Erebus

Hearing Mryddyn's story Ken says this:
"That elf was pale, so she probobly is a stalavatafar (Is that even possible to spell?) elf. From what i Hear, those elves specialize in shadow magic. Chances are he is about to do something that he does not want us to see."

"i believe i could polymorth other people, but it would be much more dificult than myself, especially if i dont know them. i could probably polymorph one of you quite easily if you gave me time to study your nature, but a total stranger? i dont think i can do that... yet..."

"now that were all here, (im assuming were all back from our adventures) we need to act fast. Munak, can you give me back my belongings? i droped them when i transformed. i especially need those gloves... i think we need to formulate a plan where we can follow this svartalfar elf without being seen, id like to see where he goes, and if what Thomas says is true, there might be something more to this cult than just in Paradera. Also, i think some of us should try get into Corvanes house and see if there is anything suspicious, which will identify him as working with the cult. i made this map of Corvanes manor while i spyed, there are lots of guards, and some archers on the roof, so it looks like he's expecting trouble. i also mapped out the guards patrol routes." (DM, can we have a map of Corvanes manor now? with guard patrol routes ;) )

Can I make a short flashback in time and tell my uncle about my exiting adventures on the ship?
Flashbacks are fine, people post at different times so being strictly linear in what happens when isn't neccessary.

(Being a Dragon cultist of the Kuriotate kind, a civ centered around Amathaon- Angel of Fertility (Creation), I assume our cult is into all kinds of fertility/life/growth and creation-related rituals too.)
Please be vague regarding any fertility rituals ;)

let's see this map, then... see if there's anything we can use to our advantage if we try to get in.

Could I please get told what I identify it as then? I may be a geek, but I don't have any knowledge of dimensional/enchantment/shadow magic. You don't encounter it often in the real world :lol:
From Mryddyn's description, you recognize the sign of the stars. An instructor once showed you the Sheaim signs of power, which they use to aid their spell casting. The sign of the stars is an advanced dimensional technique, in fact rather experimental last you heard.
Your Amurite instructor told you so you would be able to recognize them, but general practice is to avoid using these tools, as there is strong suspicion that they have unpredictable side effects.

"now that were all here, (im assuming were all back from our adventures) we need to act fast. Munak, can you give me back my belongings? i droped them when i transformed. i especially need those gloves...
Not to mention your pants!

From Mryddyn's description, you recognize the sign of the stars. An instructor once showed you the Sheaim signs of power, which they use to aid their spell casting. The sign of the stars is an advanced dimensional technique, in fact rather experimental last you heard.
Your Amurite instructor told you so you would be able to recognize them, but general practice is to avoid using these tools, as there is strong suspicion that they have unpredictable side effects.

could he theoretically summon demons to help us?

Not to mention your pants!

ooc: Hey, i dont only have one set of clothes, i did mention getting dressed after i became me again :p

"ah, so this svartalfar elf, is using advanced dimensional magic... thats probably who made that dart hit hit someones leg, i remember Tsanal tried to teleport a knife at the sorcerer on the waves, but it wasnt strong enough and made it wobble."

could he theoretically summon demons to help us?
Bear in mind that was the description of what Corvanes' Elven henchman was doing, not Mryddyn. Not enough information to know his powers, and it remains to be seen (though doesn't look likely) that he wants to help you.

Nindoro's observations are in the spoiler; you can look, but other characters don't know until he tells you.
Spoiler :
Nindoro meanwhile has been lurking around the manor, doing recon on his own. Nothing interesting for sometime, a few visitors but none you recognize or who stand out. An owl hoots nearby, reminding you that it is getting late, and you are hungry. You are about to give up and leave to meet the others when an old man bangs on the gate. A guard comes up to push him away.
The old man looks at the guard, and you catch a crazed gleam in his eye. "Be gone, fool, I come for your master. Do not anger me."
The guard snorts, but retreats to the house door. Shortly there after Corvanes comes out. The two have a quick whispered conversation, until the old man yells, "I've warned you! I represent the gods of our ancestors, in whose hands rest the waves and the tides! I will not be intimidated by you, and this trespass will not be forgotten. Your plans will fail and I shall see you bow before the deep ones!" The old man turns west and marches down the road, oblivious to the stares of the passerbys. When you look back, Corvanes is also gone, the door of the house closing.

