The Enlightenment Era

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ITS HAPPENING :D

Man oh man, what a treat this day has been. What better way to make up for a Computations midterm :D

A new era, new JFD Civs and finally, thank you Tarcisimo, we finally have a proper alt leader for Spain :D

Got everything working and now I am here with a bug or oversight or whatever you want to call it.

The Salon does not say it gives a 25% culture boost on it's tool tip, but still does give the bonus.

And something I brought up very early on in the thread, building the Smithsonian Institute in a city with a Salon does not grant a free Academy.

Also a couple of the wonders are not displaying their splash screens. Versailles, the Crystal Palace, and Kronburg were the ones I build that didn't display, while I had no trouble with the Smithsonian and the Wat.

I won't pretend I understood anything or have any idea how to do it, but at least I'm glad it is possible. Could anyone tell me how to do that? It's the corporations mod, by the way, which is quite complex, so I don't know how possible it is.

For each tech that is added, they have an X and a Y position which determines where on the tech tree it shows up - Agriculture has an X position of 0 since it's the first column, and Sailing has a Y position of 0 since it's up the top while Bronze Working is at the bottom and has a Y position of 9. Since we add two columns worth of techs in the mid game, everything that is after it needs the X value of the tech extended by two (so Electricity, which used to have an X value of 10, now has an X value of 12) - for any tech in the Industrial era or later to show up correctly that value needs to be extended by two. It's fairly simple to do, just find the relevant tag (<GridX>) in the tech's entry, and increase it by two.

One of my strategies is to rush through the Renaissance Era to get to the Industrial so that I will no longer spawn Great Prophets and I can start accumulating Faith to eventually purchase Great Scientists when I finish Rationalism. With this mod, do Great Prophets now stop spawning once you reach the Enlightenment Era or still the Industrial Era? Hopefully it's the former, or I'll be wasting a ton of Faith unnecessarily.

One of my strategies is to rush through the Renaissance Era to get to the Industrial so that I will no longer spawn Great Prophets and I can start accumulating Faith to eventually purchase Great Scientists when I finish Rationalism. With this mod, do Great Prophets now stop spawning once you reach the Enlightenment Era or still the Industrial Era? Hopefully it's the former, or I'll be wasting a ton of Faith unnecessarily.

Still seems like it's the industrial era, which makes sense, of course.

Bug Report: The Corporations mod is mis-aligned, with their first new tech being introduced in the enlightenment era. This is, of course, something they need to fix, I just wanted to provide a heads up. As far as I can tell ( so far ) it doesn't break the game.

@Pouakai @Janboruta

I make a cuirassier unit model fight with sword, which looks more similar to the unit icon. No idea you will prefer this one or the gun-using one, though.

Fantastic! I will definitely use it personally - that is what I really wanted from the mod, but I am not skilled in editing 3d models.

@Pouakai @Janboruta

I make a cuirassier unit model fight with sword, which looks more similar to the unit icon. No idea you will prefer this one or the gun-using one, though.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=24364

Fantastic! I will definitely use it personally - that is what I really wanted from the mod, but I am not skilled in editing 3d models.

Glad to see that you like it:D
Sorry that I forgot to use the horse of cuirassier rather than hakkapeliitta, please re-download it.

Your art is awesome!
(Also, why do plantations give one additional gold with that mod? If anything, they should give more production)

Sorry that I forgot to use the horse of cuirassier rather than hakkapeliitta, please re-download it.

Since multiple models can be used in one unit, perhaps Pouakai could use both horse types? That would give the unit a bit of variety.

He could include the gun-using version as well, in fact, then the unit would attack with both swords and guns (like how the vanilla Tercio has both pike- and gun-wielders). No need to have all the unit members exactly the same. :)

EDIT: Also, congratulations on the release, Pouakai - this looks excellent, and I look forward to trying it out! Now, I just have to find time to play a game...

Are you able to at least make EE support the unit rescaling part of RED, even if you don't want to make all the extra models?

Has someone played full game with this? How do the new Techs affect year counting? Is it possible to get all techs before the final turn? Will there be an update to make year counting better (give more turns)?

Top Bottom