19 Century Mod (WIP)

thatsgerman10

Chieftain
So Ive been working on this mod in my freetime, since I love this mod and wanted to do a world map in starting in the 19th century and get to the modern + era, since Im not a big fan of anything prior to the industrial revolution. This mod is on a GEM and uses a custom made version of this mod that adds ideologies instead of religions.
A few notes:
Spoiler :

1. I dont have a lot of free time, Im a college student and I just wanted to make a quick 1800s mod with little effort as possible, and have VERY little modding experience, which leads to point 2...
2. This scenario/mod what programmers refer to as a hack, it works but it does not look pretty. I replaced the religion civics with a very basic party system with either single party, multiparty, or nonmajority party, while the other religion civics I just made it require weather control since I couldnt outright delete the civics. Also names of cities are incorrect, in wrong locations, and borders are probably off. Carthage is Mexico, Greece is Argentina, and Egypt is in the middle of India just because India is so goddamn strong on this map and needed to be nerfed. The 3 ideologies are replacements of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, for Liberty, Communism, and Fascism respectivly.

Here are some pictures
Spoiler :

I am at the point where I think the mod is playable, however I would love if people played it so I could get thier feedback on what needs to be buffed/nerfed and how I could accomplish that. One thing I am struggling with is how to make the smaller European nations compatible to China or Russia, as no matter what I do they always end up being vastly weaker.

Here is the Mod, rename your current ROM:AND before moving it, first time using media fire, no idea if this works
https://www.mediafire.com/?y6j8g7ao2igxl11
and here is the scenario
http://www.mediafire.com/download/l4x4d0cte0td23e/1800.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
let me know what you guys think

Not a single response in the last 20 days? :)
I guess, that means that no one is interested in a hack-mod.

@thatsgerman10:
I really don't want to descourage you, rather give give some useful advice.

Hacking a mod is very good to learn and practise modding, or to customise the mod to your liking. RAND is very well designed for the eras you want to play, so it is not really necesarry to change anything. Removing/replacing religions is also not a very good idea, since religions did have a great impact on world influence in the 19th century.
So I would recomend you to stop modding/hecking RAND and rather focus on your scenario map. If you base it on the MegaCivPack module you will have everithing you need in the game: Austria and Hungary for the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy; Poland, Mexico, Canada, Argentina, Brasil, etc. That way you could build a very nice map that might be even worthy to include in the main mod or MCP. :)

I didn't tested your mod but i agree with Sogroon. If you want to serve the team with your skills, you can even try to balance the lowest speed and the advanced start mod, because the last time i tried it, start in later ages was broken (wrong starting dates)

I also agree with Sogroon the mod seems to be unnecessary. I played the mod and map and i think you have a really good start on the scenario. there needs to be some smoothing of the edges but this could be a very good scenario. I hope you are going to add more civics and polish it up. i have been hoping someone would do an earth scenario and i hope you continue.:)

Wow I missed this somehow. I'm actually working on a 1900 scenario for AND and this will help majorly in figuring out where to locate the cities. The mod itself doesn't look half bad either and i'll be sure to try it out.

That sounds amazing I have hoped someone would make these, if either you or thatsgerman10 would want/need help i would be glad to assist.

That sounds amazing I have hoped someone would make these, if either you or thatsgerman10 would want/need help i would be glad to assist.

I'd be glad to have help. I'm currently making what could be considered the Pre-pre-pre-alpha version of the scenario.(Basically trying to get city locations right. I also forgot to add a few stand in civ's like the Aztecs as Mexico.) If you'd be willing to help with that i'd be grateful. Here's the link to the planning/discussion/making of thread. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528644

Top Bottom