Rhye's of Civilization: the fastest loading mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
A REQUEST

Has anybody here some saves of a game played in a world map of any size with 31 civs and no rule changes?
As I've said, I need to check 1300BC, 150AD and 1400AD to compare loading times.
Whicle 1300BC and 150AD are quite a simple task, waiting 5 minutes each turn to reach 1400AD is very boring. I could save much time if anybody has some old savegames. In particular I'm interested in having a savegame with a 256x256 map (like TETurkhan's) and 352x352 (ElMencey's)

Originally posted by Rhye
Here are the files:

[files removed]

Unzip both in your Conquests\scenarios folder and load civ-content.

Here's what I need:

- Take Portugal and with all standard settings and Monarch level
- Choose as opponents Spain, France, Germany, England, Russia, Netherlands, China, Mongolia, Korea, Japan, Ottomans, Persia, Arabia, Egypt, Zulu, Aztecs, Incas, Mayas, Iroquois, America, India
- Keep track of:
--- the date when America is discovered
--- the date when the first civ enters Middle ages, Industrial and Modern ages
--- the date when four or more civs have entered Middle ages, Industrial and Modern ages
--- who builds wonders most of the time
--- who's strong and who's weak and who's eliminated
--- who produces many cities
--- who's least advanced
--- what's American civs science advancement when first contacts happen (like if they still are in Ancient or in Middle Ages)
--- if plagues work and if they are annoying or not
--- if you see other civs using their UU or not
- Give me savegames (very important!!) of:
--- 1400 BC
--- 110AD or 130AD
--- a few turns before 1400AD (like 1380, 1390)
--- a savegame for each time you enter a new age

Can you do that? Now you understand why I'm so slow: I was doing it myself :)
Instead I'll focus on adding civs, techs etc. and then balance the game with your results (for example if a civ is too strong I'll weaken it; techs cost should be revisited, too)

Do you still want this tested? I can have a go at this, Rhye, if you want some help. I'll have a little time of after jan 15:th. I have the 180x180 map but not the rules.

No. I have a new map now, and I added some things that made the zip files bigger, so I can't give you the mod right now.

The only thing that could make me save time is giving me some savegames I've written above, if you have.
In fact I'll take a 140x140, 180x180, 256x256 and maybe 312x312 and press end of turn - end of turn - end of turn - end of turn.....till reaching 1300BC, 150AD, 1400AD, and then write loading times.
Very boring :) Usually I do something else while I press enter once in five minutes.

Sorry, I don't have any save-files like that... :(

I'll play your 180x180 world map with standard rules & 31 civs and see how far I get, though.

My computer is to old for TETurkan, I think. I tried it once, and it froze, more or less... :(
And there is no TETurkan C3C mod, right?
Is there anything else I can do to help?

Big math test tomorrow. Will look into it after that. I'll sit in front of the computer and read a bock, hitting enter once every paragraph! ;)

Should I post saves here or mail them to you?

Upload the saves here with "upload file", thank you.

In the meantime I've tested the 140x140, completed addictions and I'm making Civilopedia and readme.doc.
Next (and last) step will be testing my mod and balance tech weights and tech rate to fit timeline

You'll do 140x140 and ... 170x170?

It'll be intresting to see what changes you've made. Anything revolutionary, except from what we've seen in the PTW edition?

Originally posted by Iztvan
You'll do 140x140 and ... 170x170?

It'll be intresting to see what changes you've made. Anything revolutionary, except from what we've seen in the PTW edition?

I tested 140x140 only to compare loading times.

The map of the mod is 170x170
There will be some changes in the rules (some added, some removed from vanilla/PTW versions), 31 civs game, new terrain graphics, 2 new civs, some units and tech addictions. No ancient/modern division.

This enhancement (170x170 with 31 civs) forces the mod to be a bit slower but it still is faster than a standard 140

This is strange! I downloaded it twice yesterday and once right now - nothing happens when I try to unzip, and if i open it, it is empty.
If we can't solve this, if it's ok, I'll just:
1) Take teturkans 256x256 map from ptw
2) Import it into C3C (just the map, not the rules)
3) Add all civs.
4) Place a little island in the middle of nowere, surrounded by impassable terrain and place portugal (?) there.
5) Start playing!

Sounds ok?

Originally posted by Rhye
I forgot to mention the addiction of LM terrains.

How is it going? Did you fall asleep? :)

Fall asleep? I WISH! :cry: :lol:
Phew, that was slow! I got to 150AD yersterday before my back started protesting loudly (unconfortable chair) and I had to quit. By then the wait was already at approx 2 minutes. :rolleyes:

Quite intresting to see how the different Civs were developing. Someone should invent a utility that just pressed enter for X number of turns...

I'll try to get back to it as soon as my private life allows, hopefully tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom