Conquest Request: More Cultural Speres

W.i.n.t.e.r

Frozen!
A simple request: Increase the number of city looks (culturally influenced architecture) from 5 to 10+ ( ? )

Comment: Initially we had 16 civs- with conquest we have 32 (plus custom made ones) from 5 continents (Australia still isn't present- sorry Skippy) I deduce: We need some more different looking sity styles ! At least, please make it possible for modders to incorporate additional new ones.... please ?

If they fix that, they'll have to change how the Barbarian tribe names are handled to. So if Firaxis does anything about this, I'd like to ask that they also allow one to increase the number of Barbarian tribes, and to not necessarily have the same # in each group.

In a perfect day, the spelling errors and other weirdities in the barbarian list will also be dealt with; eg "Patzinal" should be "Patzinak" (or "Pecheneg" to use a more common variant) and Teotihuacan should get the missing "t" added.

Have to admit i'm not really bothered about Barbarian names but city graphics should be improvd as nearly all of mine look the same. Would prefer barbarians to be replaced/assisted by terrorists!

I agree that adding the ability to create new cultural groups would be nice, assuming it wouldn't be a lot of trouble for the game makers. They wouldn't have to actually make new ones, IMO, since graphics aren't all that important IMO, but it'd be nice to see the ability for users to make them without having to replace existing ones.

As for barbarian names, I don't care at all, but I guess that'd be nice, especially since it'd be so easy to do (AFAIK)...

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r
A simple request: Increase the number of city looks (culturally influenced architecture) from 5 to 10+ ( ? )

Comment: Initially we had 16 civs- with conquest we have 32 (plus custom made ones) from 5 continents (Australia still isn't present- sorry Skippy) I deduce: We need some more different looking sity styles ! At least, please make it possible for modders to incorporate additional new ones.... please ?
Agreed. We really need some more city styles.

May be, this could implemented with some new culture groops? African or North-American i.e.?

You would need Africans to have an African culture type. What would you say North-American culture type would look like?

Originally posted by Furius
What would you say North-American culture type would look like?
Just a tough: ancient city could look like brush houses or hogan, middle age like a longhouse village (from Mohawk and the Iroquois, simply becouse Iroquoise are in the game). Here is a pic of those longhouses:

May be, you would prefer pueblo like or cliff houses (i.e. from Anasazi) or tipis, but I think, thisone would be good.

You would need Africans to have an African culture type. What would you say North-American culture type would look like?

Well I always placed the Zulus somewhere in Africa ;) Besides, if custom civs are added (i.e. Ethiopans) we'd have another, very different African civ.

I think Arne is very right with his point about various Northern- (other) American tribal looks- there are too few civs from certain regions of the world anyway. Try playing PTW with all civs on a 356x356 map and you will realise that either the US comfortably kill off the Iroquese (or vice-versa) while in Europe we have the Spanish, French, Germans, Italians, Greeks, English, Skandinavians, Russians, Celts (in my case I changed them to be the Irish... and many more if you consider that there is a custom Scotish civ (I heard the Portugese were shipping with Conquests?)... and not only are they a BIT squeeeezed when compare to India or China- but their cities all look the same all over the continent :(

Me neither- i'd prefer their attention to be paid to other details which i believe are of greater importance.

The Barbarian names are VERY important, how could anyone believe otherwise?

OT: Maybe every civ should have its own city types.

Maybe it wouldn't take long but it's the principle of it all.

Why dont they make "lesser civilization" i.e. A single city state without the possibility to ever build settlers but with special units or a bonus of some sort (i.e. a specificaly placed resource tile underneath the city itself). There wouldnt have to be a specific civ colour for these.

Only thing needed would be Leader pcx and flc files with an civilopedia entry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There should be a possibility to conquer them, take them over by cultural means, or to ask them to join you- the latter case should include them paying you tax and providing you with military units and trade preference of resources, but without you controling them entirelly (anyone who has ever played imperialism knows what I am talking about)- what I miss from SMAC is the option to place own troops in such allied or subverted cities and to get these sub- civilization's votes for UN votings (as in Imperialism again)

that remainds me that there should be an option to just occupy an city (install a pupet regime) or to repatriate a city

Do you remember in Civ II when Barbarians could conquer your cities, they should be able to do that again.

Originally posted by EddyG17
that remainds me that there should be an option to just occupy an city (install a pupet regime) or to repatriate a city

good points :) would go well with my thread on lesser civs (with regards to the puppet regime)

Top Bottom