Civilization IV Diplomatic Features - Version 11 Update

Putmalk

Deity
Civilization IV Diplomatic Features - Version 11

Link to Steam Workshop

Requires Brave New World

Summary

Civilization IV Diplomatic Features is a modification for Civilization V. The goal is to provide as its title suggests: integrate Civilization IV's diplomacy into Civilization V. Upon the release of Civilization V, many felt it's diplomacy was lacking in several areas, making it feel more "gamey" and less "immersive" as Civilization IV. To help remedy that, my mod adds the following features:

• Sharing Opinions: Players can request for other leaders to disclose their opinions of other civilizations. If agreed, leaders will share their opinions of other leaders, helping players make informed decisions about how to proceed.
  • Map Trading: Explored territory can be shared with other players upon the discovery of Military Science.
  • Technology Trading: Technology can be traded freely amongst civilizations upon the discovery of Scientific Theory. This is an optional feature and can be set to replace Research Agreements, or operate alongside them.
  • Request Help: Players that have Declarations of Friendship with other leaders may ask them for a generous donation (replacing the usual demand). This opens up functionality for players that only existed for CPUs prior to this mod.
  • Generous Offers: Leaders will occasionally gift items to human players if they have a Declaration of Friendship with them.
  • Vassalage: The largest feature of the mod, Vassalage returns from Civilization IV: Warlords. The Vassal System is overhauled from the ground up, and includes a new Vassalage Overview. Vassals are like major puppets for players; a vassal must declare war on his master's opponents, and are subjected to taxes, in exchange for protection from your master. Vassals offer a more unique way to play the game.
  • All of the above features are fully understood by the AI.

This mod hosted here is the standalone, Brave New World version. Gods and Kings is no longer supported.

Version 11 changes

Version 11 adds three additional features: Vassal Liberation, Vassal Taxes, and the Vassalage Overview! In additional, Version 11 features a complete overhaul of AI evaluation of Vassalage, vassal benefits, documentation, and various other minor bug fixes.

Spoiler :

General
  • Revoke Vassalage carried over from Community Patch
  • World Congress: Vassal Maintenance changed to Revoke all Vassals from Community Patch
  • Free Diplomat in Vassal Capital for masters from Community Patch
  • Small levy of units on era change for masters from Community Patch
  • Masters now receive a +33% tourism bonus against their vassals
  • Vassals can no longer be considered for Choose Host or World Leader – but they still become host of the World Congress upon founding it.
  • Death of a Vassal's unit inside his territory now counts for failed protect score
  • Death of a Vassal's unit inside enemy territory no longer counts for failed protect score
  • Notifications related to Vassalage have received an upgrade to be more descriptive.
  • New notification: Vassal is ready to be liberated.
  • Upon capitulation (forced vassalage as part of a peace treaty), the new vassal will reset negative diplomatic modifiers similar to civ resurrection. Voluntary vassals are not affected by this.
  • You can declare war on your vassals, but other teams cannot declare war on your vassals. This provides two options of breaking vassalage: declaration of war, and peaceful liberation (see Vassal Liberation section).
  • Extended range of failed protect score near vassal cities to 3 hexes away.
  • Added a new Vassalage Overview – see the Vassalage Overview section
  • Technology Trading has been moved to Scientific Theory
  • Map Trading moved to Military Science
  • Civilopedia updates for Vassalage to account for new changes

AI
  • AI Vassals can denounce their masters – the weight is determined based on how well you've treated your vassal.
  • AI Masters will never denounce their vassals
  • Retooled AI evaluation on the following:
    • Wants to capitulate
    • Wants to become your voluntary vassal
    • Wants to end vassalage with master
    • Wants to accept human's bid to end vassalage
  • Now evaluate a few flavors (expansion, offense, military training defense, culture, wonder) when determining whether a vassal wants to become a voluntary vassal or not.
    • For example: Ramesses is 22, Enrico is 10, Shaka is -34, Attila is -14
    • Note to modders: if you delete those flavors, then the flavor mod difference for that flavor is 0
  • Common sense evaluation: If an AI is going for diplomatic victory, and the United Nations has started, then they will never accept voluntary vassalage and will attempt to leave vassalage immediately.

New Feature: Vassal Overview
  • In an effect to provide a unified and easy to manage screen for all things related to Vassalage, I have created the Vassal Overview
  • If you have vassals, you can select each one individually to receive more details about them
  • The Vassal Overview provides a concise description of the type of vassalage, how long the vassalage has lasted (and the turn it started) as well as helpful tooltips to provide more meaning to things that can be unclear to the player.
  • On the left side of the Vassal Details box, you can see basic stats (similar to the top panel for your own civ) for your vassal. You can also see what tech they are researching, and how long
  • On the right side of the Vassal Details box, you can set your vassal taxes and view details on how they view your vassalage and why they feel that way. You can also liberate your vassal (when applicable, see Vassal Liberation section)
  • Also updates when you are a human vassal to display details about your vassalage to the master (you do not get such a detailed view)

New Feature: Vassal Taxes
  • You can set vassal taxes on intervals of 5% (from 0%-25%).
  • Vassal taxes are applied per vassal, but distributed evenly amongst teammates.
  • Vassal taxes are calculated at the beginning of the vassal's turn and are a percentage of their gross (positive gold) income.
  • The heavier you tax a vassal, the more they will hate you.
  • AI teammates will never set taxes for human players.
  • AI opponents will set taxes based on a number of factors, including how much they like you, and how both of your financial situations are.

