Civilization IV Diplomatic Features - Version 11 Update

Hey Putmalk, a question for you if you have the time for it. I was thinking about expanding the Patronage policies to include Vassals, so that you'd get various science,opinion and tax/gold bonuses. If I were to do that, I would need to use lua to check the players' policies, then somehow get the related values (I saw stuff like GetYieldPerTurnFromVassals in your code, so that's possible I guess?) and modify them accordingly, right? My knowledge of lua almost only includes staring at the code with blank eyes (and using IsHasPolicy,eheh), so all these are probably harder than it looks, and I can see that panels etc. would also need to properly represent such changes.

All in all, do you think such a thing is possible, or feasible? I heard excessive use of lua can cause performance problems, and as it stands such a mod would run checks every turn for each player, so would that noticeably slow down the game? Thanks.

Hey Putmalk, a question for you if you have the time for it. I was thinking about expanding the Patronage policies to include Vassals, so that you'd get various science,opinion and tax/gold bonuses. If I were to do that, I would need to use lua to check the players' policies, then somehow get the related values (I saw stuff like GetYieldPerTurnFromVassals in your code, so that's possible I guess?) and modify them accordingly, right? My knowledge of lua almost only includes staring at the code with blank eyes (and using IsHasPolicy,eheh), so all these are probably harder than it looks, and I can see that panels etc. would also need to properly represent such changes.

All in all, do you think such a thing is possible, or feasible? I heard excessive use of lua can cause performance problems, and as it stands such a mod would run checks every turn for each player, so would that noticeably slow down the game? Thanks.
The other issues aside, you'd probably be better off using GameEvents.PlayerAdoptPolicy and GameEvents.PlayerAdoptPolicyBranch since those only fire when a player either adopts a policy or opens a policy-branch. Just a note, though, with the standard DLL GameEvents.PlayerAdoptPolicyBranch does not fire when a player adopts an ideology, and GameEvents.PlayerAdoptPolicy does not fire when a player completes a policy-branch. Putmalk's DLL might or might not behave in the same way for those 'hook events'.

I would honestly just use the CP version for additional development since they've solved common issues that'll probably be raised if you try to code on top of this.

This is really intended for steam workshop users who aren't aware of CPP and to make it easier for someone to merge my code into their own DLL in the future. This is really my mod on top of the original source, which I'm told is riddled with bugs.

@Lees
Yes I kinda overlooked that, seems much more efficient way. I noticed that thing about finishers and was just about to ask if I was missing anything, nice to know that.
@Putmalk
Oh I was building upon that anyway, will continue like this than.Thanks all

So, I have a conflict of Mods. I have Enhanced User Interface (EUI v. 1.28g), City State Diplomacy Mod (CSD v.27) and Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod (CIVF v.11) - along others, mostly for new wonders and who doesn't change the interface. If I use EUI and CSD all goes well, but if I include CIVF along I can't see the requests for City States (Shows always as "NONE" except for invading barbaries, and faith, culture and etc for 30 turns). If a city wants me to declare war, to find some other city or Civ, or to destroy a barbarian camp, it doesn't show - either on the side who is show with the EUI, or in the city state interface (when you click on the city state) - nothing. But if I inadvertently fulfill the request, I get the 40/50 influence that comes with it.

So I'm assuming the problem is in the interface part of CIVF, but since I'm not a modder I can't fix alone. Someone can tell me what to do to fix it?

Both CSD and C4DF are DLL mods - and you can only use one DLL mod at a time

Both CSD and C4DF are DLL mods - and you can only use one DLL mod at a time

So there are no way to merge the dll of both of then? or maybe one of then has a non-dll version? I love both mods, I dont want to have to choose between the two.

So there are no way to merge the dll of both of then? or maybe one of then has a non-dll version? I love both mods, I dont want to have to choose between the two.
You can download Vox Populi where you get C4DF, CSD, as well as the CP, CBO and more luxuries and EUI integrated into it as well. However, if you're like me and not a huge fan of the CBO aspect of the mod you can go into the downloads folder for the VP and download an add on of C4DF for the CP only. There is also a stand alone version of CSD no dll buried in the VP thread. It hasn't been updated in many months but I think still works.
For the C4DF add-on
https://mega.nz/#F!LV9QxZ4Y!nlCyP2abCZYr_fwLndtnKA
For CSD no dll scroll down
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=392543

Version 11.0.9 has file "CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion2.pdb", it is a necessary file? That is the only difference between these two versions.
Now I use version 11.0.8, and when I asked the AI to liberate a vassal, nothing happens(

hello,

can you please use a mediafire link for your lastest version, my firefox doesn't let me load the mega link?

Hi everyone!

I don't know if someone will be interested but I translated the mod fully in French.

For add the translation just unzip the file I attached in the folder of the mod (...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Civilization IV Diplomatic Features (v 11) ).

Btw, I guess it will not change much but it's based on the CP version of C4DF.

Enjoy! =)

Attachments

• C4DF_Fr.rar
    21.2 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
For anyone, like me, who's confused about how to track down the "Community Patch" version of this (i.e., not the CBO-dependent version or the standalone), you can find it here: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL . I'm not sure why, if Putmalk committed to the CP version being the "recommended" one, he never uploaded it anywhere (that I can find). The Github one is Gazebo's account, and it appears from other things I've read that he was the one who made the most recent (which was still a while ago) compatibility changes/bugfixes to it.

You'll have to download the entire "master" list on that page if you want to get the whole C4DF folder at once, as there's no way to download the individual folders in bulk. Then you can just extract the things you want from the complete master folder. I have yet to test it and see if it works correctly with only the CPP, and I am sure there are some changes that need to be made to make it work with EUI (I found another post by Lynnes that states which LUA and XML files have to be deleted to make them work together).

Top Bottom