbsup:

If anyone is following this thread, Advanced Naval Units is now available via Steam Workshop and on CivFanatics

I downloaded the latest version (7) for my Mac's Civ 5 Campaign Edition. It appears that the mod is making it so i can't select modded civs except for the colonialist legacies ones. Could you please do a fix for that? Also when I downloaded the new Naval Units mod pack (version 1.0), It made it so that the tech tree could not be scrolled. Is that a problem with the dll? And if it is, could you make a non-modded dll just like you did for Air Units? That would be great!

I downloaded the latest version (7) for my Mac's Civ 5 Campaign Edition. It appears that the mod is making it so i can't select modded civs except for the colonialist legacies ones. Could you please do a fix for that? Also when I downloaded the new Naval Units mod pack (version 1.0), It made it so that the tech tree could not be scrolled. Is that a problem with the dll? And if it is, could you make a non-modded dll just like you did for Air Units? That would be great!

Hi there, well I can't help with the Mac because I don't have one, so I can't provide support for it. It sounds more like a mod conflict with the colonial legacy mod with my mod, than fixing my mod. I tried to make it compatible, but I can't the colonial legacy mod might change too much that I'm trying to change. My mod does work with other custom civ's, I just haven't got it to work yet with Colonial Legacy type mods, and honestly it's not a priority right now, as I have other things to do with this mod.

For the Naval units mod, it doesn't have a DLL, it relies on the DLL from Advanced Air Units. It should work just fine with the non-DLL version of AAU. I did not change anything on the tech tree in the Naval mod, so again that sounds like a conflict. Advanced Air Units does add some technologies, but if you are not having a conflict with it and the tech tree it has to be another mod conflict.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but mods breaking other mods is a risk in Civ 5, which is why I make my mods so big to include all that I can.

Ok nevermind. I just booted up the mod again a few days later and everything's working fine. Sometimes this stuff happens with mods. It's weird on macs sometimes.

My game keeps crashing in mid-game with the advanced air units mod. I use non-moddel dll version 7 and naval units mod v2. GPU texture code disabled(my gpu doesn't support it anyway), VSync disabled and on lowest possible config. I updated my GPU drivers, dxdiag says it's latest. What can I do? Without this mod or any other mod, the game never crashed before.

Spec: Windows 7 64bit, 8GB ram. AMD Radeon m7500/m7600.

mid game crash.. I have been having weird graphics stuff happen with my ground units mod on my laptop, but my super beefy desktop runs it all fine. It might be that the mod is too much, or add's too much, or a texture/mesh is screwing things up.

I don't know why it's crashing. Maybe try placing every single aircraft via IGE (in game editor) and see if one of them causes the crash

You have ground units mod as well? Any chance we can try that? :p

Well I certainly look forward to it to complete the air and sea collection!

Yeah, once all 3 are done, I'm going to combine them into 1 big megamod, but still keep them separate for those that might just want planes, or ships or tanks.

Hi
playing your mod ( all units together, downloaded from Steam ). i enjoy it very much. it reminds me of my mod I created so long time ago for CIV4 - http://maxriga.civfanatics.ru/Units.htm

if you want you can contact me and it will be my pleasure to advise and help you how to make your mod more enjoyable to play. PM me if you up to continue working on it.

thanks for the great mod!

Top Bottom