Fallout: Tame The Wastes bug reports

The file seems to be corrupt. I have tried to download it several times, but it fails to extract. :(

EDIT: Well, it worked on the third time. The download was very slow though... I'm going to go play now :)

When I got to a goody hut that gave me a new tech, the popup was completely blank.

Yeah, all the tech popups are blank. If you hit enter it goes away. It is kind of annoying, but this is an alpha? beta? something like that.

I don't have this tech popup issue, it is confusing me.. I have a slightly different issue in that changes I make to this popup screen don't take effect, so I am planning to re import this file, to see if it was corrupted some how. I have the immigration bug fixed, I am just trying to fix some more things and add some more content, just to make downloading the new version a bit more worth while.

The unhappiness for citizens makes it impossible to reassign the tiles your cities work when you're at the happy cap.

Please do something to this green-acid interface - i cant read some text becouse of it.
Or give option to change it - please.

Here my save + dump - nothing in error log.

Attachments

• auto.7z
    1.5 MB · Views: 239
Please do something to this green-acid interface - i cant read some text becouse of it.
Or give option to change it - please.

The issue with the interface is one of 'glow' I am slowly working through the relevant files to remove it, the best fixed example so far is the 'dawn of man' screen. I have had some trouble with the tech pop up screen, my changes won't take affect and some people have reported the tech splash screen not working at all, so that file may need replacing and redoing. The interface is pretty tricky, as it is spread over a lot of python files and you then have to find the relevant parts and find something that you can change it to that works with the code.. It is a tedious and time consuming process :D

Here's 4 Different saved games that always crash after ending the current turn.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-2150-June-Week 1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    59.1 KB · Views: 248
  • AutoSave_AD-2150-November-Week 1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    66.8 KB · Views: 241
  • John Maxson AD-2150-September-Week 3 #2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    62 KB · Views: 209
  • John Maxson AD-2150-September-Week 3.CivBeyondSwordSave
    61.6 KB · Views: 157
BOS too overpowered .. or i playing with some..very goood luck)

how to capture enemy cities? ALL units cannot capture cities... bug?

AI dont know about unposibility of city capturing.
i training my units using their cities)))

unit Sheriff then selected to build give warrning about icon size that bigger then 64 bytes or something like this.

Scavanger camp \ Fort \ logging camp have TOO MUCH turn till growing..
you really meant 1800 turns? i understand that Marathon is LONG game but not such long..

Yes that button glitch is one I have seen, I am still trying to work out exactly what is wrong, but chances are there is some over spill of a couple of pixels that cause it, it also happens with one of the robot icons.

With the BOS, chances are you are playing the random map where they lucked out with loads of gold at their start location (I think it was gold) So they get a huge lead, this is all just temporary map stuff, eventually we will find a way to fix the random map generator and also create proper fallout maps.

City Capture is not a bug, in order to capture cities you have to research 'Conquest' this then allows the main units to capture cities. The purpose of this is to prevent rush crushing of factions in the beginning of the game, as some factions will be stronger in the start than others, and when the fallout maps are complete they will also start much closer together. The early game is all about raiding, pillaging and slaving each other, pillaging is actually a very necessary part of the economy for some civs, particularly raiders, and it boosts all things, not just gold. Again this will come into play much stronger when the Fallout maps are added as you will find it much easier to reach each other without being eaten!

The upgrade times for improvements is intentional for two reasons:

1) When you research the right technologies your workers can build the upgrade version for a price, so if you have the resources you can 'Force Upgrade' your improvements and economy.

2) Certain civics boost upgrade times for improvements, so if you have a corporate government for example, they will increase the investment and speed of development of your improvement infrastructure. This all still needs to be tweaked and balanced between the many factors to get it to play just right.

right now what little energy i have is going on trying to deal with this main CTD bug, but the solution continues to dodge me...

OK but can i suggest to lower value, something like from 1800 to 1000 ?

Did you looked in C2C ? they have many good stuff!

Top Bottom