[MODMOD] Thal´s FlagPromotions for CPP

Barra

Chieftain
Since there was some intrest in a revive of Thal´s FlagPromotions for the CommunityPatchProject AND Vanilla Vers.
Here it is...

Update: Firstly I wanna thank Lynnes and Serp for their continious support on this thread! :thumbsup:
Since my time is very limited I want to link Lynnes post #66 in this thread, so he has a "mainpage" to post further updates, if he wants to...

Please click here for the newest Version of Thal´s FlagPromotions:

Updates

I updated it with focus on the community patch project and balancepatch, but it should work without the balancepatch and even without the community patch at all.
It also works with EUI too.

I just cut down Thals CEP to the essential needs of FlagPromotions.

Should been a pretty clean version now, almost all icons are sorted and there should be nomore unneeded code left :goodjob:

Please tell me if you find an icon which isnt shown and should be, or is shown but with wrong icon!

So feel free to use it...at your own risk ;)

All credits go to Thal and all guys involved in developing this gem!

OBSOLETE :

ChangeLog:

Vers. 1.66
- fixed missing expansion2_promotion32.dds
(Maybe the 64 and 256.dds ones are not working too, atm the IngameEditor does not work with the cBp, so its hard to test ;) )

Vers. 1.06
- should work now standalone with the vanilla Vers.(Without any changes needed)
- works with the CommunityPatchProject files (ofcourse ;) )
- added promotions of the Kris-Warrior from indonesia
- removed some unnecessary log-spamming lines of code. THX @enginseer
- fixed a bug regarding the naval-promo-stacking THX @serp
- renamed the mod folder to avoid possible win10 problems THX @serp
- Whowards Airbase mod. compability

Vers. 1.05
- rearranging/hiding/showing of almost all promos...done :)
- some new icons
- fixed minor bug in the code for the navalPromo stacking (Lighthouse, TreasureFleet, mobility, navalTradition)
- navalPromo code for flexibel TooltipStacking added

Vers. 1.04
- hiding most of the obvious/Standart unit promotions medieval-era till information-era
- new Icons for some promos earned through wonders and policies
- some code for stacking promos which arent in Ranklist and are independent from eachother, i.e.= Morality, GreatLighthouse, Naval_Tradition (all give 1 movement and sight for naval units, but you can have one without the other)

Vers. 1.03
- Added promotionFlagIcons for barb only promos
- Hiding most of the obvious/Standart unit promotions till medieval-era, i.e. the embarkation promos

Attachments

• Thals FlagPromotions.jpg
    Thals FlagPromotions.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 32,734
  • Thals FlagPromotions166.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 3,809
Hi Barra,
Thanks for all the great work!
After some playtesting:

1. The CAT_PromotionOrder.sql shouldn't be removed? It's should be quite useful in organizing the display order of the icons.

2. ExCE's icon is missing. The .dds files should be added back to the library.
It's under
JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded (v 6)\Attrition\Art\IconAtlas

3. Some of Gazebo's new icons are missing too. Like Golden Age Points from kills.

1. The CAT_PromotionOrder.sql shouldn't be removed? It's should be quite useful in organizing the display order of the icons.

2. ExCE's icon is missing. The .dds files should be added back to the library.
It's under

3. Some of Gazebo's new icons are missing too. Like Golden Age Points from kills.

@#1 I will add it back...but I don´t have seen any difference, with or without the file, all promos have a promotion-order per default.

@#2 it´s probably a load order issue, try to add ExCE to the dependencies @ 'Thal´s FlagPromotions-CPP Vers.modinfo'

I will adress this later, atm I´m looking into hiding some unwanted promotions, btw. the stacking problem of non numeric upgrades is solved, it was so obvious :hammer2: (will add the stacking change as soon as I have discovered how to hide the unwanted promos!)

@#3 help me which promo and/or nation/unit uses it ?

Why can't i use it without the community patch?
Is there any way to use it without the CPP?

YES,

you can ;)

just delete the dependencies in the modinfo file
(the dependencies are necessary for the mod-loadorder)

I have deleted it for you, pls look at the attachment, replace it within the modfolder.
It should work fine, but atm I focus on the CBP vers.

Have Fun :goodjob:

Edit: removed file, pls. see first post

YES,

you can ;)

I have deleted it for you, pls look at the attachment, replace it within the modfolder.
I should work fine, but atm I focus on the CBP vers.

Good job I think I tried using this ages ago in its original form but it would not work.

So does this mean we don't need any of the required mods or does it still require the .dll in the CP at the very least to work?

Good job I think I tried using this ages ago in its original form but it would not work.

So does this mean we don't need any of the required mods or does it still require the .dll in the CP at the very least to work?

No you dont need CPP, its a standalone mod ;)
As such it should work with all STANDARD-Promos!
Maybe you get some minor missingfiles/hookup errors in the lua log, but it should be nothing you as gamer should notice when you play.
There should be NO .dll dependencies!

Like I said, the dependencies in the modinfo file are just to make clear that FlagPromotions is loaded AFTER the CPP mod.
It´s because FP changes some Game-files, which are also changed by CPP.

ATM Im looking into the replacement of all wonder-/Ideologie-/WC- and policie-promotion icons with "real/own" symbols, not just a triangle.
Artworks of 16 and 45 images like the attached ones are highly appreciated :worship:

Attachments

• Artwork samples.rar
    12.4 KB · Views: 191
YES,

you can ;)

I should work fine, but atm I focus on the CBP vers.

Thank you so much!

I only use the community patch(the actual community patch, not the CBP and the diplomacy mods) and EUI. So it should work, right?
Sorry for disturbing you, I really want to use this mod.

Thank you so much!

I only use the community patch(the actual community patch, not the CBP and the diplomacy mods) and EUI. So it should work, right?
Sorry for disturbing you, I really want to use this mod.

Its no problem BUT with the modinfo file I had attached for you, stacking of promotions probably not work, use the original modinfofile ,

open it with i.e. Notepad++ search for

Code:
    <Dependencies>
    <Mod id="d1b6328c-ff44-4b0d-aad7-c657f83610cd" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Community Patch" />
    <Mod id="8411a7a8-dad3-4622-a18e-fcc18324c799" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Community Balance Patch" />
    <Mod id="eead0050-1e3f-4178-a91f-26cf1881ac39" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="CSD" />
    <Mod id="47dd6204-89ab-4cf6-af4f-1327d2ce584c" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="C4DF" />
  </Dependencies>

and delete

Code:
    <Mod id="8411a7a8-dad3-4622-a18e-fcc18324c799" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Community Balance Patch" />
    <Mod id="eead0050-1e3f-4178-a91f-26cf1881ac39" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="CSD" />
    <Mod id="47dd6204-89ab-4cf6-af4f-1327d2ce584c" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="C4DF" /

Then it should be fine ;)

Hi :)

Can you explain, why this mod is depending on C4DF, CSD and Community Balance Patch ?
How can I play with this as a standalone? I'm able to do changes in .lua or xml, so would be great, if you can hint which things depend on what :)

I use EUI 1.26a. I think this would be an additional problem.

edit:
- And I think, if I play with mods which add new promotions, these promotions have to be added to FlagPromotions?
- Do you know, where I can see all promotion symbols and their portraitindex from vanilla game?

The CBP changes some mayor promos like drill.
To be sure FP gets the right promo names and pictures , from CBP it is important to load/activate FP after the CBP, the easiest way to reach this goal is to make FP depends on CBP , for a howTo remove or alter the dependencies see the previous post.
The usage of EUI should be no problem at all.

Yes when you use a mod which uses his own promos you propably need OWN 16 pixelPerInch icons, to prevent doubleusage of the existing and limited items

I will adress a little how to later, give me some time civV modding is kinda new for me

FlagPromotions is Standalone IF you delete/alter the dependencies in the modinfo file ;)

FlagPromotions is Standalone IF you delete/alter the dependencies in the modinfo file ;)

I already removed the depencies, but when try starting it (with EUI), there are no flags at all over the units ;) And if you select a unit, no control panel will appear.

I also tried it wihtout EUI. Just the normal .279 version BNW game with your FlagPromotions version enabled. The flags are there, but the unit control panel does not show up.

I already removed the depencies, but when try starting it (with EUI), there are no flags at all over the units ;) And if you select a unit, no control panel will appear.

I also tried it wihtout EUI. Just the normal .279 version BNW game with your FlagPromotions version enabled. The flags are there, but the unit control panel does not show up.

Yes sry, my mistake, pls replace the attached file with the existing one. (Its no EUI fault)

As soon as the next update is ready, I will post 2 Vers. , a Vanilla(EUI) one and the CBP one...

Attachments

• CAT_AlterTables.rar
    1,016 bytes · Views: 229
Yes sry, my mistake, pls replace the attached file with the existing one. (Its no EUI fault)

As soon as the next update is ready, I will post 2 Vers. , a Vanilla(EUI) one and the CBP one...

thanks! :)

seems to work, except alot prints like this in lua.log:
UnitFlagManager: IconHookup error - icon index: 8 icon size: 16 atlas: EXPANSION2_PROMOTION_ATLAS image control: Promotion1

Yes its cause there are no 16 pixel icons, you have to create them, im working on it but holidays are now over so it will slow down the progress a lot

another Update available...

Changelog Vers. 1.04

- hiding most of the obvious/Standart unit promotions medieval-era till information-era

- new icons for some promos earned through wonders and policies ( I have some new icons left to replace some other wonder/policie/ideology/belief/civSpecific promos but not linked yet, you can find it at the "unused" folder, rember the flagPromotion icons above the unit flags need to be 16ppi)

- some code for stacking promos which arent in Ranklist and are independent from eachother, i.e.= Morality, GreatLighthouse, Naval_Tradition (all give 1 movement and sight for naval units, but you can have one without the other)

Top Bottom