Difficulty Level Names

Leoreth

Blue Period
Let's say I would add two additional difficulty levels (one between Monarch and Emperor and one after Emperor). What should they be called?

I accept suggestions that rename all five levels or come up with new names for the two new levels only. What I don't want is to use the current names like Monarch for one for the new levels and rename the old ones to something else.

Ascend (easy) - Rise - Plateau - Fall - Collapse (hard)?

Something like that?

Dave - John - Maria - Dennis - Suzy
Spoiler :
These are just random name. I don't mean to offend you if your real name is one of these

But serious though. I think we should stick with the system of titles from BTS for the difficulty levels, for the convenience.

So that will be:
Viceroy - Monarch - President? - Emperor - Deity/Immortal

Spoiler :
Easy Peasy (viceroy) - Starting to get interesting (monarch) - Quite Challenging - Good luck, you need it (emperor) - "Youtien only"-level

Whats the differences between these difficulties?

Above Emperor can only be Sid. As for between Monarch and Emperor, that one is harder. King is the only one I can think of, but since monarch is basically a gender-neutral version of king, I don't think it's very good.

Maybe: Chieftain - Noble (or maybe Lord) - Prince (or maybe King) - Deity - Sid

Also, have you considered a level between Viceroy and Monarch? For the longest time, I was too much of a scrub to survive on Monarch, but Viceroy was still very easy to me. While I now play on Monarch comfortably, I imagine there are other people caught between the rather large difficulty gap between Viceroy and Monarch.

A new era of gameplay for this mod! I've been dreaming of a intermediate level between Monarch and Emperor.

Let me think.
What can go in between King and Emperor?

Viceroy --> Monarch --> Caliph/Sultan/Czar? --> Emperor--> ? (Big Brother?)

Viceroy - Monarch - Emperor (the new one) - Immortal - Legend
...Maybe?

It could be simply 1,2,3,4 and 5.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Prince, King, Conqueror, Son of Gods , Godslayer.

Prince is the easiest because a prince have to learn till they become King.
King after Prince.
Conqueror, a ruler mightiest than just a King.
Son of a god, a god's son send to earth to lead their Civilization to Glory and salvation,
I called this Son of a god, and not Son of God to not imply any religion.
Godslayer, one that incredible that can defeat gods and laws of nature.

Baron Count Duke King Basileus*

*Basileus actually means King. What sets it apart from King? It was the term used by the ERE emepror and the Sassanid Shahenshah(King of Kings.) to refer to each other when using greek. Rex and Regas was used for the Kings of Western Europe. So Basileus took on the meaning of emperor.

apenpaap and merijn have the most sensible suggestions so far, imo.

They should be reasonably consistent with existing Civ conventions,
as to not confuse players trying out the mod for the first time.

Chieftain - Noble - Monarch - Emperor - Deity
Based on Apenpaap's suggestions but slightly changed.
EDIT: We can also use the five levels of Civilization:
Chieftain - Warlord - Prince - King - Emperor

Little Cheese, Swiss Cheese, Big Cheese, Huge Cheese, Tillamook Cheese Factory

Top Bottom