Diplomacy by numbers - spreadsheet

I assume that checking "random personalities" completely randomizes every number in the table?

I don't think that's correct. I believe instead it assigned a random other leader's personality to the leader ... so a random matching between leaders and columns of the table (or rows, depending on which table you mean).

Random numbers would not work as well, as there are intentional couplings between numbers and such.

Keep in mind that everyone of these scores changes by a maximum of two points up or down each game... SO.... Gandhi could be...the super nukeman.

Here's a quick analysis looking at which civs you can probably trust when they say they're Friendly in the earlier parts of the game. What I've done is taken the Friendly approach column and subtracted the Deceptive approach column.

* Your results may vary! Remember that all AI variables may be adjusted up or down by 2 at the start of a game, but this gives an expectation of what the leaders will be like most of the time.

Trustworthy

Ghandi +4
Genghis Khan +3
Kamehmeha +3
Askia +2
Darius +2

Untrustworthy

Augustus -3
Montezuma -3
Oda Nobunaga -3
Elizabeth -2
Isabella -2
Pachacuti -2

This fits with my experience in game, Gandhi is obviously very friendly but I've also found Genghis to be a fairly reliable friend. Montezuma is almost always deceiving at first, and I've never trusted Elizabeth or Isabella either.

I honestly wan't promise anything, my time for Civ5 has been limited since work picked up (thank god, btw).

I wonder does this effect the spreadsheets, taken from June/July patch info:

Rebalanced AI flavors and strategies for unit training to improve AI army composition and build choices.

Also, I second that it would be super very cool to get the reads for civs like the one for Egypt. Maybe some day, I can dream..

I just found this table, and thank you, I found it very helpful :)

You mentioned religion is a flavor but it's not currently used. Do you think it is in there so it can be used in the future?

Very interesting.

I think it would dramatically improve diplomacy if the range was reduced from 1-12 to, say 1-6.

That way, each AI seems far less erratic and, in my opinion, will have a more obvious personality. 6 would be very rare. If possible, only one six for each flavour. I think by reducing the range you could get to know the AI more and hence make them seem less erratic, and having a smaller difference between them would also make them seem less erratic. Of course, the maximum value wouldn't be a 6 with the current value. The value of 6 would be about 10, the value of 1 about 4. I honestly think this would drastically improve diplomacy.

Very interesting.

I think it would dramatically improve diplomacy if the range was reduced from 1-12 to, say 1-6.

That way, each AI seems far less erratic and, in my opinion, will have a more obvious personality. 6 would be very rare. If possible, only one six for each flavour. I think by reducing the range you could get to know the AI more and hence make them seem less erratic, and having a smaller difference between them would also make them seem less erratic. Of course, the maximum value wouldn't be a 6 with the current value. The value of 6 would be about 10, the value of 1 about 4. I honestly think this would drastically improve diplomacy.

I disagree (not that it makes much difference). The scale is actually 1-10, despite India's 12. The (+/- 2) range sets the value for the whole current game you are playing so each civ is not predictable game to game. Total personality predictability would be a BAD thing.

I'll have to edit this threat throroughly, I'm pretty sure all the values changed with the latest patch.

Just an observation from games I've played, it seems that Boldness might have something to do with whether or not a civ will DoW without considering your coffer, or tech situation.

The "I know the odds are against me..." DoW speech would be a good indication of that.

Similarly, it might have to do with how quickly they try to settle for peace after their numbers are reduced.

I think the "meanness" value might be the likelyhood of the AI showing up and putting down your army/empire/etc., but I'm purely speculating based on the description. This might not be right since that also seems to be associated with the "Hostile" AI mood.

I wonder why so few people play with "random pesonalities"? At least non-"Earth TSL" maps.

Isn't it more fun to be unable to predict AI behavior?

I wonder why so few people play with "random pesonalities"? At least non-"Earth TSL" maps.

Isn't it more fun to be unable to predict AI behavior?

Because it doenst matter if i play just normal the AI does random things every game random declaring war against everybody/ infinitve city spam

If i put random personallities not much changed only a few things maybe the order that things happen change a little

Dont see any difference

Top Bottom