The Enlightenment Era

Art-wise? I could always do another icon when time permits, thus liberating the vanilla asset for another French civ (Henry IV? :p).

Sukritact also made the Kronborg splash screen if I recall correctly, and it is mighty fine!

No, it hurts my political sensibilities to see the Manor at Sovereignty - the epitomy of the de-centralized, feudal system of statehood antithetical to everything else the tech is about. The art is fine. But I adapt it in C&C, so I'm just complaining out of bitterness on the timing of the release.

Too true! I thought Sukritact had contributed, browsed through the splash screens, but could not distinguish and so wasn't certain, so that can only be a good thing :D

No gods, no kings, only enlightenment.

Can't wait to get started. :)

Yet, Kings were never more powerful :p God second less to today.

As much as I'd love to do this, I have a feeling that it's hardcoded and thus impossible without a DLL mod, which is a bit more heavy than what I was going for with this mod.

You could use the old code for JFD's Turks, since they used to auto upgrade all units when they reached their obsolete tech. It couldn't be too hard to make this apply to just the scouting line, right?

Yissssssssss now I don't need to prepare for the history test!!! :lol:
(Though using Latin here is kinda ironic)

You could use the old code for JFD's Turks, since they used to auto upgrade all units when they reached their obsolete tech. It couldn't be too hard to make this apply to just the scouting line, right?

What is this about? You can easily force upgrade units in Lua.

Yissssssssss now I don't need to prepare for the history test!!! :lol:

That's pretty clever, Natan.

No, it hurts my political sensibilities to see the Manor at Sovereignty - the epitomy of the de-centralized, feudal system of statehood antithetical to everything else the tech is about. The art is fine. But I adapt it in C&C, so I'm just complaining out of bitterness on the timing of the release.

Eh, I would assume we placed it there for the sake of it being unlocked at roughly historically accurate time rather than out of the tech's symbolism. And in the context of absolutism - the Kings still had their faithful nobles and cronies settled in manorial estates, super-absolutist centralised France being no exception. It's more about a diplay of wealth rather than - necessarily - decentralisation.

Too true! I thought Sukritact had contributed, browsed through the splash screens, but could not distinguish and so wasn't certain, so that can only be a good thing :D

Indeed, and it embitters me to see that my stuff doesn't blend into the game as well as his. :p

That's pretty clever, Natan.

While I get the irony, I was still in the mindset that people used AD-prefixed dating pretty often in print during the 1700's, despite the (seemingly) growing godlessness. :p

Eh, I would assume we placed it there for the sake of it being unlocked at roughly historically accurate time rather than out of the tech's symbolism. And in the context of absolutism - the Kings still had their faithful nobles and cronies settled in manorial estates, super-absolutist centralised France being no exception. It's more about a diplay of wealth rather than - necessarily - decentralisation.

Manoralism in the Renaissance? What manner of runcible spoons are you chewing, good sir? :p To represent all those things without also referencing a bygone system it should've been called an Estate. Would also reference the Estates of the Realm to boot!

Good idea! I'll rename it in my local copy of EE, as I would assume that the powers that be won't be willing to accomodate the request :p

Also a request to anyone playing or testing the mod: please let us know if your new wonder splashes and wonder quotes work properly. I ran into some problems with them, namely some splashes can't be loaded, and the Smithsonian's wonder quote doesn't play. It is likely a lack of proper reference within the mod, or a renaming problem, but any confirmation would be appreciated - just so we know it's not an isolated case.

Wasn't he referring to playing CIV instead of studying? :mischief:

(Now I know my history teacher wasn't bluffing :lol:)

My Goodless, where did these two posts came from?
(I had to)

@Pouakai

I just did a little modification on Skirmisher's unit model, I remove the bayonet from his gun, to make it more similar to its unit icon and make it more difference to thw Line Infantry.

Hope you will like it.

P.S.
I also make its texture not so "shinny" by save the .dds file in 'Explicit Alapha(DXT3)' format rather than 'Interpolated Alapha(DXT5)' .

Some other unit models in EE are too shinny too.

Attachments

• Skirmisher.rar
    100.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Civ5Screen0177.jpg
    Civ5Screen0177.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 866
@Pouakai

I just did a little modification on Skirmisher's unit model, I remove the bayonet from his gun, to make it more similar to its unit icon and make it more difference to thw Line Infantry.

Hope you will like it.

P.S.
I also make its texture not so "shinny" by save the .dds file in 'Explicit Alapha(DXT3)' format rather than 'Interpolated Alapha(DXT5)' .

Some other unit models in EE are too shinny too.

Awesome work! I will save the other textures wth the explicit alpha as well - thank you for the heads-up, I always forgot what was the difference in game. Amended unit textures should be included in the nearest update.

What is this about? You can easily force upgrade units in Lua.

I think this was in reference to my (very old) post where I was whining about having to trek my Scout units all the way back to my territory to upgrade them. I was hoping there was a way to do it in the field instead.

EDIT: My posts 28 & 30 on August 25th, Pouakai's response post 56 on August 28th.

I think this was in reference to my (very old) post where I was whining about having to trek my Scout units all the way back to my territory to upgrade them. I was hoping there was a way to do it in the field instead.
Oh, you can't force the UI to enable upgrading outside friendly territory without breaking compatibility with other stuff, but you do can force an unit to upgrade with lua (You just can't hijack the upgrade button to do it).

Oh, you can't force the UI to enable upgrading outside friendly territory without breaking compatibility with other stuff, but you do can force an unit to upgrade with lua (You just can't hijack the upgrade button to do it).

So if I understand you correctly, you're saying there's no way to make it so that you can manually upgrade your units outside of friendly territory (via the "star" button on the Unit Panel), but it's possible to make it so that they automatically upgrade once you reach the appropriate tech? I have no problem with that (assuming Pouakai is even interested in adding it as a feature, of course).

I wouldn't want it by default, honestly. I'd keep it an option. I guess that the fact that you are not able to upgrade scouts outside of friendly territory is being offset by their successors' greater sight, movement speed and extra promotions (and ensures you can have veteran explorers right away when built in cities with Barracks and Armories).

What? why would you say that?!

(Pouakai 1, JFD 1)

Top Bottom