Farm Mod

i'm not sure i understand.

In the last 30 years the workers have been screwed

Sure, but illusion is key. It doesn't matter that workers have been screwed, just that we have idolized the working man. Idolizing the working man is the best way to achieve a totalitarian society, the people are the least likely to rebel.

Sure, but illusion is key. It doesn't matter that workers have been screwed, just that we have idolized the working man. Idolizing the working man is the best way to achieve a totalitarian society, the people are the least likely to rebel.

most of the country worships Mammon...

Ok, I've finished the sounds! Attached are sounds for the:

Apiary (I'm assuming you don't already have a sound for it)
Arboretum
Bandit Hideout
Community Garden
Fairgrounds
Farm Supply
Greenhouse (not the most exciting, but it's an authentic greenhouse sound from freesound.org!)
Hydroponics Lab (sound taken from Civilization: Call to Power)

For the Florist, may I suggest the existing Jeweller's Store sound? It's a "bell-ringing-as-door-opens" sound, which IMO fits a florist well.
For the Bureau of Farm Management, I can't figure out a new sound for it, so maybe you could use the existing Press Agency sound for it. Seems Bureau-ish enough to me :p.
The Warehouse doesn't require a sound, if I am correct, because it isn't directly constructed.
For the Farmer's Market, you can use the existing Grocer, Supermarket, or Mall sound; I don't think it needs a new one.
And finally, for the Botanical Gardens, you can use the existing Park sound which seems fitting enough.

That's it for what I can see, anyway. If you want more sounds, just make a list and send it to me -- I'm always willing to work on some more! :)

Attachments

• Farm Sounds.rar
    3.1 MB · Views: 84
Ok, I've finished the sounds! Attached are sounds for the:

Apiary (I'm assuming you don't already have a sound for it)
Arboretum
Bandit Hideout
Community Garden
Fairgrounds
Farm Supply
Greenhouse (not the most exciting, but it's an authentic greenhouse sound from freesound.org!)
Hydroponics Lab (sound taken from Civilization: Call to Power)

For the Florist, may I suggest the existing Jeweller's Store sound? It's a "bell-ringing-as-door-opens" sound, which IMO fits a florist well.
For the Bureau of Farm Management, I can't figure out a new sound for it, so maybe you could use the existing Press Agency sound for it. Seems Bureau-ish enough to me :p.
The Warehouse doesn't require a sound, if I am correct, because it isn't directly constructed.
For the Farmer's Market, you can use the existing Grocer, Supermarket, or Mall sound; I don't think it needs a new one.
And finally, for the Botanical Gardens, you can use the existing Park sound which seems fitting enough.

That's it for what I can see, anyway. If you want more sounds, just make a list and send it to me -- I'm always willing to work on some more! :)

Thanks, that's prefect. Only comment is that the Warehouse may need a sound after all, I set it to be build able too. (Not sure why it shouldn't be). I listened to all the sound effects, they sound great!

Thanks, that's prefect. Only comment is that the Warehouse may need a sound after all, I set it to be build able too. (Not sure why it shouldn't be). I listened to all the sound effects, they sound great!

Ah, ok, I was just going off of the first post which said the Warehouse was only available through the BoFM. It does make sense you can still build them regularly anyway, so here is a warehouse sound!

Attachments

• Warehouse.rar
    373.9 KB · Views: 93
Great work guys, but....
we just pointed out that our cities got too much food and grew up ridiculously fast... Afforess tweaked the food nicely in last versions of AND. So is really the Farm Mod (which goal is to increase the food production again, isn't it?) sth we really need?

Before you shoot me down: YES, I know I will have the possibility NOT to install this component :mischief:

Great work guys, but....
we just pointed out that our cities got too much food and grew up ridiculously fast... Afforess tweaked the food nicely in last versions of AND. So is really the Farm Mod (which goal is to increase the food production again, isn't it?) sth we really need?

Before you shoot me down: YES, I know I will have the possibility NOT to install this component :mischief:

Always Severus Snape being a PITA. I'm joking, I agree with him in some extent. I fear the transformation of Civ in Simcity, which would make it lose, IMHO, some of its spirit.

