Things you only just now realized

The inca terrace improvement has been buffed significantly. Unless I am mistaken it did not receive benefits from Civil Service and Fertilizer in vanilla, now it does.

The fields of the polder become colorful after researching economics, probably because the farmers are now planting tulips. :)

Automated workers remove tile improvements on strategic ressources to connect them, even when the "workers leave old improvments alone" option is checked.

There is currently a glitch when stealing techs via espionage: Since the LUA scripts seem to lag a bit, the golden "Steal Tech" button is not instantly removed after stealing the tech - you can quickly press it again and grab another one!

Great Mosque's bonus also applies to Great Prophets (They get 5 spreads instead of 4)

I just realized that every time you get a "free tech," it's a number of beakers and not just one tech. So, that tech you've been working on as a pre-req for a bigger tech and only has 2 turns left can still be chosen and you'll still get to choose the one after it as a free tech.

I never knew this and would always end up choosing another tech simply because it cost more beakers instead of just choosing the tech path I was already on.

I feel really, really dumb now.

This is only with GS's. GL, Oxford, and Rationalism finisher are all still genuine, though.

I just realized that the entire civ series has had warlord (cIV) king, and god (diety) in expansion names, with each name corresponding to a difficulty level. I can now predict that the next civ games and expansions will be:

Civilization V: Princes and Emporers
Civilization VI: Settlers of Catan
Civilization VI: Immortality

I just realized that every time you get a "free tech," it's a number of beakers and not just one tech. So, that tech you've been working on as a pre-req for a bigger tech and only has 2 turns left can still be chosen and you'll still get to choose the one after it as a free tech.

I never knew this and would always end up choosing another tech simply because it cost more beakers instead of just choosing the tech path I was already on.

I feel really, really dumb now.

Don't feel bad...maybe I'm dumber than you...;)

I still can't quite get this...I've been thinking that if Oxford pops when I only have a few beakers left to go on some tech, that's all I get.... So I've been trying to time things a bit when I'm building that wonder.

Or, is that not the whole story?...Do a certain number of beakers go somewhere else? Or, am I now getting confused with the vanilla version...:confused:

And while I'm talking about this stuff...what actually happens when a ruin gives you a free tech and it choses the one you are currently working on?....do you get credit towards some other tech?..... Maybe I'll have to check my science progess a few times just before I jump on a ruin and that might make it all a bit clearer....

Great Mosque's bonus also applies to Great Prophets (They get 5 spreads instead of 4)

If you have the Great Mosque and only use the Great Prophet once for spreading, you can still use it to create a Great Tile improvement.

If you see 'Attrition -50' on turn 30 somewhere in revealed territory - Dido is in the house and she is climbing mountains :)

I realized this for a while now but think I should share:

You cannot stop AI GPRs from converting your cities with your own GPR. They will still do it and you have just wasted so much faith when a simple inquisitor would do. Also, because of these GPRs my military strength has gone up much higher these days. I think I should really thank them :D

Always try to retain an AI's religion that has Holy Warriors. You never know when you need those crusaders. :D

Holy Warriors is only helpful if you have decent faith generation. I will sometimes pick a combo that has great passive spread and buy a missionary or two, but otherwise ignore shrines/temples etc. Buying a pikeman every 30 turns wouldn't do much.

Hunnic Horse Archers don't require horses... the only reason to rush to improve horses as them is to get a production bonus!

Don't feel bad...maybe I'm dumber than you...;)

I still can't quite get this...I've been thinking that if Oxford pops when I only have a few beakers left to go on some tech, that's all I get.... So I've been trying to time things a bit when I'm building that wonder.

Or, is that not the whole story?...Do a certain number of beakers go somewhere else? Or, am I now getting confused with the vanilla version...:confused:

And while I'm talking about this stuff...what actually happens when a ruin gives you a free tech and it choses the one you are currently working on?....do you get credit towards some other tech?..... Maybe I'll have to check my science progess a few times just before I jump on a ruin and that might make it all a bit clearer....

Research Agreements and Great Scientists (when popped for bulbs) "spill over". They now give you multiple turns of your current research output when you use them. If that's enough/more than enough to finish whatever tech you are researching, you immediately learn the tech and whatever bulbs are left over get applied to researching a new tech. If you're picked a research goal by selecting some future tech in the research tree, the spill over gets applied to one of the next techs on this line. Otherwise, I think it just goes randomly to one of the techs you could research next.

Oxford, the Great Library,and the Rationalism finisher let you pick techs you could learn. There's no spillover, so you get maximum effectiveness picking techs you haven't already spent time researching.

I just realized that the entire civ series has had warlord (cIV) king, and god (diety) in expansion names, with each name corresponding to a difficulty level. I can now predict that the next civ games and expansions will be:

Civilization V: Princes and Emporers
Civilization VI: Settlers of Catan
Civilization VI: Immortality

I'm sure this is a joke, but you realize that the Civ series started before Civ4, right?

Not to mention "Beyond the Sword" doesn't fit that scheme... out of... 3... expansions

Ah, dont think so much about it - i think it was a good joke :)

Submarines can choose the naval promotion for attacking land units... yet they can't attack land units themselves, nor can they upgrade into a unit that attacks land units...

Submarines can choose the naval promotion for attacking land units... yet they can't attack land units themselves, nor can they upgrade into a unit that attacks land units...

It increases attack power against embarked land units.
It's also not just strength when attacking, it's also *defensive* strength when being attacked BY land units - machine guns, artillery..

when you kill barb that adjacent to a city state using your own city range attack,
you do not get the "barbarian killed near X" bonus.

Top Bottom