Psychic Llamas: Yes

Can I make a short flashback in time and tell my uncle about my exiting adventures on the ship? And ask what he thinks about helping the Bannor destroy the local Overlords cult? "My first idea was not to help the Bannor, under the assumption that the Bannor would focus on us next after the Overlords were purged. But then I discovered the Overlords are engaging in slave trade, and they raise undead people. Which is of course against everything we stand for!"
[tab]"Bah, foolish girl. You've grown soft, just like your old man, living in the land of the boy king and his riches. What we stand for is the primal roar, placating the unfathomable beast." He babbles on a little more, sounding not wholly unlike what you've heard of the Overlord's religion. It seems your Uncle's brand of Dragon Worship has evolved a bit to fit the Lanun whom he converts.
"I'll see you tonight, little Munak."

That evening,
[tab]Munak sneaks to the inn, carefully avoiding any patrols. The travel of not much more than half a mile takes an hour but that's a price she is more than willing to pay for secrecy.

[tab]Your Uncle meets you behind the Inn. A group of about twenty men and boys, with a few other woman, are gathered around. A bonfire is lit as you arrive, and everyone grabs a torch. Haral smiles when he sees you. "Ah, I knew you'd come! I'd like you to meet Arish, a new initiate." He introduces you to a young man with long hair and eyse of two different colors, one brown and one blue.
Arish smiles. "Our collegue from fair Kurias. A pleasure to have you join our brave efforts tonight."
"This attack was Arish's plan," Haral interjects. "Now come, the patrols should have just passed north. We can hurry and destroy the progress they have made. The fires will be seen by the courthouse--the Bannor shall know no laws can bind those with the passion of the Ancients!"

"Am I the only one who wants to go see if there is a new slaveship in port..? Some of us should probably go check the port if there is new slave ships..."

ooc: Kjaaly, remember: Esus is also god of deception :) you should never NEV... ALWAYS trust me on everything :)

Your cult is simply about worshipping the dragons so you don't get bashed up when they take the power. But the cult is more or less against anyone who would be a threat to dragon world domination.
And yes you can be considered having told that.

Just checking, is that my uncle's opinion, or DM Decree? (From your post I get the opinion DM decree, from Nikis-Knight's post the opnion it's my uncle's opinion) IIRC Kael said that in his D&D games the religions weren't as strict as in the game, there being many more than in the game and even religions that worship gods that don't happen to exist (such as the Dragon Cult in a way) or religions that worshipped some god but gave it another name. So I'd assume in different regions there would also be different varieties of the same religion.

In the context of an agricultural society as I was born in, where the crops growing and getting many children is most important for peasants, it would make sense for the local religion to give a strong importance to growth and fertility - common in many real-life ancient religions - which fortunately also fits with the Kuriotates having Creation mana as their most important mana type.

Your Uncle meets you behind the Inn. A group of about twenty men and boys, with a few other woman, are gathered around. A bonfire is lit as you arrive, and everyone grabs a torch. Haral smiles when he sees you. "Ah, I knew you'd come! I'd like you to meet Arish, a new initiate." He introduces you to a young man with long hair and eyse of two different colors, one brown and one blue.
Arish smiles. "Our collegue from fair Kurias. A pleasure to have you join our brave efforts tonight."
"This attack was Arish's plan," Haral interjects. "Now come, the patrols should have just passed north. We can hurry and destroy the progress they have made. The fires will be seen by the courthouse--the Bannor shall know no laws can bind those with the passion of the Ancients!"

"May the fire remind us of the dragon's breath!"

[I wont be online for the next few days, so please don't do too much where I need to respond quickly.]
"But how can an elf know Sheaim Magic? I agree with Thomas, we must go back to my people. Now, Mipe, I know that you aren't that interested in knowledge or the greater good, but we Amurites are also skilled enchanters, so the reward should be good. Mryddyn, this may help a lot of people, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you also showed a bit interest in the arcane? You should be able to obtain some knowledge there.
Ken, I don't know how I can motivate you, but it is your homeland too, and we could both use more training, a thing which should be easy to find there. Perhaps we will even be able to take the trial in the Cave of Ancestors."

"Tell me once you're ready, I will be in the library, studying a bit. Oh, and have any of you seen Munak? I hope she haven't run into troubles..."

"yes ,Tsanal, we should, but only after we find out what is going on here. I am quite fascinated with how you Amurites work Mana, it would be very interesting to visit your homeland, there is no need to try convince me (he smiles broadly) i am already there..."
then his smile fades as he wonder aloud:
"yes, where has Munak gotten to, i havent seen her all day, and we're supposed to be hunting down this Cult, not lounging around here. I wonder if we should look for her... what if she's been captured by the Cult?"

Also, on a side note:
"Tsanal, do you think you could enchant my clothes and belongings to transform along with my body (including my belt and seeds etc)? i wouldnt feel like my belonging dropping to the ground or ripping if i need to polymorph in a hurry, like if we're in the middle off a fight."

Also, would you like someone to RP for you while you're gone? a DM or someone?

Top Bottom