6 player FFA game thread--invite only

I am open to small continents if that's what everyone agrees on. My vote is for fractal, cause I like a little randomness, and a more interesting early game (early contact etc).

City States: I prefer less of them purely to speed up the game processing. I'm not entirely in agreement with you, Islandia--I think they do add something, both in terms of quests, bonuses (culture / food / units) if you can afford them...though in terms of them getting their workers enslaved by players and/or knocked over as early puppets, they're probably a little 'broken' for MP, unless everyone's doing it. Their location can restrict settling options, meaning a player would almost be 'forced' to conquer one or two. I've also enjoyed outbidding other players for a CS's allegiance, and possibly going to war over them / providing them with 'covert' support versus another player.

Will we be picking civs? If so, and if it's small continents, I suggest we ban England. Their frigates are too dominant, in my experience--especially if you're not ready for them (right zalta?). ;)

Navy playing is certainly a big factor in MP, cos we get nothing from SP play. Can we not take England out pls? I want to see how people dealing with human navy:) Also the same reason to keep some CS to have any possibility Enabled

I definitely prefer Fractal for the map type, and I like having the normal number of city states, but having a few less would be acceptable.

I prefer not to have nukes allowed until there is a way to defend against them like there is in Civ4

Having a nuclear free world could be a really good option, especially if we keep this going beyond the first Victory Condition reached.

I definitely prefer Fractal for the map type, and I like having the normal number of city states, but having a few less would be acceptable.

I prefer not to have nukes allowed until there is a way to defend against them like there is in Civ4

No objection here on nuke, since I never built any one before.

I just find city states to be free worker fodder, but if the consensus is to play with them I'll deal with them in my own way :) I'm not that strongly against them. Fractal just lends itself to having some people near each other with some poor schmuck stuck out somewhere. At least with small continents, most people will be stuck in the boonies. I'm okay with no England if we are picking civs. And as for nukes... I think allowing them would be more interesting, because pretty much anyone who first launches a nuke would be asking for retaliation from everyone else. But I don't have a strong opinion here either. So I guess in summary my only real preference is small continents rather than fractal.

Here is my toughts :

No nukes : Alright...hate that :mischief:

Small continents : No England allowed

Fractal : All ok

City States : 33% less of them(if 12 for small--->8), it runs just ok with that number from my experience.

Okay, small continents it is. Next time we'll do fractal.

I like tab's CS formula, sounds good.

Nukes...I like the idea of keeping them in, with the full knowledge that anyone who uses them, or even builds the Manhattan Project, makes themself a pariah state and should expect the others to dogpile on them (with conventional armies) and/or face full nuclear retaliation. I could go either way though--if most vote to not have them when we start up, that's fine.

And I think E wanted England as an option? How about this: England is an okay pick for EEE or Brenador. Banned for all the other bloodthirsty pirates, myself included. :D (I'll be going random anyway.)

Standard speed I guess. Quick is too short for a game like this. Ruins and barbs ON.

Thanks, but I ' m not playing England. What if you randomly get England, I think you should keep on playing as the RNG's wish. That's the return for taking a bit risk of playing random.

Thanks for lumping me into the bloodthirsty pirate category! I prefer to think of myself as a peaceful covetous naval power. I'm willing to go random as well if everyone else is. Otherwise we run into the issue of multiple people wanting to play the same civ.

I'm open to small continents and please have some city states as well - I think they're a nice bonus to have, at least militaristic CS's have brought me some direly needed units in some games where I definitely had less production.

Don't like no nuclear too much, would like to keep em in. Otherwise I'm ready to go a-piratin', although Ottomans are probably even worse than the English overall. :D

Just an FYI. I can confirm that I can be there on Thursday 11 pm PST as well (Friday your time). If you would prefer to start one day earlier let me know.

Hmn, we now have a barbecue going on that first evening, for my dad leaving the next day. It wouldn't be a good look for me to up and disappear at 8PM to go play civ....

Let's stick with the Friday PST / Saturday start. I could always check in on the earlier day, but I'd guess it wouldn't be till at least an hour later....

Next saturday is ok for me. Same hour?(2 am here, friday 11pm PST)

Next saturday is ok for me. Same hour?(2 am here, friday 11pm PST)

Yep, same hour, as you've said. 8pm local in Auckland, on Saturday the 28th.

About 49 hours away, but who's counting? :D

Go to bed, zalta, you have to wake up early. :)

So, head's up everyone: a little over 9 hours away and we start! I'll try to be there 10 minutes early or so. Host...Islandia? Good machine? 'Central' location, anyway.... Or Tabarnak. Hopefully we have no specific player-to-player issues.

See you all later!

I will stick around, as usual. :)

Top Bottom