Random Rants XIII: I don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARGH

I just realized I made a grave mistake on my Thermodynamics midterm. :(

I hate that feeling

Yeah, that's a horrible feeling. Last term I had some tests for which the answers were given to you after you left the lecture hall; the combination of 'temptation to look at the answers' and 'knowledge of the feeling of uselessness you'll get when you realise what you did wrong' is just awful.

Ok I sorted that, but now when I turn my computer on there is a loud beeping noise... obviously this isn't normal and I am fearing the worst. What is happening?

It's a system beep. It means something is wrong. Go to a search engine and look up what kind of computer you have and there should be a listing of the system beeps and what they mean.

Ok I sorted that, but now when I turn my computer on there is a loud beeping noise... obviously this isn't normal and I am fearing the worst. What is happening?

I'm sure you did, but did you make sure to disable your previous graphics card first? Are you getting any sort of screen along with the beep, or just a blank monitor and beep?

I have to do two research essays and a prolonged math assignment this coming weekend, while I'm on "vacation" in Atlanta looking for an apartment for the summer on. Then on Tuesday I have to go to traffic court and in all likelihood have my license suspended for half a year and be short by a about 500 more dollars. :)

Update on this:
I was happy with the progress I was making with my German but I had to write a letter in it and it took me around 1 hour for 4 paragraphs. And I probably used a dictionary for 30-40% of my words. :cringe: And in 3 months, I have to pass an exam in this language.

I don't know if this is even possible at all.

Yeah, so I took it to my German teacher to correct it. I counted 28 changes to my original text. :lol: Really...

Out of those some 6-7 were obvious and I should have seen them, some 10 were just due to my lack of familiarity with the expressions (but should have still been completely understandable, IMHO), but I have no excuse for the rest. Great, after struggling for around an hour to do this, my text looks like a paper on which somebody randomly spilled large amounts of red ink.

How I'm going to pull this through, I don't know. I'm planning on spending countless sleepless nights after nights in a row, as long as my body will cooperate in keeping me going, and hope for the better. I feel like I've done so much in 1 month of serious study yet there's so much to go... :cry: I get the feeling I'm trying to cross a sea by moving it bucket by bucket behind me.

Most likely your videocard isn't seated properly in the slot, or some wire isn't connected properly. Pull the videocard out and then maybe clean the slot (assuming you have some canned compressed air. Don't blow on it since your lungs have moisture in them). Push the card back in, and reconnect the power cable (I have an 8800 GTX, not a GT, but I'm assuming yours takes an external power cable as well).

If that doesn't work Google 'post beep codes' (also, try to find out what kind of bios you have. Since different ones can have different beep codes).

Also, it's quite possible that your PSU (power supply) is too weak for the videocard. IIRC you said yours was 300W which might not be enough (depends how much other stuff you have running as well).

http://www.journeysystems.com/?power_supply_calculator

Empire Total War feels completely different from any other total war game. I'm scared.

My mom's on a "chicken run" again.

I define a chicken run as having chicken for five nights a week. YOU KNOW, RED MEAT AND TURKEY ARE NOT CAVIAR. THEY'RE JUST AS CHEAP AS CHICKEN.

You're probably wondering, "Why not burgers?" Not until she discovered chicken burgers. RED MEAT IS GOOD AND AFFORDABLE TOO. WHY DO WE HAVE TO EAT SO MUCH GODDAMN CHICKEN FIVE TIMES A WEEK?

This has happened for the past week or so. And every single meal that doesn't have enough protein, SHE ADDS CHICKEN TO.

I'M SICK OF THE CHICKEN. IF I EAT ANOTHER BITE, I SWEAR I'M GOING TO PUKE.

It's probably good to avoid beef. I try not to eat much of it if I have the choice and am paying attention.

Your heart and your colon may thank you.

It's a Geforce 8800GT. I am seriously doubting the ability of the graphics card fitting into the damn thing... can I jam it or shave the edges off? :p

BAM. Power supply. If its an 8800 your power supply sint big enough, unless all of your other components are from 1986 or something.

My mom's on a "chicken run" again.

I define a chicken run as having chicken for five nights a week. YOU KNOW, RED MEAT AND TURKEY ARE NOT CAVIAR. THEY'RE JUST AS CHEAP AS CHICKEN.

You're probably wondering, "Why not burgers?" Not until she discovered chicken burgers. RED MEAT IS GOOD AND AFFORDABLE TOO. WHY DO WE HAVE TO EAT SO MUCH GODDAMN CHICKEN FIVE TIMES A WEEK?

This has happened for the past week or so. And every single meal that doesn't have enough protein, SHE ADDS CHICKEN TO.

I'M SICK OF THE CHICKEN. IF I EAT ANOTHER BITE, I SWEAR I'M GOING TO PUKE.

Go out catch a fish and serve it up. Offer your own replacement for the meal.

All my motivation to work keeps getting sapped, no matter how hard I try. I swear I'm ADD.

My Guitar now has a broken G String. Great. :mad:

The party I was supposed to be at Saturday got postponed for three weeks. This however will allow me to enact my plans of vengeance this weekend already.

I just came to the realization that all my relatives fit the sterotype of a religious conservative. That makes me the only liberal in the family.

I really hope I never run into any of them soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom