New Unit SturmTiger

Originally posted by Kinboat
And Kemal69 must really like my units :) This is the second civilopedia he's made today :) Thanks.

I hope you don't mind, I'm just re-adding the units I like to play with to my bic file, I somehow messed up my old one and it became corrupted.

Originally I didn't worry about civolopedia entries etc, but this time I thought I would do it properly.

And I do like your units. Not to dissuade all the other unit creators, but you also have quite a few up your sleeve.

I like smoking mirrors units a lot too, but he does have a strong leaning towards tanks, and you can only put so many tanks in the game. :D

I probably should clarify that last statement, because I do love smoking mirrors units. :)

And I am following his new industrial units thread with envy. The game is so short on naval units. :)

IMHO the Sturmtiger is the best WWII tank unit in existence Kinboat !! :D It fits in sizewise, colourwise, and the animation is practical and very nicely done!!!

I gave it the stats as follows:

Cost: 18;
Movement: 2;
Attack:16;
Defense: 12; (to be converted to 10 after tank killers)
Bombard: 16; Range: 1; Rate of Fire: 2

Added: Zone of Control and Blitz, as these have been given to all tank vehicles starting from WWII !

Requieres: Oil, Iron (Rubber has been taken out recently as countries seemed to be more dependend upon rubber than oil, with infantry units already accounting for rubber needs)

:egypt:

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r
Defense: 12; (to be converted to 10 after tank killers)

How do you work this?

I have been pondering the idea of stat upgrades by making two units in the game the same, but having the second version available with new tech... and at the same cost. I think this would allow for a free upgrade?

I haven't tried it though.

But this would not force you to upgrade.

eg. SturmTiger MkI -> SturmTiger MkII

Just a thought.

If it was the same cost and the upgrade was a bad one. ie the defense lowered, I gather the AI would definitely not upgrade. I certainy wouldn't. But all new units would be the MkII.

Btw, I like the vitnam scenario idea, Monimower is working on a Centurian MkIII tank too which I know saw service in Vietnam.

I just confused myself and probably everyone else completely by replying to two completely different threads in one post. Ignore the vietnam stuff. ;)

I don't get alot of time to look through everthing here, and I had to unexpectidly :o replace a hard drive. Soooooooo, I was looking around to get some units I lost and see if there were any I forgot about or missed, due to the three months or so I was gone:rolleyes: I came across this and it was exactly the unit I wanted but did not know it was here. Since we have PTW now and have probably gained many new members, I thought I'd post here to bump it back up front:D

Since this has been bumped, allow me to remark on what a great unit it is. I use this unit as an SPA unit, titled Assault Gun. I love the unit - can bombard, and hold it's own, and assault. Assault Guns carried both HE and HEAT rounds, so they should have both a strong bombard and pretty strong regular attack. They were well armored, so a good defense is also suited. Not as strong on offense or defense as the Panzer, but competent at attack and bombardment.

Venger

Originally posted by Sneus
Great work Kinboat, good to see somebody making decent units.

As opposed to everyone else, who make crap ones. Is that what you're saying?

Here are all the sounds for Kinboat's SturnTiger Unit.
...I Changed/Tweaked the Run sound and made a Fortify Sound. This Fortify sound uses the Default flc so it will play just before Attack Sound. It is adjusted to work as the Fortify and the Mechanical Loading sound just before Firing. The Death Sound is Only adjusted to fade out and the Attack Sound is adjusted for Timing. This BIG Attack Sound is very Desirable so I only changed the timing and also tapered the end of the sound a bit. The SturmTiger and Attack Sound will not Rapid Shoot due to this Long Attack wav but the SturmTiger is Really not meant for Fast Attacks and this should not be a problem. Great Work on this Unit Kinboat :goodjob:

size 386 KB..get the Download Here: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/SturmTiger_Sounds_and_INI.zip

Yep, big time neromancy.

The link's dead. Anyone wanna re-up this one?

EDIT: Looking at a bunch of other old units... lots of links are dead. What's the deal?

EDIT2: In fact, even the links to new units aren't available. Am I just doing something wrong?

Top Bottom