Info on Next Patch

Do we have any information on just when the patch is coming? It's been over a month since the announcement at the beginning of this thread...

I, for one, am eagerly awaiting this patch!

It has to go through Q&A and they're adding a ton of features. This is definitely one of those "when it's ready" type things (although the cynic in me would say the original release of Civ5 was not one of those things ;) ).

It has to go through Q&A and they're adding a ton of features. This is definitely one of those "when it's ready" type things (although the cynic in me would say the original release of Civ5 was not one of those things ;) ).

Especially since it's not being sold, there's no real deadline for "quarter that it must get out in to be able to recognize the revenue for it" sort of financial decision. All there would be is whatever internal deadline that needs to be met so they can keep up their planned schedule of DLC and expansion packs.

Just in case it escaped notice on this thread:

"Update 12/9/2010: Finally, the speculation can end! Today I have the patch release ETA. As you may have heard, we just announced that new DLC will be available to purchase on December 16. I can now confirm to you that the patch will be released before the DLC. The exact release date is still a tad flexible; it could be a couple days before the DLC, it could be an hour before the DLC. But hey, that's why they call it an Estimated Time of Arrival!"

From here

Well, there's an updated list of changes with more detail here.

And to complete my posts to this obsolete thread, new thread here.

Top Bottom