religion civic without state religion?

Heroes

Heroes of Might and Magic
What if you run theocracy but don't have a state religion? Will the 2 XP bonus apply to every city? The same question for organized religion and pacifism. If yes, then that's interesting, no religion is the best religon, for you save the effort to build missonaries ... :D

I've heard that you don't get the bonuses for the civics or the extra happiness, but you do get all of the culture. eg. if you are running theocracy and have hindu and buddism in a city, with no state religion all you would get is the 2 culture instead of 1 culture and happines and the 2XP bonus

I'm not 100% on this so you may want to test it. (I'm too lazy:D )

Wrong, you do get all the benefits of the civic even if you didn't found the religion, the only benefit you gain from founding a religion is that you can build the sacred building and collect income from cities converted to your religion.

no I think his question was.. If you have no state religion, do the bonuses from the civics appply to all your city (ie, "No religion" is your state religion, and all cities would get the benefits).

The obvious answer is no, since the religious civics work with religion, not with non-religions. :)

If you convert to 'organized religion' but have no state religion, you can still build missionaries, but you don't get the +25% build bonus, even in cities that don't have a religion. If you pick 'theocracy' you can still spread any religion you want, but you don't get the +2xp bonus.

indeed, so the only religious civic apart from free religion and paganism that combines at all with no state religion is organized religion, as the missionary benefit works for all religions, not just state. Unfortunately organized religion has high upkeep, probably not worth it without the production bonus.

Top Bottom