Medieval Total War II: Actually Medieval- The Mod

Yui108

Deity
I am reaching out feelers to see if there is any interest here for a community project/mod. The other day, I was discussing MTW II with someone on AIM, and we agreed on one thing- That the early medieval era is by far the most interesting part of the era, and it is a damn shame you only get to experience a bit of it in the game. I also thought that 1080-1520 (or even later, depending on your mod!) was not truly representative of the medieval era. We agreed playing from the start of the medieval era in 843 (Treaty of Verdun, which basically created the modern states of France, and Germany as well as setting the stage for the Italian and Dutch political layouts for centuries to come) to the end in 1453 (Fall of Constantinople, end of the Hundred Years War, invention of the printing press) . This allows you to experience a much greater part of the "Early" middle ages (can you say Vikings?) and shaves off the substantially less fun ending part of the game.
Other potential changes we could make could be true-to-history family trees, evening out family aging to years, and fixing movement rates ( In Vanilla, you need at least 12 years to get from London to the holy land with increase crusade movement--total fail)

So is anyone interested?

I really enjoy the end of the game. Musketeers, Cannons, Ribaults, Pikemen are really good. Although I agree most people seem to find the early game the most entertaining.

I really enjoy the end of the game. Musketeers, Cannons, Ribaults, Pikemen are really good. Although I agree most people seem to find the early game the most entertaining.

I agree it's entertaining but, they aren't really medieval units And might it be you enjoy those units just because they are elite? More early era elite units would be cool.

Top Bottom