Gotm17-Carthage Results and Congratulations

wow, so it is the "most surprised this guy actually won the game" award.

bummer. :(

whatever, at least it's recognition, even if it does get rescinded by having a different victory condition.

lateralis,

Your Jason score is about 100 points higher as a Space Race.. hope that is consolation for losing the award. :)

z0dd,

I've gone through all the saves we have and I can't find your resubmitted one. We work with a lot of saves each month so it's suprising more aren't slipping through the cracks somewhere. If you want to submit again to be included in the official results (or if Creepster knows where you're file is) I can check it.

Your game scores 3780 and puts you in 74th place.

z0dd 1887 1840 AD Space Race Victory

Originally posted by Karasu
I'm stealing Phillip_Martin's job here, but... ;)

...... I just couldn't resist the temptation to write this, though.

Gee the things people do to just stay ahead of me in the post count :p

This is the latest Phillies thread I could find. For more information on the spirit and the meaning of these awards, I'll have to leave the podium to Phillip...

This thread for GOTM 14 and the others back to GOTM10 give an idea of what these are about. They are a bit of fun and were meant to provide a different focus each month away from the top games. The original inspiration came from Col and myself having a lowest scoring victory challenge in which Sulla gave us an excellent lesson in a OCC (Once city challenge) game.

I would also consider these awards as benchmarks for the game they apply to, for the up and coming players. eg if Bhunta can win a Space Race Victory with a 1330 in game score (read not much territory) then (CG)Stev who lost with a score of 1755 (Green Ambulance) may seek/get encouragement to change some play style to get that win.

Karasu is also right in that these awards are sometimes coveted. Some players (Col) have been know to be extremely upset when milking for a Green Abulance and accidently triggering a victory instead :lol:

The "Philibusters" are now officially part of each game's results. To see a short description of any of the GOTM Awards just let your cursor rest over the symbol (Another HTML feature brough to you by Cracker).

Reading your épopée on GOTM17...
I am not convinced I have the level to play officially with you guys..
I am still doing GOTM as you, but for me.. I won a 20K victory by 1700 .. but encounter some technical difficulties and would like to ask you guys if it is me or the game.

1- slowness between turns..I know it is link to crasker changes.. but god that is slow. Are we thinking of improving that? I play either on my Home PC.. 2Ghz.; or on my pro Laptop which is 500Mhz.. :-(

2- crahsing of PTW 1.14 on 2 main aspects:
This game, I have been unable to access the menu for trade or research or anything for 600 years (I lost some wonders because of that)
some other games, I can't change a building I am currently building (when I pre-build a wonder using the palace) I can access or scroll down the building available to change production.. Game crash. Frustrating to end up moving your palace an inch and miss a wonder..

Am I the only or is PTW not robust enough????

Originally posted by Aeson
lateralis,

z0dd,

I've gone through all the saves we have and I can't find your resubmitted one. We work with a lot of saves each month so it's suprising more aren't slipping through the cracks somewhere. If you want to submit again to be included in the official results (or if Creepster knows where you're file is) I can check it.

Your game scores 3780 and puts you in 74th place.

z0dd 1887 1840 AD Space Race Victory

I sent you a civ fanantics email.
Thanks

Top Bottom