The Enlightenment Era

I'm fairly bitter about you overlapping our interests with the Explorer and Surveyor, so you could at least not suggest that the overlap should be made more pronounced, and instead direct such a thought to ExCE's thread, where it might be implemented. Thanks to your prompt which demands ExCE's tribes be re-shuffled, I'll be needing new features :p
In that case sorry, anyone wanting to modify the Surveyor or Explorer beyond the scope of this mod should go to the ExCE thread instead and discuss there.

I know that, but there is no Renasissance main cavalry unit now, why not fill this gap?
The Knight comes right at the end of the Medieval Era and the Cuirassier comes right at the beginning of the Enlightenment, so I don't really think there's enough room in there for another. The Knight serves as the main cavalry in the Renaissance, otherwise it obsoletes too quickly.

Hey, don't you have Summer Palace icon? Why you no show in the Tech Tree?
Because I wanted to wait until I got Jan's Versailles icon to update the Wonder atlas

So, is EE still on track for later this September or has the release been pushed further back? Also, is it possible to have a EE Eras mod? (Like the ones made by BlouBlou)

So, is EE still on track for later this September or has the release been pushed further back? Also, is it possible to have a EE Eras mod? (Like the ones made by BlouBlou)

As for myself, a Wild Nile Civs and a Wild World War One Civs appeared while I was walking through the high grass, and remaining EE art has been put aside for the time being. I don't know whether that art is what still remains to be done, but I'd suspect the development has been pushed forward by a bit. There is a glimmer of hope that I have enough time to go back to EE art before September ends.

For support's sake, how would I change a building to replace say... the Weigh House instead of the Bank?

Pretty much the same as in the OP and the support file linked within, only instead of Unit in the relevant areas it's Building, and the codenames change accordingly:

Mod support (for Modders):
In order to add support for the Enlightenment to your mod, first add the Enlightenment as a reference using the below ID:

Mod Title: The Enlightenment Era
Mod ID: ce8aa614-7ef7-4a45-a179-5329869e8d6d

What is needed for support will depend on the nature of your mod, however for a simple unique unit change for a civ historically set within the Enlightenment Era you can follow the example code written by Sukritact here in order to change the unique unit of a civ to a more appropriate one within the Enlightenment. As long as the file is properly added (the same way in which an XML file is added to a mod) and the Enlightenment is set as a reference then this format will update the unit to replace one from the Enlightenment. Other stats can also be added easily using the same format, and will only update when the mod is active.

Any chance at a bit of a peek at the part where you define the new Era, and what you had to do to the other eras? So that I can begin to figure what I will need to provide code-accomodation for within my Era Buildings mod ?

And any changes to tech tree code (especially the xy grid placements of the later-era techs)

Pretty much the same as in the OP and the support file linked within, only instead of Unit in the relevant areas it's Building, and the codenames change accordingly:

I understand that much, but is there an area in which we can see what the reference names of the buildings? I don't want to specify WEIGHHOUSE only for it to be WEIGH_HOUSE or something of the sort.

Any chance at a bit of a peek at the part where you define the new Era, and what you had to do to the other eras? So that I can begin to figure what I will need to provide code-accomodation for within my Era Buildings mod ?
What sort of thing do you have in mind? I've just updated the Eras XML file with ERA_ENLIGHTENMENT added in between Renaissance and Industrial - TXT_KEYs of the Eras post it have been moved down one, so the Industrial era is now TXT_KEY_ERA_5 instead of TXT_KEY_ERA_4 but I think that's about it.

And any changes to tech tree code (especially the xy grid placements of the later-era techs)
Everything from the Industrial era onwards has been moved two columns to the right

I understand that much, but is there an area in which we can see what the reference names of the buildings? I don't want to specify WEIGHHOUSE only for it to be WEIGH_HOUSE or something of the sort.

It'll always be TYPE_EE_NAME with underscores instead of spaces, so for the Weigh House it's BUILDING_EE_WEIGH_HOUSE

So does this seem reasonable (except for the fact I don't have a valid EE techname to use yet) for shifting the position of my dummy techs for Industrial+ Eras when the EE mod is also running?
Code:
-- Insert SQL Rules Here 

UPDATE Technologies 
SET GridX = GridX + 2
WHERE Type = 'TECH_LRSDUMMY_INDUSTRIAL'
AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Technologies WHERE Type = 'TECH_EE_SOMETHING_OR_OTHER');

UPDATE Technologies 
SET GridX = GridX + 2
WHERE Type = 'TECH_LRSDUMMY_MODERN'
AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Technologies WHERE Type = 'TECH_EE_SOMETHING_OR_OTHER');

UPDATE Technologies 
SET GridX = GridX + 2
WHERE Type = 'TECH_LRSDUMMY_POSTMODERN'

UPDATE Technologies 
SET GridX = GridX + 2
WHERE Type = 'TECH_LRSDUMMY_FUTURE'
And I am assuming you have not altered Era XML-names, just shifted their ID#s as a result of EE-mod so that the following will still give me the valid and correct ID# assignments in my lua table:
Code:
local MasterEraDesignations = {}
MasterEraDesignations.ERA_ANCIENT = GameInfoTypes.ERA_ANCIENT
MasterEraDesignations.ERA_CLASSICAL = GameInfoTypes.ERA_CLASSICAL
MasterEraDesignations.ERA_MEDIEVAL = GameInfoTypes.ERA_MEDIEVAL
MasterEraDesignations.ERA_RENAISSANCE = GameInfoTypes.ERA_RENAISSANCE
MasterEraDesignations.ERA_INDUSTRIAL = GameInfoTypes.ERA_INDUSTRIAL
MasterEraDesignations.ERA_MODERN = GameInfoTypes.ERA_MODERN
MasterEraDesignations.ERA_POSTMODERN = GameInfoTypes.ERA_POSTMODERN
MasterEraDesignations.ERA_FUTURE = GameInfoTypes.ERA_FUTURE

What's the status quo on this project? It looks so close to completion, the wait is killing me!

I'm itching to bring my 'enlightened ideals' to the dark continent of Africa as a certain sea-faring, railroad-constructing, imperialistic European nation!

Has any thought been put to a Era Splash Screen yet? A quick google search shows a few nice possibilities;

Spoiler :

Janboruta drew the Enlightenment Era splash art in today's stream, actually, so that has been taken care of.

Okay, so just a quick update - work is coming along nicely, and was nearing completion when we decided to redo the naval melee line. So now England is getting a new UU and the Ship of the Line is becoming a generic melee unit. Thankfully all the art is done now though, so it's only going to be me you can blame for holding up the release now - I'll try and get it done soon, but 3 essays in 10 days might beg to differ.

Will England get the grand carrack? Please?

Top Bottom