Looks like the XBOX 360 version is better than....

KAZUY4

Warlord
PS3 version. I'm been reading in 2k forums and there are so many complains regarding the PS3 version. Disconnections, no chat, no video chat, game freeze when you access civilopedia, etc. Anyone with the full version can confirm all that? I have both consoles, but to be honest I'm quiet disappointed with the PS3, maybe I'll sell it soon.
But for all those waiting to buy a console to play this game, can some one confirm all those PS3 issues?
Thanks

I remember when GTA IV come out, the PS3 version had so many bug and problems for online gaming that I'll decide to buy the game for my 360, never had a problem with it. I'll do the same with Civilization.

yeah your right they could even change some things before it comes out here(bugs, glitches, etc.)

Indeed. We have had a patch for a minor leaderboard issue - your game will probably ship with that patch. They might have found more now, I'm not sure.

well its good that they're already trying to work things out (unlike GTA4, which they kinda gave up on), so a patch, is that in the form of an "update" that prompts you when you start the game?

It is indeed. But it may come on your disc so you don't need to do this. Either way, it's not really a big issue.

alright I just wasn't sure what all the "patch" lingo stuff was about didn't know if it was expansions or something.

PS3 version. I'm been reading in 2k forums and there are so many complains regarding the PS3 version. Disconnections, no chat, no video chat, game freeze when you access civilopedia, etc. Anyone with the full version can confirm all that? I have both consoles, but to be honest I'm quiet disappointed with the PS3, maybe I'll sell it soon.
But for all those waiting to buy a console to play this game, can some one confirm all those PS3 issues?
Thanks
I read more 360 owners complain about disconnections on that forum yet that maybe because they are more that has the 360 version. Connection problems seem to be the biggest complaint which effect both versions.
As far as no chat I believe the complaint was no "typing" chat ,thus both version doesn't use the keyboard.
One of the problems I have seen with both Ps3 and PC (with other games) is very few ever use voice chat. From my experience I can see why. Even when I have a mic hooked up I often found myself muting it. I found in practice it pretty useless.

I havent experienced any bugs or freezes with the full game on my ps3. I dont know about connection problems since i havent played any multiplayer games yet. But i havent had much problems with that on other games neither.

My only complaint would be some minor lag on advisor pop-ups, some battles and scrolling across the map. But mostly pretty smooth though. Still, any lag should be unnecessary for a game like this.

Didnt have any problems with GTA IV on my PS3, infact it hasnt frozen up even once.

Civ revolution is also working great for me, and havent had issues.
Dunno if X360 version is better, but as far as I am conserned the Ps3 version has worked fine for me.

connection issues have been heard from both camps.
Ps3 and x360 users can try the demos and compare which version to buy, the game works pretty much indenticaly to the demo.

I remember when GTA IV come out, the PS3 version had so many bug and problems for online gaming that I'll decide to buy the game for my 360, never had a problem with it. I'll do the same with Civilization.

I own both versions of GTA4 and play them both. My PS3 copy has been roses. My 360 copy has frozen up on me 3 times. I was expecting the reverse. :)

Some problems are with the person and not the game (disconnecting is a common person problem).

Either way, I just want to get it already. :)

Didnt have any problems with GTA IV on my PS3, infact it hasnt frozen up even once.

Civ revolution is also working great for me, and havent had issues.
Dunno if X360 version is better, but as far as I am conserned the Ps3 version has worked fine for me.

connection issues have been heard from both camps.
Ps3 and x360 users can try the demos and compare which version to buy, the game works pretty much indenticaly to the demo.

Somethings there are that might turn the odds of better X360 version, but imo they are not clearly enough to ruin the game by any way.

- sometimes you need to pause the game and unpause it to advance in turn.
(most likely bug, hopefully will be fixed with patches)
- small framerate problems, usualy because fast switching from menu to game, to civilopedia, tech tree.
- upload of the Game of the week scores is slow (made 2000ad financial victory and it wanst there even 4 hours later :( )
- a bit too sensitive analog controls (this is probably only my problem because my controllers left sticks default position has moved few millimeters up from its original(to intense gaming in other games :confused:))

Thats all "problems" I have witnessed. Havent played the multiplayer yet.

I own both versions of GTA4 and play them both. My PS3 copy has been roses.

Do you light your ciggarettes with dollar bills? ;)
Can I ask why you would spend 120$ for two copies of the exact same game?

Also, for those that own the game, are people who leave online games automatically counted as losers and the person remaining awarded the win? Also, what kind of online stat tracking is available in the game? Is it just wins/losses or does it include the number and types of victory someone has acheived etc.? Thanks.

Top Bottom