Civ4 Beyond the Sword Patch v3.17 is out

Seems like this patch will solve most of BtS's issues with Vista. Too bad my download speed evens out to around 40 kps:sad:.

Very fast download here. Then again, I'm about 10 minutes away from Firaxis HQ. :)

hello guys,

i know it is not maybe a right place to ask , but i have problems installing the
patch.
i have installed the game w patch 3.13, and everything was working okay.

i installed 3.17 and when i want to start the game it says :

"please insert a correct CD ROM, select OK to restart the application"

do i need an no CD FILE ??

please help

hello guys,

i know it is not maybe a right place to ask , but i have problems installing the
patch.
i have installed the game w patch 3.13, and everything was working okay.

i installed 3.17 and when i want to start the game it says :

"please insert a correct CD ROM, select OK to restart the application"

do i need an no CD FILE ??

please help

well, you need an original CD, than it should work.... :lol:

Just finished with 3.17 a game that I've started in 3.13. Had long war with HC invading my continent. War lasted from 1920 till 1980, all battles took place within my cultural borders. I also had Statue of Zeus. During course of war I think I've killed several of his invasion forces, not too big but over the course of the war maybe a total of 200 units. I was technologically superior and didn't loose many units.....His research didn't slow down at all.

After wining via space race I went to world bilder to take a look at his cities...not a single unhappy face due to war (he was running US). That was on Monarch, standard, epic. I also got all the "happy" wonders btw. So its seems WW is now in the game for the sole purpose to slow down the human player

Combat line of promotions not available to Siege

How has no one picked up on this one . . so much for barrage vs. combat promos for attacking stacks in the open-field??

Am I the only Steam user who freaked out last night because my BTS was auto-updating figuring it was some kind of error?
Funny, I had auto-updating off because a couple of times it read Bhuric's patch as meaning my version was out of date and re-patched me to 3.13 official. Ah well, I certainly wanted this patch.

Just finished with 3.17 a game that I've started in 3.13. Had long war with HC invading my continent. War lasted from 1920 till 1980, all battles took place within my cultural borders. I also had Statue of Zeus. During course of war I think I've killed several of his invasion forces, not too big but over the course of the war maybe a total of 200 units. I was technologically superior and didn't loose many units.....His research didn't slow down at all.

After wining via space race I went to world bilder to take a look at his cities...not a single unhappy face due to war (he was running US). That was on Monarch, standard, epic. I also got all the "happy" wonders btw. So its seems WW is now in the game for the sole purpose to slow down the human player

Shame really. Now there is even less point in Statue of Zeus.
Guess that is gameplay over realism - I don't see how WW ruined the gameplay however, and one should think that war atleast had some impact on the people.

First, discussing cracks is against the forum rules. Second, I doubt that any programmer can read the whole code and make reverse engineering to make a crack in less than 24 h

I just want to confirm that if you install the patch that older games won't load.

Thanks!

So what is the Compatibility Status on BUG and Bhruic?

So what is the Compatibility Status on BUG and Bhruic?

I haven't run into any issues w/ BUG, though I haven't started a new game yet - just continued my game that was ~1600AD. Some ppl have noted that some (new) game options appear as TXT_FOO - which might be BUG Mod related.
And since Bhuric's was primarily a DLL - this replaces that. Again no issues.

I've also done a comparison of the cvUnitInfos.xml to Veritas Delicat's - the only difference appears to be the "scale" (ie Better Ship Scale). So looks like most unit/graphic mods wont be affected by this patch - changes to units noted in the changelog must be in the DLL not the xml files.

Also seems like the game caches a bit more information? I don't recall these files listed in the cache before:
Code:
CIV4BonusInfos.dat
CIV4BuildingInfos.dat
CIV4CivicInfos.dat
CIV4CivilizationInfos.dat
CIV4HandicapInfo.dat
CIV4ImprovementInfos.dat
CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.dat
CIV4PromotionInfos.dat
CIV4TechInfos.dat
CIV4UnitInfos.dat
GlobalDefines.dat
GlobalText.dat

2. siege not attacking from sea. well can the ships at least attack and cause collateral? no? well then that completely nullifies amphibious invasions unless you have marines and they have rifles. i mean look at D-Day, probably the largest scale amphibious invasion ever undertaken. the reason it succeeded? that would be battleship bombardment of defenses. i have seen a lot of gameplay > realism, but this is getting rid of both.

You really need to read more about the history of that day... history, not myths. The Navy bombardment of the Normandy beaches was absolutely useless... all accounts about that day show that. The infantry landing found nothing but the fortifications intact; this was especially true in Omaha beach.

As for realism, and/or gameplay, even with my huge imagination it is hards for me to picture a catapult firing from a galley... :lol::lol::lol::crazyeye::crazyeye:

As for realism, and/or gameplay, even with my huge imagination it is hards for me to picture a catapult firing from a galley... :lol::lol::lol::crazyeye::crazyeye:
Reality trumps imagination: Romans & Greeks used catapults from galleys & trimerines quite often.

Not that I'm arguing with the rule change at all.

As it turns out, I'm having problems with several mods included with the 3-17 patch. They all return the same Python error while loading.

Spoiler :
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
ERR: Call function onEvent failed. Can't find module CvEventInterface
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "<string>", line 52, in load_module
  File "CvEventInterface", line 13, in ?
  File "CvEventManager", line 12, in ?
  File "CvScreensInterface", line 19, in ?
  File "CvDanQuayle", line 8, in ?
  File "CvGameUtils", line 11, in ?

Apparently, the module CvEventInterface can't be found.

What the heck?? :confused:

I reinstalled the patch, but that made no difference. The Mesoamerica mod loads OK, but there a problem with all my units (and apparently those of the other Civs too) being damaged every turn for no apparent reason.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    9.4 KB · Views: 90
I reinstalled the patch, but that made no difference. The Mesoamerica mod loads OK, but there a problem with all my units (and apparently those of the other Civs too) being damaged every turn for no apparent reason.

lol I noticed that too but that's an actual feature. Units catch disease in that mod. I think it's really strange that diseased units get pretty much redlined. I was worried they'd die. So don't worry the mod is working properly.:) (By the way did you not read the little intro, because it explained the rule changes there).

Top Bottom