New Feature: Vassal Liberation
  • Masters can now liberate their vassals after a certain period of turns (50 turns on Standard).
  • Liberation of vassals acts as a peaceful removal of vassalage, and grants a huge positive modifier for liberating a vassal
  • You may liberate vassals when eligible through the new Vassalage Overview
  • You may request independence from masters through the new Vassalage Overview
  • AI masters will liberate you if they like you, and they do not deem you a threat to them
  • This is not the same as resurrecting a player, so you will not receive a reset in negative diplomatic modifiers.

Bugfixes
  • Fixed a bug where voluntary vassalage was not being correctly set
  • Fixed a bug where you could call the LUA function DoBecomeVassal() with invalid civs (for example, could set a civ to be a vassal of itself)
  • Reversed the function for canBecomeVassal() to be actually sane. This mostly affects modders:
    • Team1.canBecomeVassal(Team2) now checks if Team1 can become Team2's vassal, was Team2 can become Team1's vassal
  • Added new function CanMakeVassal() which is simply the reverse of CanBecomeVassal()
  • Fixed issue where DealAI did not send offers to revoke human vassals
  • Bugfixes contributed through Community Patch project

UI
  • Complete pass on tooltips on the Diplomacy Trade screen related to "Vassal State", "Capitulation", and "Liberation" in an effort to provide more clarity to the player

Install instruction

Subscribe on the Steam Workshop OR

1. Download mod from Download Links section.
  2. Extract to My Games/Civilization V/MODS/ folder
  3. Delete existing Civilization IV Diplomatic Features install
  4. Open Civilization V
  5. Click MODS, wait for the .civ5mod file to extract

Download Links
Civilization IV Diplomatic Features - Version 11.0.0009 (Most Recent)
Civilization IV Diplomatic Features - Version 11.0.0008
Civilization IV Diplomatic Features - Version 11.0.0007
Civilization IV Diplomatic Features - Version 11.0.0004
Civilization IV Diplomatic Features - Version 10 (OLD VERSION)

Source Code

Source code available here!

Community Patch full version coming soon! That will be the recommended version!

Special thanks to the Community Patch Project for keeping this mod alive and fixing several bugs during my hiatus!

Attachments

• VO_Final.jpg
    VO_Final.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,942
One question re the updated version: Is the dll game-patch-276 compatible?

There have been some problems with older dll mods that hadn't been updated to use the lua API content added in game-patch version ~276, and so were killing lua-mods that used GameEvents.CityConstructed(ownerId, cityId, buildingType, bGold, bFaithOrCulture), GameEvents.CityTrained(ownerId, cityId, unitId, bGold, bFaithOrCulture), etc.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=537056

Yes. Version 11 is actually a complete "rewrite" using the most updated vanilla DLL combined with my changes from the Community Patch DLL. Those events are there.

Looks fantastic! The vassalage screen looks very good.

Cheers!:goodjob:

Hotfix deployment

Version 11.0.4 3/13/16 1:31 PM

Bugs
  • Fixed major bug where you could not select proposals in the World Congress (weren't being read from XML correctly).

Good news! I still be able to use Civilization IV Diplomatic Features (v 11) + Community Patch DLL? Please, explain how they should be used together. In the same way, as was the case with version 10?

There is a separate version bundled with CPP. do not attempt to mix this version with the CPP.

Good work!

You know, Civ 5 is really less less attractive without the vassal system.

Thank you both for your kind words!

I find it very hard to keep updating every instance of a mod page that I have.

I have recently pushed update 11.0.7, with Polish + Chinese translations and very minor bug fixes.

Patch notes can be found on my Steam page, and I will update a link in this OP with the most recent download.

Hey Putmalk,

I was using the standalone C4DF today and noticed that there was no EUI-compatible icon, so I created and added one myself (yeah, I forgot that there's one already included in the EUI compatibility files of the CBP-release :mischief: ).
Well, I just compared them and maybe the frame's inner circle is a bit smoother now.
If you want to have a look (you really can spot the difference in-game only), you can download it here:

c4df_EUI45.dds

There is a crash issue with the latest version that happens with both - the standalone and the 1a-module!

When you start a new game, go to the menu and click on "Restart Game", the game will always CTD.

Standalone Restart Game CTD should be fixed, pushing to (1a) soon.

Woah, this was a quick bugfix!
I'm glad you've been able to sort it out, thank you! :)

I am also using this and some wonder mods.
Unique Policy Buildings (v 4)
Unique Cultural Influence (v 4)
Religion - Improved Customization (v 15)
reform_and_rule__bnw___v_25
Race for Religion (BNW) (v 8)
Quick Turns (v 10)
Policy - Free Warrior (v 9)
LibertyMod (v 3)
JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v 6)
Great Admiral Aquaculture (v 1)
Gibraltar and Reef Optimizations (v 101)
Extra Victory Conditions (v 1)
Expanded Naval Immersion (v 10)
Cities of Marble (BNW) (v 6)
Buffing Byzantium (v 2)
BNW Enhanced Abilities
(4UC) 4th Unique Component (v 7)
(3UC) - 3rd Unique Component (v 7)

Ok,thanks whoward :D And can you just answer me are those mods that i wrote compatible or is one of them making the problem ?

Top Bottom