Always Severus Snape being a PITA. I'm joking, I agree with him in some extent. I fear the transformation of Civ in Simcity, which would make it lose, IMHO, some of its spirit.

:)

I just think that we can see a rush to increase the content, which is of course fun for creators and players but we need to realize that it causes some problems as well. Besides of the issue of game balancing (first example - bulbing techs by GP became MUCH less powerful than it was before, mostly because of the number of techs, but also food, money, production, science output problems), I can see the creators of new stuff in the "the game crashes and the turns take so long" department as well. Don't you see a direct link between content and speed/stability?

Don't take me wrong guys. I understand you are having fun, and taking the long and complex history of human invention into account, you still have a lot of modmods to make :) As long as they are optional, I don't mind. I just personally focus on the issue of balancing, tweaking and making the EXISTING stuff working properly, and I encourage any ideas and changes in this area rather than introducing 1250th building to our already packed cities. As my friend :) from Brasil wisely pointed out, CIV IV is NOT another SimCity.... And it should not be.

Again - please don't take me wrong (however, I'm prepared for some bitter comments). It is not my task to attack, harass, humiliate or laugh up anybody. I admire every person who contributed to this most exicting and excellent game (RoM/AND) which I have ever played. Thank you all, seriuously.

I think its becoming better than Civ OR Sim City ever was. If anything its becoming a more detailed representation of human history and its many MANY aspects. Many of my ideas come from various other games, books and tv shows on the History Channel. I am sure others get their ideas from similar sources.

I think that perhaps the sheer amount of buildings is getting to be a bit too much. I know we're going for content for content's sake, but we really don't need any more bonus food/health/happiness buildings.

I just think that we can see a rush to increase the content, which is of course fun for creators and players but we need to realize that it causes some problems as well. Besides of the issue of game balancing (first example - bulbing techs by GP became MUCH less powerful than it was before, mostly because of the number of techs, but also food, money, production, science output problems), I can see the creators of new stuff in the "the game crashes and the turns take so long" department as well. Don't you see a direct link between content and speed/stability?

Don't take me wrong guys. I understand you are having fun, and taking the long and complex history of human invention into account, you still have a lot of modmods to make :) As long as they are optional, I don't mind. I just personally focus on the issue of balancing, tweaking and making the EXISTING stuff working properly, and I encourage any ideas and changes in this area rather than introducing 1250th building to our already packed cities. As my friend :) from Brasil wisely pointed out, CIV IV is NOT another SimCity.... And it should not be.

Again - please don't take me wrong (however, I'm prepared for some bitter comments). It is not my task to attack, harass, humiliate or laugh up anybody. I admire every person who contributed to this most exicting and excellent game (RoM/AND) which I have ever played. Thank you all, seriuously.

I think that perhaps the sheer amount of buildings is getting to be a bit too much. I know we're going for content for content's sake, but we really don't need any more bonus food/health/happiness buildings.
I don't think we need any more buildings. Good thing they are optional.:D

I'm not particularly worried about these buildings being OP or destroying the game balance. None of the buildings give a percentage boost to food, and most come so late game that you often have other build priorities (factories). Every Building has an oppertunity cost, and these have a rather high opportunity cost, as static food boosts in the late game are less noticable, and the maintenance hits in the late game are more noticeable. If I get complaints about them, after people have tried them out, I'll happily tweak them.

As for the number of buildings, RoM really didn't need any more to begin with. But as one commenter said in another thread, AND is a builder's paradise. I would like to keep it that way. But, if that bothers you, then just un-select the component.

As for the number of buildings, RoM really didn't need any more to begin with. But as one commenter said in another thread, AND is a builder's paradise. I would like to keep it that way. But, if that bothers you, then just un-select the component.
That is what is great about moduler mods!:king:

Thank you. Please keep it this way. Because the nice thing about AND is you can select what you like to install and leave out what you don't want. :D Of course I like most things added. :p

Top Bottom