Revolution 'Lite'?

Onionsoilder

Reaver
Is there some way I can tweak the settings of the Revolutions mod in order to 'ease up' on the revolutions? While I love the concept of this mod, in practice it seems to make conquest(especially an early rush) completely unfeasible as a strategy, as you will spend so many resources trying to suppress the endless rebellion that it would be cheaper to just raze the entire city and build a settler to replace it.

I've got XML and Python experience, though recompiling the .dll is a little beyond me. If there are any changes I could make with those to keep revolutions in the game, but chopping them down in size so they become more of an occasional problem to put down instead of a permanent civ-crippler, that would be much appreciated.

I am trying exactly that at the moment for the RevDCM component embedded in the Caveman2Cosmos mod. For my own game, I have changed two files:

(a) the civics XML file in the GameData folder, where you can change the national and local stability bonuses for civics. I generally improved the bonuses for later-game government civics, so that in early times you cannot expand without your empire falling apart, but in later times you should not have so many crippling revolutions.

(b) the Revolutions.py file, where the bonuses and penalties are calculated in detail. In particular, I increased the importance of happiness, because I think cities should not revolt when their citizens are blissfully happy. I also removed the ridiculous calculation of "financial difficulties" by setting the penalty to 0 whenever a player has either large reserves or positive cash flow.

However, I have just started my first game with these changes, so these are not yet well tested and I cannot assure that they work. (I do not know which things are hard-coded in the DLL, for example. I have to assume that the values in the XML and Python files are actually used by the game.)

Top Bottom