6 player FFA game thread--invite only

Saturday is ok. I will try for Sunday, if i lose to a poker game :D

Looks like if Islandia agrees Sat we may have a go, or possibly two sessions in two days to be greedier:)

Cool, I'm still free Sat/Sun this weekend.

So, see you guys tomorrow, about 31 hours from now--Saturday/Friday PST.

If anyone knows they can't make it then, now would be a good time to say!

I am sorry, but tonight would not work well for me. I would really prefer to play tomorrow night (or some other time), and if I do play tonight I absolutely cannot stay up past 12:30. However, if I posted this too late, I will play tonight to honor my commitment to finishing this game.

Hmm, yeah, less than 7 hours before the time is pretty short notice. zalta for one, most likely, would've been asleep already in order to wake up to play at the scheduled time.

How about we all show up tonight, a little less than 4.5 hours away, and maybe just get an hour in. And then hopefully we can get a full (2 hour) session in tomorrow night, too.

And, longer term, if we can nail down one day a week that works for everyone (or even two different days that we alternate, week to week), that would really help keep the momentum going.

I agree. Fridays are usually fine for me, I just don't want to stay up too late tonight because I have important plans for tomorrow. I will play tonight if we stop sometime from 12-12:30. In the future, playing every Friday should be fine.

Cool. It'll be good to see our civs again and try to figure out what the hell we were doing. :)

Cool. It'll be good to see our civs again and try to figure out what the hell we were doing. :)

See ya all soon.

Craziness. Little single city Empire of London, with Honor policy, upgrades about 6 SoL and takes down India, then Siam. America warily sits by, waiting for Navigation to come online. Persia, meanwhile, takes the initiative and is able to send his frigates to take London while the fleet is away, with some support at sea from America, as the English fleet returns to defend. Meanwhile, on the Persian continent, China falls at last to the persian navy.

Islandia gets killed, Brenador reduced to one city and bows out, as does zalta with two minor cities and very nervous looking pikemen.

Well done EEE_BOY, and well done Tab. Me, I just feel lucky to still be here...I was as unprepared as India or Siam, and it could just as easily have been me who bit the dust.

As it is now, peace has broken out all over, and it's a brand new world, in the post-colonial era. Triple Detente. Interesting times!

Yep that was a lot entertaining! I took China's last cities with land units only. I built an inland frigate to keep attacking China from inside but now this boat is stuck lol

Yeah his fleet was undefeatable for some turns. Fortunately, his cap is seriously damaged so i don't think he can easily build SotL for a while now.

MP is indeed more chanllenging than SP. The temporary world alliance certainly crippled the English considerably. I think I did not think carefully because I barely had time to click all units and plan for the next move. I should leave 4 SoL at home for defense and 5 at front taking cities and 1 for exploration. I thought my ship speed should be fine to defend attack from America. I expected China would distract Persian for some turns before I clean my continent. I had 5 turns of opportunity to turn back and defend the invasion, but I underestimated the madness of Darius.

My fleet is about to have logistics for all ships, which effectively double the naval strength for defense. The English now has a reasonably empire to compete with the rest of world powers, peace should remain for centuries long again.

peace should remain for centuries long again.

Yes. Wars aren't popular from now. You don't want a 2vs1 situation. We will see in the industrial era what will happen :)

I have to admit, I had my own moments of madness last night. When I noticed that only Tab and I held our capitals, I started to move some troops around...but then the English fleet returned home and pinned me down. Wouldn't it have been wacky if the game had just ended last night, with a domination victory?? If I'd been forward thinking, and devious enough, it might just have happened. ;)

I have to admit, I had my own moments of madness last night. When I noticed that only Tab and I held our capitals, I started to move some troops around...but then the English fleet returned home and pinned me down. Wouldn't it have been wacky if the game had just ended last night, with a domination victory?? If I'd been forward thinking, and devious enough, it might just have happened. ;)

You should definitely take the risk:rolleyes:

Now you have the worst geopolitical situation, sandwiched between us with a capital exposed, unlike tab's capital well protected by hills and non coastal

Too busy clicking and no time typing during game. About English science rate, it's only 179 at the moment, but there are tons of gold flowing in. I got commerce 15% + 15% from Big Ben, I will rely on heavy purchase to match production of ship from now on.

I can play any day next week:)

EEE you will likely win sooner or later :goodjob:

I will begin to send some youtube videos in next days even if we don't completely finished. I don't think my land is a secret for anyone at this point :p

The last session told us how much strong are the England navy with all these promos...3 ranged, move after attacking and double attack! It's just insane. Even stock battleships can't compete :spear:

Thank you Tab, and Thanks Onan for hosting these amazing series (sounds like I've won the medal, lol, but anyway) As Onan said, I probably fooled everyone by staying small for so long. On more land based map I won't get so lucky :)

Post the video link to us here, I guess Great Wall helps you greatly win the battle against China. BTW would you comment the video this time? I saw your other two videos before:)

I will not comment videos because my english is too bad for such feature. I will cut the waiting time between turns and put speed to 1.5x so there will be lot of actions every second of the game :)

Top Bottom