Global Highland Challenge Pitboss

Looks like I'll need a permanent sub. I can't figure out how to get in the game after spending 4 hours today on this issue. I did everything short of uninstalling/reinstalling the game since I tried to do that 14 times, but my computer froze every time I attempted to do so. At least only 1 turn should be missed, although everyone here will be happy most likely. :)

I got that pop-up yesterday. Not sure whether it was related, but I then connected without the :2057 (you'll get a msg saying you need a PW, I'm guessing it forwards you to another PB) and then tried again (successfully). Worth a shot before you drop out.

Yes I confirm there is another game on default port (2056). But I configured this pitboss on port 2057. And normally if you connect using 2057, you shouldn't have anything special to do, from what I know.
What is strange, is that you could connect for the first turn. I may pause the game for several hours, waiting for someone to give a help on that point.

Great. I can log in but now I get the message that the save is protected to ensure that assets are ... etc. (same message soneone else had eariler).

I have been getting this message for PBEMs which is why I had to stop playing them and now it is spreading to pitboss. :mad:

*I did do what Elkad said earlier

You got the NOSCORE mod in the right folder? in Civ4/beyondthesword/mods/noscore and not ..mods/noscore/noscore or in custom_mods folder or anything like that. The protected assets had to do with the right folder for me

I've seen that message too (not in this game). Usually from having either a trailing space after the 2057, or an invisible carriage return in front of the IP.

You tried typing the IP in by hand instead of pasting it?

Yes, the one on the first post of this thread.

No offence, but i did stupid fault about this and maybe you made similar. Check all folders and make one and last folder name: "NoScoreV2" exacly and try download another time this zip file becouse i thought that i have NoScoreV2 but i had NoScore without V2 becouse somewhere was attached zip file without V2 and it didn't work. Check it.

This has nothing to do with the mod. The game will take you to leader selection even if you are trying to enter from normal game without mod loaded.

It is propably an error with spaces. You are leaving a space at the beggining or the end of the ip, when you copy paste it.

This has nothing to do with the mod. The game will take you to leader selection even if you are trying to enter from normal game without mod loaded.

It is propably an error with spaces. You are leaving a space at the beggining or the end of the ip, when you copy paste it.

Unfortunately, that's not the case because when I copy and paste it, I always check tm ake sure I have not left a space there.

Can you connect to the other game on the same IP (leave off the port number)?

Wondering if you have a firewall or PeerGuardian or something blocking that IP.

Or is that what you meant when you got the "protected save" error above. Got that when you leave the port number off?

@DMOC: Do you need me to move your starting unit? :D
I can do that fine and won't use gained knowledge :mischief:

That was some bad advice Munro, missed it at the time. Toroidal fixes the water strip as it connects north and south. Now that the map is not made toroidal any cities build on the water strip will be limited to 3 tiles of water.

You mean 5 tiles?

I guess it depends on how you interpret Amask's comments. I assumed he was talking about breaking up the thin strip of water with land bridges or something (which toroidal doesn't do) - maybe I misunderstood. 3 extra tiles for ice cities seems pretty insignificant though compared to the strategic implications of having a whole other border to protect.

I"m not saying it wouldn't make for an interesting game, but I wouldn't particularly want to be one of the civs starting near the poles.

Top Bottom